Where In The World is W...A WBI Family Trip

I can't get enough pictures of W, he's so cute!

Trust me, do all the character meals you can for the next 8 years. As soon as W turns 9 they'll charge him as an adult and you won't be able to afford them again (I speak from experience).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how he is looking at the camera, as if he's saying "look at these two....I don't know what I'm going to do with them."

Hello everyone!   I know I said I wasn't going to do a trip report from our last trip way back in November but I was missing the Disney World this morning and I saw there was some interest in pictures

Time for an update!   We left off with a delicious lunch at Be Our Guest, we had taken advantage of the FP+ and it worked great!   Up next it was time for a big first!   W was going to get his first h

Smart move bringing W in to the Country Bears before he's old enough to complain about it!

TCD

True, hopefully he'll grow to love it!

I can't get enough pictures of W, he's so cute!

Trust me, do all the character meals you can for the next 8 years. As soon as W turns 9 they'll charge him as an adult and you won't be able to afford them again (I speak from experience).

Thanks!

That's a great point about the age, it's going to kill me when he becomes a Disney "adult" and even worse when he starts that teenage boy eating.

Let's test my theory.  

Did you perhaps sit close to the front of the train, and did CP sit closer to the back?  

I'm not sure where CP was but I know I was pretty much in the middle so you're theory may be right.

I looked at the menu for Casey's Corner. Are those "Corn Dog Nuggets"? They looked like hush puppies to me, but I don't see those on the menu. How were they? They look like something I need to try on my next trip. :)

Yes those are the corn dog nuggets, I actually really like them and there were a ton of them that night.

I'm sure they aren't homemade or anything but they are a good standard corn dog.

WBI

Pressing on.

It's now the Friday after Thanksgiving and we drove back from Naples.

Everything was good at our site and on the way in I recognized a familiar setup not far from us on the 800 loop.  It was TCD, we ran into him while looping and caught up a little, it was good seeing you Andrew!  We didn't get to visit long as we were heading to MK to see the FOF parade, we had never seen it and honestly it was tough because its right during our relax time.

IMAG2959.jpg

Boat ride to MK:

DSC00588.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

W wanting to be Mr Independent:

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

DSC00598.jpg

We made it to MK in plenty of time but the streets were packed so we just picked a place near Tony's and help our ground against all the foreigners.

DSC00605.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

I'm not going to post my crazy amount of parade pics but here's a dragon for you, not sure where my fire one went??

DSC00661.jpg

IMAG2980.jpg

After the parade we fought our way through the crowd, we hadn't eaten a waffle sandwhich yet so we had to work on that.  Of course there was a line, so CP waited and I went in search of a kiosk to make some FP hacks.

But the line was huge at both kiosk areas so I said heck with it.

waffle goodness!

IMAG2984.jpg

IMAG2985.jpg

Then we did something crazy, we bailed!

The crowds were bad and our FPs didn't excite us (we skipped Anna and Elsa FP) plus the best ones weren't until later.

We also thought W might like the campfire sing along at the Fort so here we go:

IMAG2991.jpg

He liked all the rocks.

IMAG2993.jpg

Then Chip & Dale arrived:

IMAG3002.jpg

IMAG3021.jpg

I forget what the movie was but we didn't stay long see part of this plan was to come back so W would nap and possibly see the projection castle show (name??) and Wishes.  So we hopped a boat back to MK.

I'm leaving a lot of pictures out but we rode some rides at more food, more popcorn, more ice cream sandwiches.  During the parade W got hungry so we hid out behind the Christmas store and fed him where it was quiet.  We missed most of the parade but we were able to see the castle show and Wishes, even if it was very crowded.

IMAG3031.jpg

IMAG3034.jpg

Then we headed out of the park via the Main Street bypass by the Crystal Palace, we even stopped for some pics

DSC00698.jpg

That little guy had a long night.

I know I'm leaving a lot out but that's the most of it.

Up next our last full day.

WBI

Oh mercy... both of these pics melted my heart.  So. very. sweet.

