Loved the castle pix.

Love Great Danes.

We had two in Germany but left them with family friends when we moved to California.

We got another one, Chico, as soon as we settled in and he lived 15 years. He was the best dog ever. He was the biggest baby. He was afraid of birds. Lol.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, all, to my latest trip report.  It will start slowly and take some time to complete, but eventually we will get to the end.   First of all, thank you for reading along and especially for commen

Wednesday, October 15 -- The Day the Rain Stopped -- Part 1   It was still raining this morning, so I changed our FP+s to the afternoon.  Went to the Trading Post and purchased our refillable mugs.  I

Wednesday, October 15 -- The Day the Rain Stopped -- Part 2   Our next FP was for BTMRR.             Is that ride getting rougher, or are we just getting older and more sensitive?   As we left th

Loved the castle pix.

Love Great Danes.

We had two in Germany but left them with family friends when we moved to California.

We got another one, Chico, as soon as we settled in and he lived 15 years. He was the best dog ever. He was the biggest baby. He was afraid of birds. Lol.

15 years... wow, I would imagine that's a long life for such a big  huge dog.  Glad he was part of your family for so long.

Big baby uh?  Growing up, my family had a lab-retriever mix that was such a chicken-butt.  I use to hate taking him for a run, because if a neighbor had moved their garbage can 5 inches in the other direction, he would bolt the other way (pulling me in tow of course).  He was such a sweet dog though, that I still ended up taking him for a run most nights :)

Anyway, we're at the dog park, and the guy is there with his two Great Danes.

Cookie was playing with his dogs, and she came by the bench where we were all sitting to say hello.

The guy says hello to Cookie, and asks me her name.  I tell him.  His response:  "Cookie?  More like Cookie Jar!"

TCD

Was he trying to be funny?  Knowing him, I'm not sure how to take that remark!

Better to be a Pappi Jar than a Jar Jar. 

I had to Google this one ...

Great pics as always Gwen!  Disney really should pay you for most of these... they look like they could be in a brochure :)   Maybe you could frame them and sell them at arts-n-crafts shows :)

Thank you, Nacole!

Loved the castle pix.

Love Great Danes.

Wow.  15 is really old for a Dane.  Their average life span is 7 - 10 years.  One of ours died at 8 of cancer and the other one was 10.

Big baby uh?  Growing up, my family had a lab-retriever mix that was such a chicken-butt.  I use to hate taking him for a run, because if a neighbor had moved their garbage can 5 inches in the other direction, he would bolt the other way (pulling me in tow of course).  He was such a sweet dog though, that I still ended up taking him for a run most nights :)

LOL!  

Saturday, October 25 -- The Day My Aunt Passed Away -- Part 2

David wanted a snack, so after riding 7DMT we headed to Gaston's Tavern.

_DSC4656_zpsf05a8a89.jpg

_DSC4657_zps23c58203.jpg

_DSC4660_zpsf433ca6c.jpg

_DSC4662_zps528a81b6.jpg

_DSC4664_zpse37ce1d3.jpg

David got a cinnamon bun:

_DSC4669_zps4018e2b6.jpg

Do you remember how I couldn't understand why people complained about them?  The last time we tasted one was two years ago, and then the buns looked like this:

DSCN0549.jpg

Back then the MSB was still open, and I suspect they were shipping their cinnamon buns over to Gaston's.

I now understand why everyone complains about Gaston's cinnamon buns!  That one wasn't very good!  It was like a cheap imitation.

Meanwhile, I had the fruit bowl.  It was okay.

_DSC4670_zps6bbd7eb2.jpg

_DSC4673_zps52e02572.jpg

I rarely see anything mechanically wrong in MK.  This was a surprise:

_DSC4674_zps2b37ac2a.jpg

This guy has to have the best character job ever!  Imagine getting to be so arrogant every day!

_DSC4676_zps4e07e35f.jpg

_DSC4679_zps55757037.jpg

_DSC4680_zps29e38104.jpg

Next up was:

_DSC4682_zpsa77d6bc1.jpg

_DSC4687_zpsd9283dc0.jpg

_DSC4691_zps097fa156.jpg

I always go in the dump shop just to see these:

_DSC4700_zps16092559.jpg

_DSC4702_zps2e583f8e.jpg

_DSC4705_zpsf1779fcf.jpg

_DSC4706_zpscaaafef9.jpg

_DSC4707_zps8967b5f1.jpg

_DSC4709_zps91cb90d7.jpg

I was intrigued by this tree root.  It looks like some kind of animal.

_DSC4710_zps0be73660.jpg

Okay, let's move on.

_DSC4711_zps236aa53d.jpg

Stopping here so I don't have a weird break in my pictures.

Saturday, October 25 -- The Day My Aunt Passed Away -- Part 3

Next we enjoyed Buzz.

