An EGG-cellent Weekend at Stone Mountain

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, let’s keep this short report rolling. We were enjoying the beautiful day…     And we started talking to our neighbor, Chris. Chris and his family were here for Eggtoberfest too. It was their firs

So now that I have finally joined the Fiends and since everyone is watching (no pressure) I will make my first post. It sort of feels like taking the protective covering off your new smart phone!   In

So let me get this straight.  You let some crazy lady you just met....at a campground of all places.....talk you into joining some internet group of people obsessed with a mouse?  You took advice from

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the 2015 EGGtoberfest is schedule for the weekend of October 10th at Stone Mountain.  Kelly and I have both reserved spots in the F loop... in case any other Fiends want to join us!   :)

I can't wait!!! Some friends of mine just reserved the site across from us. 

• 2 weeks later...

OK Kelly, I am headed to Atlanta for the Peach Bowl. Did you ever get a price for the Mini-Max and what is the name of this dealer? I may want to stop by while I am in Atlanta. My local dealer has quoted me $600 with the stand.

I'll have Jason call since he's buddies with the guy. 

• 1 month later...

Looks like the 2015 EGGtoberfest is schedule for the weekend of October 10th at Stone Mountain.  Kelly and I have both reserved spots in the F loop... in case any other Fiends want to join us! 

I can't seem to find the link for the 2015 Eggtoberfest at Stone Mountain. Does the event take place only on Saturday? What time do the gates Open/Close? Rethinking our schedule that weekend and possibly will drive down early Saturday morning, assuming that if we arrive mid morning we haven't missed too much.

• 1 month later...

Not to hijack, but if anyone has plans or an idea for a wagon for a Large egg, wife and I are talking about putting our large on the Camper (toy hauler) and buy an XXL for home.  I've looked at the Mini-max, but if I can bring my large, I'd rather! 

I'm going to bring it to Defeated Creek for sure.

If this sounds crazy, we usually travel with 3 dutch ovens and a dutch oven table...

Not to hijack, but if anyone has plans or an idea for a wagon for a Large egg, wife and I are talking about putting our large on the Camper (toy hauler) and buy an XXL for home.  I've looked at the Mini-max, but if I can bring my large, I'd rather! 

I'm going to bring it to Defeated Creek for sure.

If this sounds crazy, we usually travel with 3 dutch ovens and a dutch oven table...

There's a trailer hitch mount for BGEs that also has a special nest. We built a carrier for our medium. The bad part about it is that it takes 2 adult males to set it up. 

As far as the XXL, the price of that is more than the price of 2 larges. Depending on what you're planning, I think 2 larges would be more versatile. Have you seen our double table?