We are thinking about visiting The Fort the middle of  June.  This will be the first trip since my Dad passed and we are bringing my Mom.  Also, we are bringing my daughter, son in law, and 3 grandkids.  My daughter and grandkids are coming to visit in May and my son in law will fly into Orlando for our visit.  This is also the first time my son in law has been with us since he was deployed.

We are hoping to come for 2 weeks and I was wondering if anyone knows of any campsite discount available?

Thanks in advance

Sorry Debbie about your Dad passing. I meant to write that in my initial comment but I was at work leaving one store headed to another. 

I have so afr not heard a single current rumor about AAA coming back. Everytime an offer does come out the first thing I do is check to see if applies to the campground or if that is excluded. My goal for every customer is to save every dime I can for them. 

I fear that with the Disney/AAA breakup that the discounts are gone.

Yep for this very reason our next trip we will be at SSR.

I was not paying $130.00 per night for a campsite. I love the Fort at $65 a night I like the the Fort at $90 a night and couldn't care less about going to the Fort at $130 per night at least not for a quick 5 day trip.

Yep for this very reason our next trip we will be at SSR.

I was not paying $130.00 per night for a campsite. I love the Fort at $65 a night I like the the Fort at $90 a night and couldn't care less about going to the Fort at $130 per night at least not for a quick 5 day trip.

I could not have said it any better.  As much as we love the Fort, we can stay at plenty of nice places two nights for $130 per.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I just joined the forum.  I booked our spring brake back in november but the price is $160 a night.  Are there any discounts going on for that period.  Also, I'm open to any other weekends that they have good discounts.  Everytime I get an email that they have $49 deal, when I go to check nothing is available or the rate is bet. 130 for 160 for the premium site.  We have traverl trailer, traveling with 3 kids, ages 8 month and twins 10 yrs old and a dog.  

Thanks alot everyone for any advice. 

Since they dropped the discount with AAA discounts will be few if any. About the only other discount they had for a short time last year was an AP and simultaneous FL Res discount. Currently no discounts offered for the Campsites through the end of the current offers. Sorry

FYI I called the WDW customer suggestion line as per another thread I read yesterday, and surprisingly, I got a phone call back today.  The nice woman on the phone explained that since the Fort is a high demand resort, she doesn't foresee any discounts.  I did mention the AP's and she only mentioned something about FLA resident, but that helps not me. 

Just for curiosity while we were looping we counted empty sites last night and it confirms why discounts are few and far between.

Granted we didn't go into the 2000 loop but since the vast majority here use Premium, Preferred or Full Hook-up and the majority like 1500 here are the numbers.

Wed night in February, not an overly busy season.  15 total empty sites  in Premium. Preferred and FH and 5 empty in the 1500.  With that low number of unoccupied sites DISNEY has no reason to offer discounts. 

Just for curiosity while we were looping we counted empty sites last night and it confirms why discounts are few and far between.

Granted we didn't go into the 2000 loop but since the vast majority here use Premium, Preferred or Full Hook-up and the majority like 1500 here are the numbers.

Wed night in February, not an overly busy season.  15 total empty sites  in Premium. Preferred and FH and 5 empty in the 1500.  With that low number of unoccupied sites DISNEY has no reason to offer discounts. 

That's very interesting, Dave.  I would have expected a lot more open sites mid-week.

You hit the nail on the head- there's no reason for Disney to offer discounts if they can fill the sites without them.  And, none of us should be surprised to see more price increases.  If there are people willing to pay, then Disney's going to take their money all day long and laugh all the way to the bank.

TCD

Yep!

Yes there are times when there are a lot of empty sites, but it never seems to last for long.

This last trip we arrived Friday, Nov 14, and were told the weekend was sold out.  We saw less than a handful of empty sites the one time we went out looping that weekend.

On Tuesday (which was the week before Thanksgiving week) things got very, very empty.  We were in 300 and the 2nd half of the loop had maybe 6 campers in it.  For 3 days we felt like we had the whole loop to ourselves.

Then Friday came.

Yep!

Yes there are times when there are a lot of empty sites, but it never seems to last for long.

This last trip we arrived Friday, Nov 14, and were told the weekend was sold out.  We saw less than a handful of empty sites the one time we went out looping that weekend.

On Tuesday (which was the week before Thanksgiving week) things got very, very empty.  We were in 300 and the 2nd half of the loop had maybe 6 campers in it.  For 3 days we felt like we had the whole loop to ourselves.

Then Friday came.

Groan...

Groan...

Actually while the weekend was pretty busy, it wasn't crazy horrible. And Monday and Tuesday of Thanksgiving week were slower than I expected. 

It seemed the big crowds didn't really start coming in until Wednesday.  Those days over Thanksgiving were jam-packed.  We didn't encounter any crazy behavior - mostly big family-type groups gathering for the holiday. But it did make the traffic situation insane with people, bikes and golf carts EVERYWHERE - including a fair number of clueless and underage GC drivers making it even more hectic.  We avoided looping over those days because it was more stressful than anything.  Getting in/out of the Settlement area was a crawl most days.

By Monday it was fairly peaceful again, although still not what I'd call "empty".