How Do You Fight a Severe Case of Cabin Fever.........

Sunday morning came, and we had breakfast reservations at 1900 Park Faire, as we were packing up to check out, we took a few pictures from our balcony

IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

This was from outside the room looking down into the restaurant

IMG_3565.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

As far as the hotel(s) we were in each of them only one night, and they were both "free" on my IHG Rewards Points. Also because I'm a Platinum member with them, I usually get upgraded rooms, or upgraded to the Executive Level. We had a microwave and fridge in each room, the beds were really comfy and the bathrooms were great. The Holiday Inn LBV does charge $12 for parking, but when we checked out, we mysteriously were not charged.

We loaded the truck back up and headed over to the Grand Floridian and valet parked, then inside for breakfast.

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

There used to be a Topiary of Mary Poppins here. Sadly it is gone

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3585.jpg

We were inside the restaurant very soon

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3588.jpg

Breakfast!!

IMG_3589.jpg

Lobster Eggs Benedict, Yummmmm!!!

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3592.jpg

IMG_3593.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

Photo limit, more coming soon :)

Some pictures of the buffet

IMG_3596.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

Custom omelets

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

After breakfast, Rick did some shopping and I sat on the balcony of the 2nd floor for a bit

IMG_3612.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3614.jpg

IMG_3615.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

Then we headed for the Monorail and Magic Kingdom for a little bit of shopping. We couldn't stay long, because we wanted to be on the road back home by 1pm.

That update coming soon

I just want to say thanks for all the comments. I'm not much to reply to every comment, but I do appreciate them!!!

Continuing on......

When we left off we were heading to the monorail.

IMG_3620.jpg

A few pics to aggravate Lou :)

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg

Boy that is a funny looking "tree"

IMG_3624.jpg

More Lou aggravation

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3626.jpg

Handsome fellow

IMG_3650.jpg

Quick ride to the MK

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

They are redoing the canopies over the MK Boat docks

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

Halloween decorations at the Magic Kingdom

IMG_3709.jpg

I stopped in the fire house and got some Sorceror's cards.  They have a new rule that you actually have to open a portal before you can get another set of cards, so I cracked open a package and opened a portal, then joined Rick in the Emporium, and we picked up a few things

I caught a few minutes of the silly Shake It Move It Parade, or whatever it's called now:

IMG_3711.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

Then it was time to go. We had a drive ahead of us and wanted to get back on the road. We decided to take the boat back to the GF.

IMG_3713.jpg

IMG_3716.jpg

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3718.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

And at the point, the "Magic" severely went out of our trip.

We got to the Bell Stand and Grand Floridian, and I couldn't find my breakfast receipt to save my life, so I went back to the restaurant and after some hemming and hawing, finally got a reprint of my receipt with Tables in Wonderland so we wouldn't have to pay the valet parking fee.

Then when we got in the truck, it sounded "off" and then all of a sudden the check engine light was on and flashing!!! GRRRRR

So we pulled into the Hess station, filled up with gas and ran a Vehicle Health Report. It came back bad..... Cylinder misfiring, but it couldn't tell us the exact cause.

20140921_133944.jpg

Fortunately, AAA Car Care Center is right there, so we had them run a diagnostic, and turned out to be some kind of coil. So two hours and almost $400 later, we were finally on the road home. I'm just thankful they could fix it right then. I was really worried that it would mean an extra night in Orlando, and a visit to a dealer on Monday morning. I'm actually very impressed at the level of service they can provide. I thought they provided just simple stuff, but they are a full service repair shop :)

So then about 12 hours later, and after dinner at Golden Corral in Macon, we were back in the driveway and off to bed.

Yes, we only had just over 24 hours in the "World", and it was a ridiculously long drive for that small amount of time, but well worth it!!!!!

Thanks for reading!!

That breakfast looks yummy. 

Waiting for a boat in the rain would SMB these days. 

The car trouble also SMB, but at least it was fixed quickly. 

I think this trip brings Carol closer to Mo on Lou's scale. 

I'm thinking that "Carol" is a lot closer to "Mo" on the crazy scale than I thought.  

Wow!  Scary we had the same thought.  Like, REALLY scary.   :rofl3:

Great TR Carol.

I think Carol needs to be upgraded to Mo-Lite.

It's like Miller Lite but more NuckinFuts and less alcohol.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: You're killing me AC...     And  I am completely stoked that Rick is up and around....   And Ed...  take your time...  you'll get there too...