Blessings upon Blessings Trip Report

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, hopefully this worked.  This is the photopass video of our Seven Dwarves Mine Train Ride.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfceXi3ooI&feature=youtu.be

Here is the ride video for Tower of Terror.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU6Tf7ZPrfk&feature=youtu.be

From there, we checked to see if there any FastPass+’s were available for the 7 of us.  We were able to book for Buzz, so we went to ride that again.           Next we made our way over to the cas

From there, we checked to see if there any FastPass+’s were available for the 7 of us.  We were able to book for Buzz, so we went to ride that again.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7061420

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7061421

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7061421

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7061422

Next we made our way over to the castle to wait for the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Random castle photos:

1BA9B7C1-09E7-4652-9903-44D7855F3607_zps

863CFBC5-8BFC-464C-B033-7BE4D989BF8A_zps

No parade pictures, but here are some fireworks pictures.

6ACF39FD-DAD8-479A-ACD3-03981249E946_zps

B443EDCE-C777-46C4-BB55-039B670DA03E_zps

FEAD42D2-8C10-4EF4-85AD-271E91603FC6_zps

I should explain that at this point, daughter's iPhone was running out of battery power, so rather than carefully trying to take pretty photos, she was just snapping as fast as she could before the battery died.  I should also confess that i did not watch the fireworks.  My feet were so done I just sat on the ground through the fireworks.

This one is pretty cool.

172E3024-7840-4EB5-824F-5D6946242B9A_zps

One last fireworks photo to finish our day at Magic Kingdom.

1D355A1E-2BA0-4DF5-9540-B951761F77A6_zps

We took a very crowded boat back.  Some parents were unhappy when the boat driver instructed them to collapse their strollers, but he was just trying to get as many people back to the campground as quickly as he could.

Next up, another day of Fort Wilderness and Downtown Disney

I can see your oldest daughter 'helping' Anna in years to come.  Has she thought about working at WDW?

After our trip in 2010, she came home very excited to eventually be a WDW princess.  I looked up the hiring requirements and had to dash her hopes.  She was already too tall to be a princess and she has grown since then.

She still thinks about working there, but her real career aspirations are to be a wife and mom. :D

I was going to ask if all the kids got parts at Belle. Sounds like a mess if your kid doesn't get chosen and wants to.

Whenever I've done it, they've always asked if anyone else would like a part. They have plates and thing to give people who do. 

Love the candids of your youngest daughter meeting A&E.

Also, Princess Tiana usually meets in that gazebo. They got lucky meeting Prince Naveen. (unless something's changed) 

The next morning, my main focus was getting dry shoes.  Dry towels were also on the agenda.  So I threw the shoes in a dryer at the comfort station and decided to do laundry while I was there.  $25 and many hours later the shoes were mostly dry and I had clean laundry.  Except then it started to rain and since all the shoes were sitting outside the camper (although they were under the awning) they all got soaked again.  I wanted to cry.  So I did.

While I spent most of the morning and early afternoon in the comfort station, the kids enjoyed the Fort.

19yo found an intruder on Bob’s dock.

657E0FB5-7EDB-444E-9CD6-723079B21D8D_zps

Being a good fiend, she felt this needed investigating.

A20BD39C-1616-4A5A-BB09-BFB267566371_zps

282A7780-DE8C-4384-ABE2-B72CB9C68E62_zps

Apparently, he didn't want to leave.  Bob will have to return to evict this bird himself.

One interesting thing I noted was when I took 17yo’s sneakers out of the dryer, the sole wasn’t firmly attached to the rest of the shoe.  In fact, it was mostly detached.  Turns out he didn’t want to worry me, so he made no mention of it before the trip.  Throwing them in the dryer only made it worse. So, we needed to buy him something and, given the weather, sandals made the most sense.   It was decided that a trip to Downtown Disney was in order.  In an odd twist of irony, 17yo didn't want to come, so he spent the afternoon by himself - his version of heaven. :)

Trying on a hat in DTD.  (Yes, that is a Gaston t-shirt.)

BB88EC49-CE4D-4218-A3C7-9213FF2E2A45_zps 

Random DTD pictures.

B6F89B18-2C49-4A5B-978A-4526013E6AD1_zps

6FB7429E-A8D8-4B1E-8A0D-0792E218F8DF_zps

After a yummy meal at Earl of Sandwich, we found some sandals that would fit for not too much money at Curl.

Panoramic from the boat we took from one end of DTD to the other.

590718DC-E0E4-4759-AE08-C345D36F590C_zps

A last picture from the boat.

