• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, all, to my latest trip report.  It will start slowly and take some time to complete, but eventually we will get to the end.   First of all, thank you for reading along and especially for commen

Wednesday, October 15 -- The Day the Rain Stopped -- Part 1   It was still raining this morning, so I changed our FP+s to the afternoon.  Went to the Trading Post and purchased our refillable mugs.  I

Wednesday, October 15 -- The Day the Rain Stopped -- Part 2   Our next FP was for BTMRR.             Is that ride getting rougher, or are we just getting older and more sensitive?   As we left th

Hmm... we may need to try those onion rings on our next visit :)

Please do!  I don't think you will be disappointed.

I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday.

I don't get what the fatal error was in your previous update.  Aside from a few blurry photos, the photos you took a the MK are outstanding!

Yes, it was me who recommended the Flame Tree Onion Rings.  They're the best!  I'm glad you chose them to blow the low carb diet. Totally worth it.

That construction you saw at the AK is related to the new nighttime show they are going to have there.  I believe that doesn't start until Avatarland opens.  I think that's supposed to be done in 2025  or thereabouts.  No sense rushing things, you know.

TCD

My fatal error was the blurred photos.  There were a lot of them, and I discovered later that it was my fault.  I was doing something dumb.

Great recommendation on the onion rings!

Thanks for the construction info.  David kept trying to tell me they were building a tiger show, but that didn't make sense.

I'm all over those onion rings.  Eating fried food doesn't sit well with me....but those look worth it.  I'll just have to ride EE first. 

They are worth it!

My mouth just watered. 

Mine does too every time I look at that picture.

Thank you, Carol!  I have a new appreciation for AK.  Using an ECV makes all the difference in the world.  Without having to do all the walking, AK is probably my second favorite park now.  But it's still David's least favorite.

I just changed my thread title to "I Can't Help Myself!"

I can't stop taking photos in WDW.  It's an addiction.

Every evening I download all my pictures for the day onto my laptop.  Then I carefully go through them in Picture Viewer and discard duplicates,.  And if there's ANYTHING I don't like about the picture, it goes in the recycle bin.  Bad angle?  It goes.  Bad lighting and can't be saved?  It goes.  Doesn't say what I want it to?  It goes.  

I am pretty ruthless.  I used to live next door to a professional photographer, and he taught me well to cull my pictures before anyone sees them.  

The result?  Between 25% and 33% don't make the first cut.  And then I cut some more.

Last year 3,000 pictures made the first cut.  But on a two-week trip we had four grandchildren with us for several days.

This year nearly 3,000 pictures made the first cut.  On a three-week trip with just the two of us.

Yes, I am addicted.  Yes, I need an intervention program!

The bigger question is how long would I have to live at the Fort before I could quench the compulsion to take photos?

If anyone would like to fund the experiment, please let me know!

Sunday, October 19 -- The Day of Gain and Loss -- Part 2

_DSC3773_zps7f1d8093.jpg

_DSC3782_zpsbdc99934.jpg

_DSC3785_zps5cc68dfc.jpg

And then I again had to stop using my camera.

A few close-ups of the Tree of Life:

_DSC3792_zpsaa11b832.jpg

_DSC3794_zps4dd29f56.jpg

We traveled over to Africa.

_DSC3796_zpsb1473d3c.jpg

_DSC3798_zpsb90d385b.jpg

_DSC3801_zps4ee2fd64.jpg

_DSC3802_zps715c4e67.jpg

_DSC3805_zps0e6d5187.jpg

_DSC3806_zps713fa442.jpg

_DSC3807_zps025dc4ee.jpg

_DSC3810_zpsa6135dbf.jpg

_DSC3811_zps670f266e.jpg

_DSC3813_zps9e410adc.jpg

_DSC3814_zps229f539f.jpg

_DSC3829_zps4694cbc8.jpg

Look to the left in this next picture.  There is another gorilla sitting in the big tub.

_DSC3817_zps2d86b04e.jpg

_DSC3818_zps3391e223.jpg

_DSC3822_zpse952a1a1.jpg

_DSC3823_zpsb825257a.jpg

_DSC3825_zps1064e14e.jpg

_DSC3827_zps9b912475.jpg

David was tired, so we headed for the exit.

_DSC3831_zpsab466f86.jpg

_DSC3834_zps52be10a4.jpg

After we got back to the Fort, Nacole and Tom came by for a visit.  It was great meeting them.

We took Kassie looping.

