How Do You Fight a Severe Case of Cabin Fever.........

As you all know Rick had hip replacement surgery just over a month ago. He was confined to the house, and by association, so was I. As the weeks went on, we were getting pretty snippy with each other.

So on Friday between morning physical therapy and his afternoon Dr. appt, we packed the truck, then after the Dr. appt we headed South!!! Rick was also told he could drive :)

Now these pics are woefully sporadic, but there are a few.

We got as far as Tifton, GA on Friday and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

We start with breakfast on Saturday morning.

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3550.jpg

Here's Florida

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3554.jpg

We arrived at our hotel at Disney, but our room wasn't ready, so what to do now??

Go to the Fort of course!!

We dropped in on Bob & Kathy and visited with them for the afternoon. However, as usual when we start gabbing with Fiends, we forget the camera.

We also spent some time upgrading our tickets we had purchased from Undercover Tourist to Annual Passes.

We are now owners of Premier Annual Passes!!! (good at both WDW and Disneyland!!)

After our little trip around the monorail a couple of times and a couple of boat rides, we went back to the Fort and visited the Meadows, and picked up a couple of things, then went up to the marina and watched the Electrical Parade and Fireworks

20140920_220727.jpg

20140920_220713.jpg

20140920_220709.jpg

20140920_220654.jpg

After the fireworks, we collected our truck and headed back to our hotel. We were at the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista at DTD.

We got a room on the 14th floor :)

Sunday and a few more pictures coming up :)

I'm in!

So did the UT ticket to AP work like it always has?

I'm in! Curious if the bridging worked on the tickets and about that hotel. It's usually open for last minute trips. 

The short answer is yes and go to the TTC!!!! I'm working on a write up on that whole process that Mo is going to turn into an article :)

Yeah! Fresh air and a change of scenery is always a good thing!

I'm in.  So glad you were able to get away!

I'm in. Glad you found a cure for what ailed y'all.

Great news you are out and about.

Thank ya! Thank ya all!! It was an awesome time.

I'm going to back up to Saturday again, and tell a little bit about our upgrade. Several folks on this board had tried the upgrade with the "price bridge" and were not able to get the discount applied to their upgrade.  I asked another Disney friend of mine who is a bit of a ticket expert, and they indeed assured me, they were still able to "bridge" between Discount Ticket price and gate price.  However, there was a recent change that muddied the waters with a lot of CMs. They no longer "bridge" between old Disney purchased tickets at a lower price. I was told by my friend to go to the TTC. Those folks do nothing but sell tickets all day long and are the experts, so that's what we did.

We took the boat to MK, scanned our tickets, entered the MK, walked under one train station tunnel, passed through Town Square then back out the other tunnel, and off to the monorail.

We got to TTC and went to the ticket booths. Handed her our tickets, IDs and requested Premier Annual Passes.

We were almost foiled. They only sell Premier Annual Passes at Guest Relations directly outside the parks.  I didn't want to lose the knowledge and the bridge, so I punted and requested Premium Annual Passes. I figured we could upgrade to the Premier APs at any time.

She started typing and I asked is the Bridge between discount tickets still available. The answer was Yup, already taken care of!  :jumpforjoy  :jumpforjoy  :jumpforjoy 

She then typed some more and printed us our Premium Annual Passes. We had breakfast reservations the next morning, so I asked about Tables in Wonderland. Those too are only sold at Guest Relations, so instead of finishing our upgrade to Premier at a later date, back on the monorail we went, and to the Guest Relations windows outside MK.

My only worry now was would my credit card throw up a fraud alert with two consecutive transactions at WDW Ticketing. (Turned out to be three transactions, as Tables in Wonderland had to be a separate transaction also). But all went through without a hitch.

I'm sorry about no pictures, but for our little sojourn, we had even left our phones in the truck...... :banghead:

Rick looks great!!  

He is joining us this weekend, right?  

So far I haven't been able to talk him into it :(

He says he'd rather go singing on Friday and then play some poker on Sunday

(I also secretly think he is going to take the weed whacker to the yard). I can mow the yard, but can't run the weed wacker for the edging, and he keeps saying he is going to do it, but I won't let him.