408F8206-2BA7-4DC7-91C0-DA7029A12EED_zps

I was interested to learn there had been so much rain, they were not running boats to the resorts from DTD because they weren't sure they would fit under the bridges.

Some pictures my daughter took after we got back to the campground.

D3AC7347-BEA0-483B-AF23-85EDECAFA838_zps

4C82B6C5-3B38-4DD0-A87B-C0996D92A8FA_zps

32CB50A6-FCE7-4CBC-B808-EC31209DCA81_zps

This was just a short update, but the next one starts our last park day. :(

Wonderful update.... I'm so sorry about your shoe troubles.  I found out years ago that a good supportive all weather sandal is best for the parks and I actually haven't worn true sneakers in years. Teva or Merrill walking sandals have been wonderful for me!!  I can wear them without socks in the summer and with socks in the winter.

I was going to ask if all the kids got parts at Belle. Sounds like a mess if your kid doesn't get chosen and wants to.

There were some disappointed looking parents and children. :(

Very fun!!!!

Yes, it really was. :D

Your world show case photos make me realize we need to take the time and look around. I'm guilty of skipping most of it.

I think having the passports helped us be sure to see more of it than we might have.

Seeing how tenderly she interacts with her sister, I would say she has had a great role model for becoming a mother one day.

:heartsmiley:

Whenever I've done it, they've always asked if anyone else would like a part. They have plates and thing to give people who do. 

Love the candids of your youngest daughter meeting A&E.

Also, Princess Tiana usually meets in that gazebo. They got lucky meeting Prince Naveen. (unless something's changed) 

They mentioned something about other parts but then rushed everyone into the next room, so no one had time to respond. :(

I was sooo glad I was able to score those FP+ for Anna and Elsa.

One nice thing about it being Naveen instead of Tiana is that most likely the line was shorter.  19yo said if the line had been longer , they wouldn't have done it.

I love the report and all that you have done on this trip.  Sorry the rain was such a pain.  However a rainy day at Disney is better than most days anywhere else.

EDIT this was YC not Mrs.YC.

Sorry about the last post, I didn't realize I wasn't the one signed in.

YC…Eric

Now that Mrs YC has an official post.....it's time for her to dive in!  

Marty, I am way late to this party but I just sat and read through this report.  Looks like you guys had such a wonderful time.  Loved your older daughter's selfies with the characters and her disneybounding. :)   Looking at your pictures makes me that much more excited for our trip.  Unfortunately, we still have 8 months.  :/

Wonderful update.... I'm so sorry about your shoe troubles.  I found out years ago that a good supportive all weather sandal is best for the parks and I actually haven't worn true sneakers in years. Teva or Merrill walking sandals have been wonderful for me!!  I can wear them without socks in the summer and with socks in the winter.

Good to know!  I may try this out for my next trip.

I love the report and all that you have done on this trip.  Sorry the rain was such a pain.  However a rainy day at Disney is better than most days anywhere else.

EDIT this was YC not Mrs.YC.

I agree that a rainy day Disney is better than most days anywhere else.

I know this is too little too late but if you ever have wet sneakers again, stuff them with newspaper overnight. In the morning they will be completely dry.  I speak from personal experience!!

Good to know - Thanks!

Even so, WELCOME Mrs. YC :)

Now that Mrs YC has an official post.....it's time for her to dive in!  

Oh she is so mad at me right now.  But at least she now knows what it is like to have your new content messed up by someone else.

WElcome Mrs. YC and try to forgive him for an innocent mistake.  I'm sure he was just so excited reading my great trip report that he forgot what he was doing.  :lol:

I hope you will dive in and start commenting.  I would feel particularly honored if your first true comment was on my trip report! :D

Marty, I am way late to this party but I just sat and read through this report.  Looks like you guys had such a wonderful time.  Loved your older daughter's selfies with the characters and her disneybounding. :)   Looking at your pictures makes me that much more excited for our trip.  Unfortunately, we still have 8 months.  :/

Welcome and thanks for reading along.

My advice on what to do the next 8 months is have fun planning your trip.  That is how I spent most of my year. ;)

Wonderful updates, Marty!  Sorry about your shoe and foot problems.

I think the good Lord felt it necessary to remind me that while Walt Disney World is very nice, it is not Heaven.  That is where I am headed.  That is where I long to be.  But sometimes, I get busy and forget.  I appreciate Him reminding me.  :heart:

And these hawk photos!! WOW!  Good eye there and fast camera work.  Could you tell what was in his/her talons?D3AC7347-BEA0-483B-AF23-85EDECAFA838_zps

4C82B6C5-3B38-4DD0-A87B-C0996D92A8FA_zps

32CB50A6-FCE7-4CBC-B808-EC31209DCA81_zps

Looking at the head in the middle photo I wonder if this is an owl?  And the feet dragging low like that while in flight also make me think it might be an owl?  Just guessing because I am not a serious birder, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once!