Thanks!  Those were some sweet pictures.

More great pictures!

Thanks!

I totally understand how W felt that night of the Friday after Thanksgiving.

I crashed early that night too.  It got much colder than I expected that night, and the parks were a mess.

I'm sorry that this trip is nearing the end.  I have enjoyed the report.

TCD

Yes the parks were a mess that night, we all crashed hard after the long day

I'm a big fan of the parks when its cooler, but I prefer a sweatshirt or long sleeves, I don't want to have to pull out the big jackets while there.

Thanks TCD!

Love naples work there

Naples is beautiful, we actually have to go back for a visit in May.

So do you work there now?  Do you live near there?  Sorry I feel like we've talked about this before but I can't remember.

WBI

Whoa, sorry for the delay on the updates.

Picking up where we left off, we had just had night at MK, now its Saturday morning our last full day at the world.

I actually woke up earlier than W and CP this morning and I was able to get up and going without them waking up (that rarely happens).  So I hopped on the cart for some early morning exploring.

I won't post all my pictures but I headed to TCD's favorite spot and saw quite a few deer and some early morning fishermen.

I also spotted a CM on a golf cart:

20141129_075503.jpg

I should mention that it was pretty cool this morning, and this CM was just parked back here, he was there the entire time I was in the area and never moved.  At first I thought he was sleeping, but I think he was just playing on his phone.

Nice, I'm sure Walt would not approve.

While here I took tons of pics of the view but I only uploaded one:

20141129_075550.jpg

In TCD fashion let's name it:  I call this "Sunrise over Bay Lake, Bay Lake Tower, Magic Kingdom, Space Mountain and Resort Launch while being watched by a lazy Cast Member"

I need to work on that name.  I then walked back to the cart and looped through the 300 Loop.

Mo must of been asleep still as no one was stirring as I passed her site, but I did spot this gigantic tent setup:

20141129_075941.jpg

That was an event size tent, like you would setup for an outdoor wedding or something.  I tried to see it again later in the day but I think it was already gone at that point.

Pretty soon I was back at the site and had the family up and getting ready.  We decided to tour the Fort some since we had been doing parks every day.

20141129_081159.jpg

20141129_081319.jpg

20141129_081426.jpg

20141129_081624.jpg

20141129_081641.jpg

20141129_081734.jpg

20141129_081943.jpg

After some touring around we decided to head to Magic Kingdom

We stopped for lots of pictures on the way down Main Street:

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00713.jpg

W didn't seem to impressed:

DSC00714.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

Well I'm having photo problems, I'm going to hit post now and continue on in a new post.

WBI

Ok I'm going to try again.

We didn't really having any plans for MK this morning, really we were just trying to soak in as much as we could since it was our last time in MK this trip.

mk8.jpg

IMAG3052.jpg

IMAG3056.jpg

IMAG3061.jpg

IMAG3063.jpg

After easing down Main Street, we tried a breakfast waffle at Sleepy Hollow.

DSC00716.jpg
DSC00717.jpg

It was pretty good, not great but it was a nice change.

DSC00720.jpg

I think we then rode Haunted Mansion

DSC00723.jpg

After that I'm not sure what all we did but I think we actually managed to ride a lot this morning, at some point we made it over to Tomorrow Land to get a Rider Swap. 

CP once again went first so W and I headed to the arcade area to wait, and wait.

IMAG3072.jpg

IMAG3073.jpg

Turns out the ride broke down and rider has to be evacuated.  Everyone in line got a free FP for another attraction, so now we had that and the rider swap, but would you believe we didn't use either one.

Since the SM lights were on we hopped on the People Mover to check it out:

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00729.jpg

DSC00737.jpg

DSC00738.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00746.jpgT

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

Then we rode Buzz again, W really likes to shoot and spin the car around.
mkBuzz.jpg

IMAG3070.jpg

While in Tomorrowland W discovered a stick and that's all he wanted to play with, we had a laugh about that.  All the money you spend to go and he was fine with a stick.  Good thing he's free to get it, lol.

