Cell Towers Installed at the Fort

Paid a quick visit to the Fort yesterday (October 16, 2014), and I was surprised when I looked to my right while passing the unhitch area and saw two cell towers rising above the trees:

101614288_zps213ebf64.jpg

fortcelltower_zps7d6f776d.jpg

I'm sure there's a very good reason they had to be installed where guests can see them.

I hope everyone enjoys the view while traveling to the Meadow Trading Post to pick up your internet kit because they can't figure out how to give campers Wi-Fi at the Fort.

TCD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Paid a quick visit to the Fort yesterday (October 16, 2014), and I was surprised when I looked to my right while passing the unhitch area and saw two cell towers rising above the trees:       I'm su

Foolish mortals. These cell towers are not for you, they are for the nearby resort you are not allowed to visit.

Maybe they will cover them in plastic branches and make them look like Sequoias.   PS, I can't see the pictures, my work PC blocks links to imaging sites so I'm just imagining what they look like!

Maybe they will cover them in plastic branches and make them look like Sequoias.

PS, I can't see the pictures, my work PC blocks links to imaging sites so I'm just imagining what they look like!

They do have some fake tree cell towers around WDW.  There's a big one over by Animal Kingdom.

But, no way they're going to spend money on fake branches for a bunch of filthy campers.  We can just avert our eyes as we enter the Fort via its main entry. 

TCD

Foolish mortals. These cell towers are not for you, they are for the nearby resort you are not allowed to visit.

Look just above the trees, here is a cell tower with "branches"

IMG_3624.jpg

OMG! That freakin blends right in!

I can definitely believe the park WiFi is being overwhelmed.  I've tried using it a few times and it's horribly slow. That plus the data "heavy" MDE app = ugh.  I usually end up turning WiFi off - and not using the MDE app unless I absolutely have to. That's also why I still use the Touring Plans app for wait times and menus. It's super "light," uses very little data, and loads really quickly.

Another possibility to consider...

If they are working on improving the WiFi around WDW, it's not necessarily just for Guests...

There are tons of tablets being used by the front desks at the resorts, ticketing, and many, many other applications. They're used for things like activating tickets, cashiering for bar service, etc. 

CMs having trouble getting service on these would seem to be a much more pressing matter than how quickly Guests can access MDE.