• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, all, to my latest trip report.  It will start slowly and take some time to complete, but eventually we will get to the end.   First of all, thank you for reading along and especially for commen

Wednesday, October 15 -- The Day the Rain Stopped -- Part 1   It was still raining this morning, so I changed our FP+s to the afternoon.  Went to the Trading Post and purchased our refillable mugs.  I

Wednesday, October 15 -- The Day the Rain Stopped -- Part 2   Our next FP was for BTMRR.             Is that ride getting rougher, or are we just getting older and more sensitive?   As we left th

I think it's the CM break/staging area, we've seen numerous CM's come out of there, primarily new drivers.

Now that you mention it- I see a CM in a safari outfit behind the tree there in the photo.

When I get a chance, I'll have Twin #2 ask her roommate what the building is.  She's a Kilimanjaro Safari guide.

I'm so glad they didn't change FOTLK when they moved into the new theatre.

I'm glad too.

I just saw my first show in the new theater last Saturday night.  We went to the last show- 6 pm.  It was strange. The actor who played the older, larger male role, was a very young, skinny man.  He had a great voice, but he was too young for the role.  Then, for some reason, the Tumble Monkeys did not tumble.  They were there on the float, but the gymnastic apparatus wasn't.  They just did that hand jive thing the whole time.  Very, very strange.  Somebody must have goofed.

Wednesday, October 22 -- The Day I Figured It Out -- Part 4

Goofy was upset with David because he wouldn't get off his cell phone:

_DSC4318_zpse3b7e374.jpg

Sorry, but I have to ask. . .

Who was on the phone that was so important David couldn't put it down?  Not even for Goofy?

TCD

I think you inhaled too many fumes from you Russian vs black tank episode. I never thought you'd have a positive word about her.

:rofl:  

I'm being careful in case she reads this site.  I might run into her in a month.  No need to anger her!  

:rolleyes:

Tusker house looked real nice.

One day we will have to try it.

Lunch is really good.  I haven't tried breakfast or dinner there.

Me three.  That is one of our favorite experiences at Disney.  Fantastic pictures Gwen! 

Thank you, Missy!

Now that you mention it- I see a CM in a safari outfit behind the tree there in the photo.

I'll have to go back and check my photo.  Didn't notice that.

When I get a chance, I'll have Twin #2 ask her roommate what the building is.  She's a Kilimanjaro Safari guide.

Please let us know what she says!

I just saw my first show in the new theater last Saturday night.  We went to the last show- 6 pm.  It was strange. The actor who played the older, larger male role, was a very young, skinny man.  He had a great voice, but he was too young for the role.  Then, for some reason, the Tumble Monkeys did not tumble.  They were there on the float, but the gymnastic apparatus wasn't.  They just did that hand jive thing the whole time.  Very, very strange.  Somebody must have goofed.

That sounds weird.  The Tumble Monkeys are my favorite part of the show.

Sorry, but I have to ask. . .

Who was on the phone that was so important David couldn't put it down?  Not even for Goofy?

Our older son had apparently and unknowingly hit the redial button on his phone.  David could hear him talking to someone else about someone getting fired.  David was worried.

TCD

Finally caught up and ready for more! :D

Thanks for reading along, Marty!

Wow I finally caught up! Great TR and love it! Thanks for sharing

Thank you, Cindy!

How do you know I'm not already being treated?

Just a hunch ...

I really enjoy it. Different enough without being so weird that Brian won't eat there.

Same with me and David.

Thursday, October 23 -- The Day We Wasted

David refused to go to a park today.

So we went to the Disney outlet store.  No great bargains there.  About one out of every three visits we get great deals.

I had to go into the Coach outlet.  It was calling my name!  They handed me a 50% off all items plus an additional 30% off clearance items.  A great coupon!  But sadly I walked out empty handed. 

We had lunch at CiCi's and asked the sheriff who was eating there for directions to the nearest WalMart.

Well, David and I each heard completely different directions.  And we got totally lost.  We drove around for over an hour before stumbling upon the store.