IMAG3075.jpg

IMAG3076.jpg

After riding and doing lots I can't remember, CP grabbed another ice cream cookie sandwich and I got a hotdog and fries at Casey's.  It was really good, especially the newer fries they had there, the real thin ones.

After lunch we caught the Move it Shake It parade, CP loves it, I'm not a fan, but she and W got into it.

IMAG3084.jpg

IMAG3087.jpg

Then we headed down Main Street and let W walked around on one of the side streets.

IMAG3092.jpg

IMAG3093.jpg

IMAG3098.jpg

IMAG3101.jpg

IMAG3102.jpg

WBI

After passing through the confectionary, I showed W this phone in the Hat shop:

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

He loved it and didn't want to leave.

Here he is throwing a small fit:

DSC00766.jpg

Then we took one last family photo inside MK:

DSC00789.jpg

Waving goodbye:

DSC00784.jpg

Sad face at the exit:
IMAG3109.jpg

Then we hopped a boat back to the Fort:

IMAG3110.jpg

IMAG3112.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

Once back at the Fort, we relaxed, W napped and we got ready for a night at Epcot.

We'll head there next.

WBI

Good job getting the photos from my favorite spot.  I often find CM's back there loafing.  It is good to be them.

I didn't know about the breakfast waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow.  That will be going on my List of Fun.

I agree with you about the new thin Casey's fries-they are better than the old Disney Fries.

TCD

Yeah those Fort CM's have the life.

The shirts. I just can't. Too funny.

Especially when you stand on the wrong sides and they are pointing at random people.

:lol:

haha yeah that definitely happened in those shirts, a few times the photopass photographer had to tell us to switch.

I can't stand it!  This picture is JUST TOO STINKIN' CUTE!!   :heart:

Thank you!!

WBI

Ok I'm going to try and wrap up this report today!

We're still on our last full day at WDW and we had just got back from a morning at MK.

The plan was to rest up and hit Epcot for a big night, including a stop to visit our favorite piano player.

Here we go, catching a bus to Epcot:

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00806.jpg

I'm sorry I no longer remember the details but I don't think we had any fastpasses in Epcot that evening.  Our plan was to enjoy the different countries and to visit Mr. Carol at the Rose and Crown.

Looks like the little guy fell asleep on the way there because this was taken inside the Rose and Crown.  We got there before The Hat Lady got started and were lucky enough to grab a table.

DSC00809.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

We sat there and enjoyed a pint and some fish and chips while waiting.  Don't worry we saved some chips for W.

Pretty soon lots of drunks showed up, but then so did The Hat Lady! 

She made her way through the pub talking as she went until she finally saw us.  She pulled up a chair and we had a good time catching up.  I think I've said this before but we've watched her through all stages of our relationship, dating, engaged, married, pregnant and now with our first born!  Mrs. Carol has made a tradition of singing a song about us too and tonight was no exception!

DSC00815.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

She even sang the 12 days of Pub Christmas with people in the pub singing different parts, it was really fun and I must say that Mrs. Carol handles the Epcot drunks with style.  They were kind of aggravating to her but she knows how to handle them.  During her first break W finally woke up so she came over to visit some more and take some pictures.

DSC00819.jpg

I think we stuck around for another set then said our goodbyes and headed out away from the ever growing drunk crowd, luckily we were there early enough to miss the worst of them.

One last drinking selfie before going:

DSC00820.jpg

The plan was to try and walk up to the Candlelight Processional and stand in the back, it worked pretty good timing wise but W had no entrance in standing still so we headed over to the Santa Clause village area.

DSC00827.jpg

After seeing the gigantic line to meet Santa and Santa wasn't even there, we decided to skip that, instead I got one of these to go with another pint :)

DSC00828.jpg

We played in this area a while eating, looking and letting W walk around.

