Introduction, and thanks!

Hi!  

Noobs here,

Myself (Mike) , DW, DD, DS...

Thanks to all the information we found on this site we had a great first trip to Disney and to the Fort this year.  I'm hoping my very low key first posting will not get me yelled at for not joining sooner.  

:unsure:

Since camping for us is done for the year and we can't get back to the Fort till School is out :(  The kids and I put together our own Mickey Lamp over the weekend.  (Thanks again to the plans I found here!)  I used a string of color changing LED rope lights I found a Home Depot complete with remote control (you can just see the receiver eye of the remote at the top of the post.)  Made this for fairly easy disassembly and storage in the TT so we can take it with us on all our camping trips.  Still need to paint, and, decide how to keep it stable at the base (staking or getting another base/milk jug...)  It's already occupied a place of honor in the Living Room. 

F664E70E-ECD9-493E-BAA3-6A9683133ECA_zps

welcome-flag-smiley-emoticon.gif

Nice job on the lamp post!!

And if you've been lurking around here for a while, you know that Lou will be by shortly to give you a hard time for not posting sooner.

You can repay the favor by giving him a big hug if you meet him in person.  8)

LOL. I'd love to meet Lou and make good on that hug!

I can't yell at you, Mike, or call you a schmuckface, yet, for not joining sooner because it depends on how long you've been lurking. But I will yell at you for not letting us know that you were at the Fort because as it was your first time to WDW and the Fort, insight from an on the scene Fiend might have been helpful during your stay.

Nice job on the Mickey light. I had to say that. Mo makes me say one nice thing to noobs or she yells at me.

Where are you from?

Hey there! It's good to get to say hi and not just lurk. Hah. We're from Central Ohio. Near Columbus. A little town called Pickerington.

There's a new guy thread or board on here someplace. I'll have to find it and say a proper hello. As prepared as we were (thanks again to the folks here) we just were completely overwhelmed buy not just our first trip to Disney, but our first "big" camping trip. Now that summer is over Ive got more time to surf the inter webs. But. I generally read a lot more than I post.

Hi!  

Noobs here,

Myself (Mike) , DW, DD, DS...

Thanks to all the information we found on this site we had a great first trip to Disney and to the Fort this year.  I'm hoping my very low key first posting will not get me yelled at for not joining sooner.  

:unsure:

Since camping for us is done for the year and we can't get back to the Fort till School is out :(  The kids and I put together our own Mickey Lamp over the weekend.  (Thanks again to the plans I found here!)  I used a string of color changing LED rope lights I found a Home Depot complete with remote control (you can just see the receiver eye of the remote at the top of the post.)  Made this for fairly easy disassembly and storage in the TT so we can take it with us on all our camping trips.  Still need to paint, and, decide how to keep it stable at the base (staking or getting another base/milk jug...)  It's already occupied a place of honor in the Living Room. 

F664E70E-ECD9-493E-BAA3-6A9683133ECA_zps

Welcome.

Past weekend, I saw a Mickey lamp, and they had the post in a toilet flange and then used those aluminum round (look like giant nails) tent pegs to stake it down.

I used thwe toilet flange on my first lamp, but i bolted it to a square of 3/4 inch plywood for more stability.  It's only fallen once and burned a hole in our large snow globe.  For my other lamps i have used old milk cans.  Sometimes hard to find and harder to decorate.  And Welcome.

We use a dollar store bowl. Cut a hole in the bottom. Put in a PVC pipe with a smaller size than the main pole and fill the bowl with cement. When it dried turned it over and we had a cement stand with a pole sticking out. We just slide the lamp on and use to large bolts to keep it from jiggling.