We did our shopping and drove back to the fort.  That little jaunt took us over six hours!

We visited briefly with Carol and Rick -- I think they had just arrived that day.  Later Red and her DH (Sue and John) came by to visit.  We thoroughly enjoyed meeting them.

And we discovered that Kassie loves green peas.

The only pictures I took that day were of our neighbors' decals.  Ask Jen what she thought of them!

_DSC4367_zps7541995a.jpg

_DSC4368_zps330dcc91.jpg

_DSC4369_zps3a23c798.jpg

More on the neighbors later.

Friday, October 24 -- An EPCOT Day -- Part 1

While I was waiting for David to get ready, I took a few pics of the old railroad bed right behind us.

_DSC4374_zps06bc7db5.jpg

_DSC4375_zpsd1a458b9.jpg

We again had breakfast at TE.  The only variation in my meal was that I ate the ears off a Mickey waffle.

_DSC4377_zpsde7c35fe.jpg

We've been to TE countless times.  But I've never noticed before that the handrails look like tree roots:

_DSC4378_zps50f86545.jpg

Our destination today was EPCOT.

_DSC4380_zpsd5c18841.jpg

_DSC4381_zps2d172d1e.jpg

_DSC4382_zpsa73602b2.jpg

_DSC4385_zps44166147.jpg

Our first stop was Mexico.

_DSC4388_zps314a4da0.jpg

_DSC4387_zps9aa8c84c.jpg

_DSC4391_zpsbed2d8e2.jpg

_DSC4392_zps54090bed.jpg

_DSC4394_zpse073d23e.jpg

_DSC4395_zps01e9725b.jpg

_DSC4396_zps7818cf47.jpg

_DSC4397_zps8be9dc17.jpg

_DSC4398_zps651f657c.jpg

_DSC4404_zpse6d3394a.jpg

_DSC4405_zpsa664d91e.jpg

_DSC4406_zps59baf324.jpg

_DSC4407_zps07b31151.jpg

_DSC4408_zps23b08af8.jpg

We moved on to Norway.  I miss Maelstrom.

_DSC4411copy_zpsb6b268ed.jpg

_DSC4417_zps45f3f69b.jpg

_DSC4419_zps5dd0d396.jpg

_DSC4420_zpse17a9fe5.jpg

_DSC4423_zps4fce0d81.jpg

_DSC4425_zpsa5cd10c9.jpg

_DSC4427_zps4e48e145.jpg

The only pictures I took that day were of our neighbors' decals.  Ask Jen what she thought of them!

_DSC4367_zps7541995a.jpg

More on the neighbors later.

I'm interested to hear the "more" about your neighbors.

I met those folks about 5-6 years ago.  At the time, they had two Great Danes, and we met them at the dog park.  If you look at the door on the motorhome, they have decals on there with their dogs' names.  It looks like there's only one Great Dane now.

Just for giggles, here's a photo of their rig, which was on the 500 loop, from December, 2010 (back when their Lotso was new).  They are at the Fort a lot:

IMG_1789.jpg

TCD

Now I'm going to have to look at the handrails at TE :)

Love the pictures of the old railroad close to your site... I didn't know that was there.

Nacole, next time you're at the 700 loop follow the dog walk path.  It will cross over the old railroad bed.

Love the pix.

Thanks, Ray!

I love the theming at Tusker House. The food is pretty good too.

Still loving the pictures! 

Thank you, Kelly!

TCD, they still have two Danes.

They live in Orlando, and their son is a CM.  He bragged constantly about the great discounts their son gets them on their sites.  The guy really likes to talk about himself and his knowledge.

More later.

TCD, they still have two Danes.

They live in Orlando, and their son is a CM.  He bragged constantly about the great discounts their son gets them on their sites.  The guy really likes to talk about himself and his knowledge.

More later.

I have a good story about the guy.

I didn't realize they lived in Orlando.

He gave our previous dog a nickname that we used for the rest of her life, and still use now in various forms.

I'll wait to tell that story until you share more.

TCD