_DSC3838_zpsdb2bd878.jpg

Then I visited with Dave, Linda, Christina, and Bill while Kassie and David looped some more.

Went to TE to refill our mugs.

_DSC3842_zps9e956806.jpg

And I have no idea what we did the rest of the day because I didn't write anything else down.

It was great meeting you as well! :)

Thank you!  Hope to see you next year.

Your pictures of the sleepy gorilla are great! I think I've only walked that trail once, we always seem to do the other one with the tigers.

Thank you too.  We usually do both trails.  I'll have pics of the tiger trail later on.  I usually have better luck seeing the gorillas.

I've never spent enough time examining the Tree of Life and all of its details.

The Tree of Life is amazing.  But unfortunately we can't get close enough to it to really appreciate the details without binoculars or a long zoom lens.  That's why I like taking close-ups.

Great day at AK.

Onion rings Looked awesome. Have to try some next time.

Keep the pix coming

Onion rings were as awesome as they look.  

Many more pics to go.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record,  your photography is outstanding!  I love all of the shots you took showing the details around Animal Kingdom.  They really did a good job with the theming in that park.  And you really did a good job capturing the small details.

TCD

Thank you, TCD!  Your encouragement means a lot in keeping me going on these TRs.

I agree -- the theming is great.  It's really hard to take it all in when I'm moving through the park.  

Ok late to the party but enjoying it. Le Cellier  Is our favorite but expensive restaurant, with Ca. Grill a close second but at Ca. Grill I would go for dinner to see the fireworks. Flame Tree, to us the best counter service in the parks. As TCD has said WONDERFUL pictures thanks for sharing.

Okay, let's get posting again!

Monday, October 20 -- The Day I Got Sunburned -- Part 1

I went looping while I was waiting for David to get ready.

_DSC3843_zps63621d42.jpg

_DSC3844_zps80a52752.jpg

Then we went to TE for breakfast.  Josephine was perturbed by a new computer system Disney had installed the previous night. 

_DSC3848_zpsa83ba925.jpg

Every breakfast I have there looks the same, so I'm not repeating pics.

_DSC3849_zps837be2ed.jpg

_DSC3854_zps5560af70.jpg

We rode down to Clementine's Beach.

_DSC3856_zpscf309b7a.jpg

I should have brought the zoom lens with me:

_DSC3859_zps8d0392f1.jpg

_DSC3860_zps8936a78e.jpg

_DSC3867_zpsd5aeefb8.jpg

We went to EPCOT late morning. 

_DSC3871_zps23a0b3d8.jpg

First stop ... Spaceship Earth.  Tried my f/1.4 lens again.  Photos weren't too shabby, but they could have been better.

_DSC3873_zpsf94b156d.jpg

_DSC3876_zpsb92489f4.jpg

_DSC3881_zps562f6e34.jpg

_DSC3883_zps70df6290.jpg

_DSC3884_zpsb9482f63.jpg

_DSC3889_zps4dc62738.jpg

_DSC3894_zpsb9af2af4.jpg

_DSC3900_zps3fb44efb.jpg

Our next stop was:

_DSC3948_zps61f5e05e.jpg

_DSC3919_zpse2a042b0.jpg

_DSC3921_zpsd6a105fa.jpg

_DSC3922_zps64b0dcbc.jpg

_DSC3923_zps6c4f0362.jpg

_DSC3932_zpsbd297dcb.jpg

_DSC3934_zps4f8f5e29.jpg

Cotton doesn't grow on trees in the Carolinas!

_DSC3939_zps649f15c7.jpg

_DSC3940_zpsb30234ec.jpg

_DSC3941_zps114a0277.jpg

Your pictures make me happy... I have a feeling I'll be visiting this (and TCD's) thread often :)    I mean, if I can't be at the Fort, I might as well stare at the pictures....right?? :)

Keep 'em coming!

Thank you!  My pictures make me happy too because of all the great memories they bring back.

Enjoying your updates once again....

I'm actually finally getting my pics from the chips to the computer :)

Next step hopefully get them to Photobucket this evening :)

Looking forward to your TR!

Great pix of SSE and the Land

Thanks, Ray!

Love the Animal Kingdom pics! I think it's tied with the MK for the best themed park.

Kelly, I agree with you.  Thanks for reading alongt!

Gwen, you ARE an awesome photographer!  Your pics bring a neat perspective to the details at WDW... Can't wait to see more!

Thank you, Duane!  A lot more will follow.  Hundreds and hundreds.