Disney Testing FP+ Only at TSMM Oct 6-9

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am relieved to hear it will only take a period of almost two years to complete this project. I mean, I am sure it takes twice as long to add another TSMM track as it does to build all of Diagon All

Possible explanation for the test:   http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/toy-story-mania/news/07oct2014-soundstage-1-to-become-home-to-a-third-track-for-toy-story-mania-at-disney's-hollywood-studios.h

TCD   Here is a picture of the ride config.....     You can clearly see two separate tracks for the ride. Almost mirroring each other. They could easily add another load area for the new track creati

"...A similar test at Princess Fairytale Hall last month was an unmitigated disaster, with FastPass+ return waits of 45+ minutes. A test at Soarin’ with return tickets went a little better, but was still scrapped before the test was supposed to end."

So... third time's a charm?!

I'm with Kelly... disaster.

Yeah, I don't really see the purpose of these tests. What is the goal?

They seem to be focusing these tests on the attractions that have the highest demand, and therefore the longest standby wait times.   Let's indulge in some idiot thinking to see if we can figure this out . . .

The premise behind FP+ was to stop having guests wait in long lines. They want guests out at the shops and restaurants spending money.  So, maybe the idea is to just eliminate standby lines- then nobody can complain about how long they are.  And, since there's nothing else to do, guests will go and spend money in the shops and food service locations. 

It apparently does not cross the idiots' minds that if they guests have nothing to do, they may leave or not bother to visit in the first place.

TCD

Lemme see if I have this straight. 

One of the perks of Fastpass+ is to allow people to avoid the standby lines. 

Now, they are testing the elimination of standby lines by having people wait in a Fastpass+ line. 

And if you failed to sign up for a Fastpass+, you can just go shopping and get a bite to eat.  But not at a sit down restaurant....cause you'd need an ADR for that. 

What a system. 

To me, it looks like they are trying to discourge the "casual" visitors. 

You know, those happy go lucky, spur of the moment people that just decide to go somewhere and have fun. Whether it's Disney, Busch Gardens, the beach or the mountains.

They are looking for the PLANNERS!  The people that book everything 6 months in advance.  They have times and places figured out to the second.... no Jody, we don't have a potty break scheduled for another 3 hours.  If everyone PLANS, then Disney can PLAN employees schedules better and know how many overpriced hamburgers to order.

I know for some of the visitors it's a once in a lifetime trip and they want to make the best of it and see everything, but I still look back on the good old days where everyone stood in line and waited their turn.  It might have been a pain, but everyone was equal.

Being the spouse of a retired WDW cast member, it's my understanding we can not get advanced fast passes but must wait till the day we are at a park to see if anything is available.   I call NOT FAIR! >:(   Maybe I'm mistaken, I hope so.

How is it for people who buy the Florida resident park passes?

Being the spouse of a retired WDW cast member, it's my understanding we can not get advanced fast passes but must wait till the day we are at a park to see if anything is available.   I call NOT FAIR! >:(   Maybe I'm mistaken, I hope so.

How is it for people who buy the Florida resident park passes?

You are not mistaken.  CM's can only get FP+'s at the kiosks in the parks on the day of.

Non resort guests with valid tickets (including AP holders) can make FP+ reservations 30 days in advance.

Resort guests with valid tickets (including AP holders) can make FP+ reservations 60 days in advance of their resort stay.

Good thing CM's hook each other up.

TCD

You are not mistaken.  CM's can only get FP+'s at the kiosks in the parks on the day of.

Non resort guests with valid tickets (including AP holders) can make FP+ reservations 30 days in advance.

Resort guests with valid tickets (including AP holders) can make FP+ reservations 60 days in advance of their resort stay.

Good thing CM's hook each other up.

TCD

Thanks TCD.....but...we do

Thanks TCD.....but...we do

Are you saying that hubby can get FPs in advance with his Silver Pass?

He does have a Silver Pass, right? 

I guess it's just the CP CM's.

TCD

If you're saying that only CP CMs can't get FPs in advance, in the past regular CMs have not been able to get them either. If they can now, I haven't heard it.

If you're saying that only CP CMs can't get FPs in advance, in the past regular CMs have not been able to get them either. If they can now, I haven't heard it.

Nope, I am saying that the CP CM's have several sneaky FP hacks that they use.  I noticed it before the twins became CP CM's, and I have confirmation of it now.

TCD

And only CP CMs can do it?

No.  I'm sure that others do it as well, I've just noticed that it always seems to be young CM's who have magical access to the FP+ return lines.

And, I should add that it's not always hacks they use.  Sometimes they get authorized paper FP's as rewards from their bosses.  Very generous of the managers to let the help cut in front of the paying guests.

TCD

I see a lawsuit in the future ... and Disney will have a hard time fighting it. A friend of mine was refused entry using the GAC program. Denying ALL accessible entry is NOT a wise move.

I don't know about that one Ed, what they are saying is, if you want to ride, you must have a FP+. If you have a FP+ and need the accessible entrance, or some other special accommodation, they will help you.

Maybe he ran into the wrong CM. I'll check with him later and see if it was fixed. He was NOT happy a little while ago. If they require you to have a FP+, then that might be the issue. the GAC worked without a FP+.

But the GAC is to accommodate people who can't go through the regular line. If they cut out the regular line to everyone, they're being equal.  

By turning the FP+ line into the equivalent of the standby line, then they are making that line inaccessible. Also, the GAC doesn't require a FP+ ... by requiring one, that also does away with some of the accommodation. The GAC was a step in the right direction ... this trial is two steps back.

Who knows what physical line they are cutting out. They are not changing the accommodation that the GAC provides. They are requiring an extra step for ALL guests, which is to have a FP+. If a person who has met the requirement of a FP+, also happens to have a GAC, then the CM can assess their entrance needs based on the GAC.