• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, all, to my latest trip report.  It will start slowly and take some time to complete, but eventually we will get to the end.   First of all, thank you for reading along and especially for commen

Wednesday, October 15 -- The Day the Rain Stopped -- Part 1   It was still raining this morning, so I changed our FP+s to the afternoon.  Went to the Trading Post and purchased our refillable mugs.  I

Wednesday, October 15 -- The Day the Rain Stopped -- Part 2   Our next FP was for BTMRR.             Is that ride getting rougher, or are we just getting older and more sensitive?   As we left th

Very nice update!!!

Thank you, Carol!

Oh, I thought you said December. Hopefully we will be there in the first part of November. We need to make our reservations now.

I think I did tell you December at the GG.  That's what we were planning.  But our son recently told us he wants to come down next year again.  So we're back to arriving the first week of November.

Wow loving this trip report! Glad you loved le cellier it's one of our favourites

WBI

Thanks, WBI!  Le Cellier is now my favorite Disney restaurant.  But we won't go every trip because of the expense.

Saturday, October 18 -- My Fatal Error Day -- Part 1

Breakfast at Trail's End:

_DSC3589_zps50610778.jpg

_DSC3590_zps34a50cda.jpg

_DSC3591_zps361b565d.jpg

And my one bite of luxury -- French toast with pecan praline syrup:

_DSC3593_zps96d437eb.jpg

Then we were off to MK.  I was excited to try my prime lens on some of the really dark rides.

_DSC3594_zpsd256e70a.jpg

BUT I MADE A FATAL ERROR.  I'll share some of the bad photos so you can compare them with the better ones later.

First up was POTC.

_DSC3596_zps76ee3932.jpg

_DSC3597_zpse6d78d9d.jpg

_DSC3606_zps868803ec.jpg

_DSC3610_zps92af8769.jpg

_DSC3620_zps31f1c7f5.jpg

Next up was Haunted Mansion.  This picture is decent:

_DSC3635_zps3645ce0c.jpg

But it went downhill from there.

_DSC3643_zpse7a6b03e.jpg

And no ghosts in the dining room.  I've tried for years to capture them.

_DSC3647_zps3ecee722.jpg

_DSC3651_zpsf3918bde.jpg

We had an hour until we could use our next FP, so we wandered around for awhile.

_DSC3658_zpsaa7ec364.jpg

_DSC3660_zps5628c915.jpg

_DSC3661_zpse31b5a00.jpg

_DSC3663_zpsc10f5d1f.jpg

_DSC3664_zps92459e65.jpg

_DSC3665_zps7359b484.jpg

Then it was time to use our FP on David's favorite MK ride.

_DSC3669_zpsa528f8fe.jpg

_DSC3670_zpsd7b0f5f5.jpg

_DSC3671_zpsf54cc62d.jpg

Failed again.

Saturday, October 18 -- My Fatal Error Day -- Part 2

We wandered around awhile longer.

_DSC3675_zpsf4c6c2d8.jpg

_DSC3676_zpse70cc99b.jpg

_DSC3679_zpse86d909a.jpg

_DSC3682_zps0c0df4ba.jpg

_DSC3684_zps0e141cba.jpg

_DSC3685_zpsd061268e.jpg

_DSC3688_zps295b1b81.jpg

_DSC3690_zps778c7cc6.jpg

_DSC3694_zpsb3e6db09.jpg

The skywriter was busy today:

_DSC3695Panorama_zps5ee1c0a7.jpg

MK was sooooo crowded that day.  Lines were too long to ride anything without a FP.  So we stopped for a snack.

I had no-sugar-added raspberry sorbet:

_DSC3699_zps4c3301fe.jpg

And David had a hot dog from Casey's.

_DSC3700_zpsc99a9dc1.jpg

We made our way back to the Fort.

_DSC3703_zpsa3b57712.jpg

_DSC3704_zpsf8774e67.jpg

_DSC3705_zps90c070dc.jpg

Yes, you will see us again soon!

Took Kassie looping.

_DSC3710_zpsd6f9889b.jpg

Lots of activity at the group camping area:

_DSC3711_zpsaf20e09b.jpg

_DSC3712_zps1819847d.jpg

Turkeys were out and about.

_DSC3713_zpsb5535e88.jpg

We stopped by and met:

_DSC3714_zps3a915972.jpg

Went back to our site to do some laundry .  Very thankful that our washer/dryer in Dolly is still working.  Had snacks for dinner and turned in early.