IMAG3116.jpg

IMAG3119.jpg

Here we are in Italy, I think CP had some wine here:

DSC00833.jpg

I think this is Morocco:

IMAG3122.jpg

IMAG3128.jpg

I don't remember the details but we did a good job of eating in lots of countries.  In addition to the UK, we hit France for pastries, America for a funnel cake, Germany for more caramel, Canada for a beer, a then a cronut as we headed out!

Also a last minute grab was more popcorn.  My last two trip to WDW I've become addicted to their popcorn.  This trip I had a popcorn every time CP had a cookie sandwich, so more times than I can count.

W got a kick out of feeding it to me and playing with it.

DSC00842.jpg

Waiting for the bus.

IMAG3134.jpg

That's all my pictures of the Saturday night, we did some looping but it had cooled off so not too much.

Up next we have to head home, but first we hit Trails End.

WBI

Ok continuing on to the last update.

It's now Sunday morning and we have to head home soon.

It's kind of a tradition for us to eat at Trails End for breakfast before heading out, this morning we hit them early at 7:30am.

Only picture from breakfast, but you know what it's like and it was good as normal.

IMAG3140.jpg

W walking around Trails End after breakfast.

IMAG3150.jpg

IMAG3151.jpg

IMAG3156.jpg

Then it was time to head out, CP rode the cart up front and W and I drove out:

The drive started slow with a big slow down when we merged on to I75 but other than that we had clear driving until we hit Baton Rouge, LA. 

I forget where this one was taken but he was tired of riding at this point and wanted to drive. lol

20141130_164603.jpg

Even with a couple delays the drive went good and I didn't regret the decision to drive home on Sunday and go to work on Monday.  The 14 or so hour drive was tiring but not horrible.

And that's all, sorry for the lack of details but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for reading along!

WBI

Wow, things were moving along in your report as a nice pace, and then all of a sudden BAM!  It's over.  :(

W was cute as ever in those last photos.  

Can you believe I've never seen the Hat Lady?  And she is retiring, isn't she?  

Good call on the fish and chips and pint....one of my favorite meals at Disney.  

Looks like a great trip.  What's crazy to think about is how much W will change before your next trip to the Fort.  They grow up too quickly!

Wow, things were moving along in your report as a nice pace, and then all of a sudden BAM!  It's over.   :(

W was cute as ever in those last photos.  

Can you believe I've never seen the Hat Lady?  And she is retiring, isn't she?  

Good call on the fish and chips and pint....one of my favorite meals at Disney.  

Looks like a great trip.  What's crazy to think about is how much W will change before your next trip to the Fort.  They grow up too quickly!

Yeah sorry I didn't upload all of the pictures or give my story much of an arc so it just ended.

I hadn't heard that the Hat Lady is retiring, I pulled up her website and didn't see anything.  A couple years ago Disney announced that the hat lady was leaving and they would have traditional pub piano music.  Well guess who plays that music, the hat lady.  As far as I know she's not going anywhere.  You'll have to check her out sometime she usually starts around 5pm.

The fish and chips are a go to meal for us, but we learned the hard way that its cheaper and you get more if you get the fish and chips from the outdoor stand and not from the Rose and Crown.  We usually order are drinks and then one of us will go outside for the food.

It was a great trip and I'm sure you're right, he'll be much different by the next trip.

Loved the matching T-shirts!  Sorry to see your TR coming to an end.

Thank you, the shirts are usually pretty fun!

It's pretty cool that y'all have seen the hat lady so many times. 

I also have never caught her act.  We have popped in there a couple of times to try and catch her, but no luck.

You did a great job on this report.  I'm already looking forward to the next one.

TCD

What can I say we enjoy live music and drinks! lol

You'll have to try and catch her around 5pm one day, just be wary of the Epcot drunks, the pub is a go to ending spot for them.  You can also check her website for her schedule because she's not always there.  Actually that brings up a good point, I bet you've seen her before.  Mrs. Carol plays all over WDW, including at the Hoop De Due sometimes and at Hollywood Studios when they do the comic improve stuff, she used to do that regularly at Pleasure Island.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the next one too!

WBI