A solo day at Disneyland. (California Adventire)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! That looks like it's very well done and would be a good replacement for the Backlot Tour.

They did an excellent job recreating a cartoon town.

If they have to get rid of the Backlot Tour it would be good replacement.

But why get rid of it? There's so much room to simplely add Cars Land.

Great job on this report, Ray.

I find this breakfast menu very intriguing:

DSC03057_zps2a075a2d.jpg

I have never heard of eating a chicken tamale for breakfast, yet it is one of the four choices on the menu.  That must mean they sell a lot of chicken tamales.  And another of the four choices is a fruit plate with an oat bran muffin?

California is a strange land.

TCD

DSC03057_zps2a075a2d.jpg

I have never heard of eating a chicken tamale for breakfast, yet it is one of the four choices on the menu.  That must mean they sell a lot of chicken tamales.  And another of the four choices is a fruit plate with an oat bran muffin?

TCD

California is VERY strange

DSC03057_zps2a075a2d.jpg

I have never heard of eating a chicken tamale for breakfast, yet it is one of the four choices on the menu. That must mean they sell a lot of chicken tamales. And another of the four choices is a fruit plate with an oat bran muffin?

TCD

Yes California is a strange place. Having been raised there I can assure of that.

SoCal has a very large population of Mexicans and Asians.

So tamales for breakfast is normal there.

My neighbors at the end of our street where from Vietnam and they ate soup for breakfast. We walked together to school and sometimes I got to their house early and momma would make me a bowl. My favorite soup was the spicy one. It wasn't too hot but there were sliced peppers you could add and cilantro and line to add as you liked.

And you haven't lived till you've tried a Filipino adobo burrito. Yum.

I'm in very late to this trip report but lovin every minute of it.  Congratulations to your son, hope he has a lot of fun and success in his career! 

Maybe in a few years I can scrape together the cash to hit the left coast for some Disneyland and maybe a ride up the coast.  If we took the kids it would be a flight out.  But I've driven across this country twice before and another long road trip is on the list of things to do someday!

Sorry I just got back to this today. I have been to DL before and have plans to be back next summer. Cars Land wasnt completed yet and the new entrance for CA was under construction. Loving all the pics. 

I hope you enjoyed the things your are blaming me for ;-)

I'm in very late to this trip report but lovin every minute of it. Congratulations to your son, hope he has a lot of fun and success in his career!

Maybe in a few years I can scrape together the cash to hit the left coast for some Disneyland and maybe a ride up the coast. If we took the kids it would be a flight out. But I've driven across this country twice before and another long road trip is on the list of things to do someday!

Better late than never. Lol.

Thanks for reading along.

Thanks I'm pretty proud of him. But now I need to save my pennies and by a BMW.

A pilgrimage to Disneyland is a must for any true Disney fanatic. Lol.

You've got to make it out here soon. You won't be disappointed.

Like lots of American kids outside of California....this was my first exposure to tamales.

http://youtu.be/iCk6etC5pRI?t=1m8s

So let me get this straight. You and lots of kids outside of America learned about tamales by watching a pig selling tamales in an American cartoon while speaking French? :rofl2:

Sorry I just got back to this today. I have been to DL before and have plans to be back next summer. Cars Land wasnt completed yet and the new entrance for CA was under construction. Loving all the pics.

I hope you enjoyed the things your are blaming me for ;-)

I thought you had been here out to the weird coast before.

Cars Land was under construction during our last visit also. Thanks. I've got a bunch of pictures coming.

And don't act like you don't know what you did!

Let's see I took a few pix of Red and across the street from Red and Luigi's, and next to Flo's V8 Cafe, is Ramone's House of Body. It's a gift shop, and I don't normally do gift shops. But since my real first name is Ramon I had to take a picture. The mountains behind Ramone's is Radiator Springs Racers.

DSC03066_zps616f1abe.jpg

Ok let's get to Luigi's Flying Tires. It's across the street from Ramone's.

Sorry for the poor quality picture but remember it was early in the morning and the sun was just at the right spot to make for a bed picture.

DSC03069_zpsb2e8c53a.jpg

You walk into what is suppose to be a tire store.

DSC03076_zps49e1fb7e.jpg

I wasn't going to go in because the wait time was so long. Lol.

DSC03073_zpsf56c8a45.jpg

The sign was showing a 5 minute wait but it was way off. I walked right on. Lol.

A shot of the office and me in front of the mirrored wall. I think it was suppose to be a mirror like they have at some department stores for trying on clothes. Notice there is absolutely no one else in line.

DSC03079_zps978d412d.jpg

DSC03078_zps5092640a.jpg

Here's your "tire". It holds three people and you lean to maneuver the vehicle so you can bump into other tires. I wasn't going to post this picture but I noticed the awesome trees in the background. Pretty cool!

DSC03081_zps95679a0e.jpg

Here's an action shot of the ride. That tower In the background is the Tower of Terror and to the left of it is the Aladdin stage show. You can't see Aladdin stage show in this picture. I was just trying to help you get a feel for the area. We will that area later in this TR.

DSC03080_zps053fd511.jpg

Notice the round discs on the ground. They are air jets. Thats what floats the tires. Think of a giant air hockey game and get the picture.

image_zps134e75bf.jpg

And here's a picture of me a CM took.

I'm ready too roll!!!

image_zps32f03fad.jpg

Let's look across the street again next to Ramone's. Guess what it is? Yep another gift shop.

We will get back to that gift shop in a moment.

DSC03090_zps9a26232f.jpg

At the end of the street is the founder of Radiator Springs.

Stanley.

DSC03091_zpsb07a99cd.jpg

A close up of our founder.

DSC03092_zpsaf6ff0ed.jpg

Ok back to the corner gift shop. As you are walking down the street towards Stanley and RSR (Radiator Springs Racers). This is the last building on the right and you turn right as you pass it to get to RSR. See all those people walking? They're heading towards RSR.

DSC03093_zps9e838f63.jpg

And there it is! The third and final ride at Cars Land.

Radiator Springs Racers.

DSC03094_zps7ec0a052.jpg

It's a nicely done area.

Notice the clock in the rear tire to the left?

It's 9:08. Remember I walked in at 8:21.

Yep Plan B is working great. Look at all the things we've seen and done in approx 47 minutes.

Also notice the stand by wait time?

30 minutes. That's really not bad for the hottest ride at CA.

DSC03095_zpscd16f64a.jpg

Well we're getting close to photo limit and I've got a lot of pictures of the theming and the actual ride so I'll post those next time.

Thanks

Ray

How were the flying tire things? I've heard they were hard to operate and people got stuck a lot?

I have seen rumors posted in a few places that Luigi's Flying Tires is going to be closed and replaced with another attraction in January: http://www.themeparkinsider.com/discussion/thread.cfm?page=275

I guess they've had a lot of problems with the attraction.

TCD