We've never tried Le Cellier. We need to change that. I almost made that our anniversary dinner but then switched to CG. 

Loving the pictures... favorites this time were Epcot fountain and the Mickey Halloween decoration in the MK. The ones from 7DMT are cool too.

_DSC3287_zps90da70b8.jpg

Hi :)

Question on your MH and the golf cart.  Can you "carry" (what do you call it...it's not "towing"..?) a GC like that on all MHs?  Any idea how much the cart and rack weigh?  Oh... and does doing this make a difference in your gas mileage (what type of mileage do you get)?

We've never tried Le Cellier. We need to change that. I almost made that our anniversary dinner but then switched to CG. 

Loving the pictures... favorites this time were Epcot fountain and the Mickey Halloween decoration in the MK. The ones from 7DMT are cool too.

Thanks, Kelly.  

That's funny.  You switched from LC to CG.  I switched from CG to LC.

Dang, I just remembered I forgot to get popcorn in the parks. Disney popcorn is the best.

Love the bread basket picture.

2 years ago I thought I knew how to get from the cabins to the meadows and I ended up all sorts of turned around.

I hope you aren't as directionally challenged as me!  I can get to Myrtle Beach without a map, and I can get to WDW without a map.  But don't ask me to drive across town!

Yay!  We're planning to be there then as well :)

Great!  Look forward to seeing you again!

Question on your MH and the golf cart.  Can you "carry" (what do you call it...it's not "towing"..?) a GC like that on all MHs?  Any idea how much the cart and rack weigh?  Oh... and does doing this make a difference in your gas mileage (what type of mileage do you get)?

I don't know about all MHs.  I don't think I'd try it on a Class B or small Class C.  

Our cart weighs about 1,100 pounds, and the platform weighs around 350.  Dolly has a GVWR of 40,000 pounds, and she's a diesel pusher with a lot of weight already in the back, so we don't notice the cart being back there.  And we had the platform welded directly to the frame.  It doesn't affect our gas mileage.  To FL and back we average 9.5 - 10 mph.

We've tried Le Cellier twice - and were totally unimpressed both times. Bad service; average to poor food; ... meh.

Once was OldeKoot's actual birthday. I let them know when I made the reservation; I let them know when I checked in; I made sure the waitress knew ... NOTHING - not even a happy birthday to her.

Le Cellier will never get another penny from me.

I love your pictures Gwen!

Le Cellier will forever remind me of the flu.  We waited an hour beyond our reservation time which turned out to be a blessing. As we stood there waiting (starving and grumpy), a phantom Mack truck hit me, wrecked my body, and sent my temp way above the 100 mark.  It was our last day at Disney and the day that I came down with the flu. Needless to say, we skipped out on Le Cellier.   

Great update and pictures, again.

Way to go on the Fiend meet n greet. No pix?

Again one of your pictures, the one of tom Sawyer's raft, I never noticed the the Enchanted Tiki room, Chinese tower looking thing, from Frontierland

Thanks!

No pix.  I think he thought I was crazy just taking a pic of his sign, much less him.

I also took a picture in Frontierland where you can see Tomorrowland.  It will come up later.

We've tried Le Cellier twice - and were totally unimpressed both times. Bad service; average to poor food; ... meh.

Once was OldeKoot's actual birthday. I let them know when I made the reservation; I let them know when I checked in; I made sure the waitress knew ... NOTHING - not even a happy birthday to her.

Le Cellier will never get another penny from me.

I'm sorry you haven't been happy with it.  And I'm happy we didnt have the same experience as you!  We loved it.

I love your pictures Gwen!

Le Cellier will forever remind me of the flu.  We waited an hour beyond our reservation time which turned out to be a blessing. As we stood there waiting (starving and grumpy), a phantom Mack truck hit me, wrecked my body, and sent my temp way above the 100 mark.  It was our last day at Disney and the day that I came down with the flu. Needless to say, we skipped out on Le Cellier.   

I'm sorry you got sick!  And on your last day!  Traveling home must have been miserable.

I am LOVING all of the pictures! Kassie looks like the sweetest puppy! Can't wait to see more.

Thank you!

Kassie can be very sweet.  But she can also be very headstrong and conniving.  Schnauzers are great dogs, but you have to be firm with them sometimes.