Marty - these photos and the trip report are great.  I was so tempted to try and follow along yesterday, but did not want to try and view the photos on my phone.  Took a while to get caught up but it was worth the wait to see them on the bigger screen.  Really enjoying this.

Sorry about the rain and the wet shoes, sore feet, but I bet it was still worth it.

Our last full day at Walt Disney World was scheduled to be a busy one.  We had gotten our park tickets through a program called Disney Student Seminars.  It is Disney's home school program.  There were many classes we could have attended, but since we don't get to Disney very often, we elected to spend our park time doing rides and attractions.  There was one mandatory class and i was looking forward to it.  It was called Healthy Living: Living with the Land.  A Disney gardener was going to be teaching on hydroponics growing and other unusual ways to have a garden.  That class was being taught in Epcot, so we started the day heading there.

You might recall that we had skipped Mission: Space and Turtle Talk with Crush our first Epcot day, and the hope was to do those that morning as well.  We had to be at the class by 9:30a, so we would only have time for one ride before that.  I decided to send the older offspring to Mission:Space while I took the 7yo on Spaceship Earth again.  Then we would meet up and go to the class.  Good plan.

We left the campsite at 7:30am and in good time got to Epcot.  We made our way through bag check and lined up right in front of the scanners to enter the park.  So far so good!

We had plenty of time before park opening, so i was tacky once again and did the 7yo's hair while waiting for rope drop.

8334366A-2D1C-42EF-8AA7-476561C9E98C_zps

12A5B63A-2895-46F5-9431-F3742D6C30E3_zps

You can see how early we got there.  It was practically deserted!  But I had plans and wanted to be sure they worked out.

Finally, at a few minutes to 9am, when the crowd was much larger, they said we could scan our bands.  First ones to scan!  Firt ones to fail. :(  At least mine did.

Remember how I said I had one day left on a ticket from January which was expiring 9/28, and then the 3-day hopper?  And how I was very careful to use only that ticket on our Friday adventures at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios?  Well, because I had tied that ticket to My Disney Experience account for this trip - so I could book us FP+ all together for Friday - the scanner counted that Friday as one of my 3-day hoppers.  That meant I did not have a valid ticket for Thursday, 10/2.  Oh, and my older children had been at different scanners and were now in Epcot headed to Mission:Space, unaware that I was unable to even get in the park.

I was sent to Guest Services, with my 7yo, where the cast member explained to me in detail how this had happened and how sorry they were before finally telling me he was able to fix it.  I did not throttle him.  But I was tempted.

He finally worked it all out and told me I was good to go.  I asked if i now needed to wait in the long line of people going into the park.  he said just go back to the CM who had directed me to him.  I politely but firmly walked through the line, talked to the CM, scanned my band and rushed for Spaceship Earth.

We had a fine time on Spaceship earth.  I texted 19yo that we were a bit delayed, so she got her self a Starbucks while waiting for us.

BC2E6D41-B5BD-403E-86C2-CF3694438E4C_zps

The cup says Gaston because she was Disneybounding as Gaston that day.

We got tot he class a few minutes late, but enjoyed the rest of the class.  After class, we were ready to hit the parks hard for our last day of touring.

Quick picture in Canada.

F7CBF08D-19A0-42AE-9026-97C2AFAAA82F_zps

We went to Turtle Talk with Crush and enjoyed that.  Afterwards, we looked around the aquarium area for about 30 minutes.  We all agreed we could spend most of a day there.  But we had plans!

Time to hop to the Magic Kingdom!

C51EEB76-5540-4627-9194-E837CD3D7500_zps

BD0B121B-9424-41D2-B47D-1569A2B7950B_zps

EAC9650D-55A2-40E7-96B2-B5D56975BDC3_zps

80E31A90-3D08-4E74-BDBA-C80F2CD12FFA_zps

Quick change at the Ticketing and Transportation Center to another monorail.

BB6C08DE-B47A-4724-9506-216349A6000F_zps

02D53E3B-6F94-4BC9-A78E-394AF0B1EC31_zps

08F4DA14-869C-49FF-9B58-40A2FB1B9201_zps

We are there!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7062253

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7062253

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7062256

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_7062256

9AF9319A-99DE-4082-87FC-F483EEA602EC_zps

We will pick things up there when I get back from taking a child to the dentist.