• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A perfect MK evening for me.....visit the shops on Main Street, ride the Peoplemover, ride COP, see fireworks, have a sweet treat, and hit the boat back to the Fort.  

"but this attraction is one of the last few around that he (Walt) was personally involved in, and that makes it special to me"   If for no other reason....save the COP.

Just got to ride it after it being closed for refurb. Our room had new seats and cushions. I also noticed improved lighting especially in the side scenes behind the curtains. Some of the character ani

I absolutely LOVE Carousel of Progress. I will even say it is my favorite attraction in all of the "World". Yes, I wish they would do something new with it. I'm even thinking instead of updating the final scene, they could add an additional scene and make load and unload in the same theater. Perhaps add another 30 seconds to each scene so that unload/load has a bit more time. Yes, they are doing so much more with technology nowadays, but this attraction is one of the last few around that he was personally involved in, and that makes it special to me.

"Around here ... we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious ... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

Three guesses as to who said that and the first two don't count.

Well Keep moving foward was a Walt Disney quote in Meet the Robinsons so I will have to go with Walt Disney.

You gotta admit, this quote could have easily come from a Fort manager.  

"Around here ... we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious ... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

They don't leave anything alone.....there is no value given to tradition......they try new things just for the sake of change and putting their "manager stamp" on things.  

I stand by my answer.....Jose Mola.  

You gotta admit, this quote could have easily come from a Fort manager.  

They don't leave anything alone.....there is no value given to tradition......they try new things just for the sake of change and putting their "manager stamp" on things.  

I stand by my answer.....Jose Mola.  

I actually understand where you're coming from and agree.

In defense of Joey though, it's all his predecessors that are to blame. I don't think he's done anything, good or bad.

I heard on the grapevine that Doug Lord was back at the Fort

Doug Lord is still shown as GM of the water parks and mini golf.

Doug Woolever, who was one of the Duty Managers at the Fort, which I believe is the Doug that the grapevine is talking about, is also still shown as a Duty Manager at the water parks & mini golf. He left when Doug Lord left and reports to him at the water parks.

Doug Lord was the GM for both the WL and the Fort.

I heard the same rumor. If the second Doug is back at the Fort, it hasn't been updated on "The HUB" yet.