You are so right, Yvonne!  Last year during the first week the kids and grandkids kept us going from early morning to late night.  We were worn out by the time they left.

This year it was just the two of us, and were both tired before we ever got there.  Having an extra week meant we didn't have to push so hard to do everything we wanted.  And we could do nothing at all if we wanted to.

I'm definitely gonna book 3 weeks again for next year.  And David is finally talking about the possibility of being snowbirds!

Dang, I just remembered I forgot to get popcorn in the parks. Disney popcorn is the best.

Love the bread basket picture.

2 years ago I thought I knew how to get from the cabins to the meadows and I ended up all sorts of turned around.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure Disney popcorn has crack in it, but I'm OK with that. 

Our Super C cannot have one of those carriers. I was bummed to find that out. :( Grumpy can explain why better than me. 

Sunday, October 19 -- The Day of Gain and Loss -- Part 1

I got up really early and enjoyed a cup of coffee under the awning.  Wish I could still enjoy that!

Wow, those rope lights are really bright.

_DSC3715_zps9c8f3f7e.jpg

_DSC3718_zpscda81515.jpg

I watched as the sun started rising ...

_DSC3721_zpse5eae7df.jpg

... and then cooked sausage and eggs for breakfast. 

David finally was able to remove the water filter this morning.  So we gained a lot of water pressure.  Oh, happy day!

Then suddenly my cell phone quit tethering to my laptop.  A big loss.  I was on the phone with AT&T for over an hour.  They finally told me something was wrong with my laptop because it couldn't connect to wi-fi. 

Well, duh, it connects to Disney's service at TE!  I suspect the problem was that I was only getting two bars of service at the campsite.  Earlier in the week I had four when I could tether.

So anyway we went to AK later in the morning.

_DSC3725_zpsb582fd92.jpg

We rode Dinosaur.

_DSC3729_zps74789a6d.jpg

_DSC3730_zpsb12056e2.jpg

_DSC3732_zps3a097448.jpg

_DSC3733_zpsc14e5adb.jpg

_DSC3740_zps79d52710.jpg

We walked around awhile.  Well, David walked and I rode.

_DSC3741_zps681e0cd4.jpg

_DSC3743_zpsfd8689f0.jpg

_DSC3745_zps9c6543d5.jpg

By that time we were getting hungry, so we went to another first:

_DSC3746_zps3997c3e4.jpg

_DSC3747_zpsf6e70198.jpg

While David was in line waiting for our food, I watched the macaws perform.

_DSC3748_zps4a67b112.jpg

_DSC3750_zps0c3d8143.jpg

When they flew home they went in a direction I wasn't expecting, and this was the best pic I could hurriedly snap:

_DSC3752_zpsa03543f4.jpg

One flew into the tree directly above my head:

_DSC3755_zps4aab3206.jpg

And a few stragglers stayed behind.

_DSC3757_zpsd61fbd72.jpg

We found a seat.

_DSC3759_zps5a12d6f8.jpg

David had a pulled pork sandwich.

_DSC3760_zps9d870232.jpg

And I totally blew my low carb diet and got:

_DSC3761_zps32b0ce79.jpg

I should count them as a gain because I'm sure I gained a pound or two from them.

Someone, I think TCD, has said they have great onion rings.  These were the best I've ever eaten.  Not sure if they really were that good or that it was because it's been so long since I've had any.  I begrudgingly gave David a few in exchange for a taste of his pork.

The seating area was interesting.

_DSC3762_zps09d9c0fb.jpg

_DSC3764_zpsdc47dd8c.jpg

_DSC3765_zpsa18e9457.jpg

_DSC3766_zpsec33c111.jpg

_DSC3768_zps3befed6e.jpg

We walked toward ITTBAB.  Anyone know what this construction is?

_DSC3769_zps162c1e6b.jpg

_DSC3772_zps68b6f409.jpg

This is a good place to break.  More to come.

I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday.

I don't get what the fatal error was in your previous update.  Aside from a few blurry photos, the photos you took a the MK are outstanding!

Yes, it was me who recommended the Flame Tree Onion Rings.  They're the best!  I'm glad you chose them to blow the low carb diet. Totally worth it.

That construction you saw at the AK is related to the new nighttime show they are going to have there.  I believe that doesn't start until Avatarland opens.  I think that's supposed to be done in 2025  or thereabouts.  No sense rushing things, you know.

TCD