_DSC4718_zpseeb5da93.jpg

_DSC4721_zpse57f997f.jpg

_DSC4725_zps7528afb7.jpg

_DSC4727_zps75fd922b.jpg

_DSC4730_zps1cc69705.jpg

_DSC4731_zpsdd7dff1c.jpg

_DSC4733_zps0eb7a39e.jpg

_DSC4734_zpsd5611c3a.jpg

David beat me, as usual.  One year I lucked out and scored 999,999 but I've since forgotten the trick.

_DSC4737_zps26f8d18b.jpg

We stopped and had lunch with:

_DSC4741_zpsbe83b921.jpg

Oh my gosh, it was so expensive!  $26 for two burgers, one soft drink, and one free water.

David then returned to Dolly to take Kassie for a walk.  At the last minute I saw a great viewing spot for the parade (and in the shade) and decided to wait nearly an hour for the parade to start.

I was really wishing I had my zoom lens with me ...

We were entertained for a brief few minutes:

_DSC4744_zpsdab00bf2.jpg

_DSC4745_zps684c0d23.jpg

The band was really good.  It even included accordions and electric guitars!

No one around me appeared to speak English.  It was a long, boring wait.  But finally the Dapper Dans arrived!

_DSC4746_zps8aa88373.jpg

This young man had an unbelievably low bass voice:

_DSC4747_zpsd0d4ba79.jpg

_DSC4748_zps917d98bb.jpg

The Dapper Dans left, and I was bored again.  Still no English around me.  Me + bored + camera = I just can't stop taking photos of anything and everything ...

_DSC4750_zps3f5194f5.jpg

_DSC4751_zpsf8e5e92c.jpg

_DSC4752_zps951c8cd1.jpg

Look how many pins the couple across the street is wearing.  I'd have a sore neck.

_DSC4753_zps6c053cd9.jpg

_DSC4754_zps59408104.jpg

_DSC4755_zps5fe12508.jpg

Finally the Grand Marshal arrived.  Did that mean the parade was coming soon?

_DSC4756_zps654ab286.jpg

_DSC4757_zps8499fbd1.jpg

And then I was bored again.

_DSC4758_zps5b548795.jpg

The crowd on the other side of the street:

_DSC4759_zpsa2eb6ac8.jpg

Contrary to what Frank Sinatra and so many others crooned, it's not always better to be on the sunny side of the street!

Up next:  TONS of parade pictures.

Sorry that you had to experience that dry pork flavored thing they try to pass off as a cinnamon roll.

I can hardly wait to see your parade photos.  I'm sure they will be the best I've ever seen.

In addition to having a good eye for detail, you also have very good people watching skills.  I love this photo:

_DSC4753_zps6c053cd9.jpg

Seriously?

Who needs to walk around with a vest of pins?

And is that an octopus tattoo on the lady's calf?  Tattoos amaze me.  Your skin is the canvas, and you can decorate it however you choose.  And this lady let somebody inject a bunch of ink into her leg so she can walk around with an octopus on her calf?

OK.

TCD

Sorry that you had to experience that dry pork flavored thing they try to pass off as a cinnamon roll.

I can hardly wait to see your parade photos.  I'm sure they will be the best I've ever seen.

In addition to having a good eye for detail, you also have very good people watching skills.  I love this photo:

_DSC4753_zps6c053cd9.jpg

Seriously?

And is that an octopus tattoo on the lady's calf?  Tattoos amaze me.  Your skin is the canvas, and you can decorate it however you choose.  And this lady let somebody inject a bunch of ink into her leg so she can walk around with an octopus on her calf?

OK.

TCD

They're obviously Disney freaks.....I mean, they even spent extra for the MB thingys.  So I'm thinking maybe that's an Ursula tattoo?  In looking closer, I guess it doesn't really look like Ursula....but why else would she get an octopus tattoo??  

People are interesting.

They're obviously Disney freaks.....I mean, they even spent extra for the MB thingys.  So I'm thinking maybe that's an Ursula tattoo?  In looking closer, I guess it doesn't really look like Ursula....but why else would she get an octopus tattoo??  

People are interesting.

The MB thingys you see are the sliders they give to passholders.  Those are "free."

The husband has assorted seafood tattooed on his right shin.  So maybe they are just seafood lovers?

People are, indeed, interesting.

TCD

The tattoos were the first thing that I noticed as well.  My first impression were that they were the "deep sea fishing type".  The tattoos, the Ohana flip flops, the sunglasses.....People are interesting.  Fascinating. 

I love your pictures Gwen but you have heard me say that before :)  I agree with Seals, some of them I want to frame up. That balloon picture reminds me that I will have the challenge of keeping them away from Olivia when we get there in a few weeks.  She will not care about ANYTHING else if she has a balloon.  :)

You got some really interesting perspectives in those pictures.

Cool tree root but I have to ask, how did you ever notice it?

We had stopped there to decide our next move and I just happened to see it.

That cinnamon roll is a travesty.  Somewhere at WDW there is a pastry chef who needs a speaking to.  

I agree!

Seriously?

OK.

TCD

I got some pretty good shots of the parade, but I doubt they will be the best you've ever seen.

Glad you liked the people photo.  Those two were certainly interesting.

People are interesting.

TCD explained that the MB thingys are freebies.  As for the octopus tattoo, it was weird.  But at least it was colorful!

The MB thingys you see are the sliders they give to passholders.  Those are "free."

The husband has assorted seafood tattooed on his right shin.  So maybe they are just seafood lovers?

People are, indeed, interesting.

TCD

They sure are!

The tattoos were the first thing that I noticed as well.  My first impression were that they were the "deep sea fishing type".  The tattoos, the Ohana flip flops, the sunglasses.....People are interesting.  Fascinating. 

I love your pictures Gwen but you have heard me say that before :)  I agree with Seals, some of them I want to frame up. That balloon picture reminds me that I will have the challenge of keeping them away from Olivia when we get there in a few weeks.  She will not care about ANYTHING else if she has a balloon.   :)

I had to google Ohana flip flops ...

Missy, how old is Olivia?

Your pictures and commentary are fabulous!  The entire trip report is so interesting!  I feel as if I'm right there with you wondering what we're going to be doing, riding, eating the next day.  

You are such an astute photographer - always aware of what is around you and shooting it in a way that makes that element come alive.  That takes real talent, and you've got it!

Where are we going tomorrow? :rolleyes:

_DSC4711_zps236aa53d.jpg

Do the planets look different to you?  I noticed this last month when we were on the ride and I remembered that they had done some work in that area over the summer.... any idea if they made changes to them, or maybe I actually just paid attention to them this time around? :)

The picture with the CM holding all the balloons...I'm always amazed that those don't get all tangled up.  Heck, I picked up 7 balloons for our little man's birthday last week and had a heck of a time getting them in/out of the car without loosing one and/or allowing them to get tangled into a big knot!

Nice!  But your use of quotes makes me a bit dubious.  I see it would take $675.21 for me to get my very own slider thingy.   

That's one expensive slider thingy, isn't it?

Your pictures and commentary are fabulous!  The entire trip report is so interesting!  I feel as if I'm right there with you wondering what we're going to be doing, riding, eating the next day.  

You are such an astute photographer - always aware of what is around you and shooting it in a way that makes that element come alive.  That takes real talent, and you've got it!

Where are we going tomorrow? :rolleyes:

Sweet Jean Ann, as always you give me too much credit!  Tomorrow I'll start posting FoF pictures.

She is a little over a year old.  Growing too fast :(

Such a great age!

Do the planets look different to you?  I noticed this last month when we were on the ride and I remembered that they had done some work in that area over the summer.... any idea if they made changes to them, or maybe I actually just paid attention to them this time around? :)

The picture with the CM holding all the balloons...I'm always amazed that those don't get all tangled up.  Heck, I picked up 7 balloons for our little man's birthday last week and had a heck of a time getting them in/out of the car without loosing one and/or allowing them to get tangled into a big knot!

The planets look brighter/more colorful to me.  I looked back through two years of pictures and can't find the same the same shot to compare it to.  Maybe TCD can give us some insight.

What amazes me is how easily the CM gets a particular balloon out of the bunch!

The planets look brighter/more colorful to me.  I looked back through two years of pictures and can't find the same the same shot to compare it to.  Maybe TCD can give us some insight.

What amazes me is how easily the CM gets a particular balloon out of the bunch!

The Astro Orbiter and the People Mover were down for several months recently for refurbishment.  The planets look brighter to me in your photos.  They must have repainted them.

I'm also amazed by the balloon venders' ability to retrieve a certain balloon.  Similarly, I am amazed that guests care which balloon they get from the collection. 

TCD

The Astro Orbiter and the People Mover were down for several months recently for refurbishment.  The planets look brighter to me in your photos.  They must have repainted them.

I'm also amazed by the balloon venders' ability to retrieve a certain balloon.  Similarly, I am amazed that guests care which balloon they get from the collection. 

TCD

Thanks for the info!

Really, you're amazed guests care which balloon they get?  That's like saying send her carnations or roses or anthuriums ... or chocolates or vegetables ... it doesn't matter.   I don't like mylar balloons and wouldn't pay Disney's price for one.  I only want a red Mickey head within the clear balloon.   And no, I didn't get my balloon this trip.  I should have bought it myself.

Sorry, not trying to give you a hard time!

Thanks for the info!

Really, you're amazed guests care which balloon they get?  That's like saying send her carnations or roses or anthuriums ... or chocolates or vegetables ... it doesn't matter.   I don't like mylar balloons and wouldn't pay Disney's price for one.  I only want a red Mickey head within the clear balloon.   And no, I didn't get my balloon this trip.  I should have bought it myself.

Sorry, not trying to give you a hard time!

That's not what I meant.  Of course you should get the Mickey Ear balloon if that's what you want. I mean I've seen guests point to a specific Mylar balloon and insist on receiving that one.

Sorry that you still didn't get your balloon. One of these times, David will come through.

TCD

Sorry that you still didn't get your balloon. One of these times, David will come through.

Don't hold your breath!  I learned that a long time ago.

I really should have bought my own balloon this trip because it would have made my ECV much easier to find.