Where In The World is W...A WBI Family Trip

Ok Gwen got my last two so let's see what I can post before we leave for the weekend.

DSC00212.jpg

Here's a place I had never been before that we found to be very handy!

DSC00230.jpg

Ok any true fans know this one:

DSC00238.jpg

These were taken just outside:

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

Then we rode this guy:

DSC00250.jpg

11-23.jpg

Then it was time for lunch, can you guess the local?

DSC00258.jpg

Ok after a great lunch we head to another first for us, I'm going to take care of it in a separate post though.

WBI

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how he is looking at the camera, as if he's saying "look at these two....I don't know what I'm going to do with them."

Hello everyone!   I know I said I wasn't going to do a trip report from our last trip way back in November but I was missing the Disney World this morning and I saw there was some interest in pictures

Time for an update!   We left off with a delicious lunch at Be Our Guest, we had taken advantage of the FP+ and it worked great!   Up next it was time for a big first!   W was going to get his first h

Yep, I agree POTC and JC.

First birthday trip! Y'all are bringing him up right! 

BTW, I hope you post about Grayton Beach. That area is more appealing to us now that we have the golf cart. Some of those sites are really small though. That worries me. 

Heck yeah, we're starting him young, well not as young as Z but still young.

I'll definitely post about Grayton Beach, I'm curious about the sites too, I didn't realize until yesterday that ours was gravel.

Do you think you could take your cart to Seaside from the park or would that be to risky?

WBI

Do you think you could take your cart to Seaside from the park or would that be to risky?

WBI

Don't try it.  Unless you have a street legal cart that is.  The only way to get from Grayton Beach to Seaside requires you to drive for a bit on 30A.  The cops are vigilant about issuing real traffic citations for any golf carts driven on that road.  You get a real traffic ticket-  $150+ and points on your license.

Also, Seaside requires a special golf cart permit to park a golf cart on Seaside property.  Those are only issued to owners, or through the Cottage Rental Agency to registered guests.  If the real cops don't get you on 30A, one of Seaside's rent-a-cops will issue you a parking ticket.

TCD

Heck yeah, we're starting him young, well not as young as Z but still young.

I'll definitely post about Grayton Beach, I'm curious about the sites too, I didn't realize until yesterday that ours was gravel.

WBI

I think all the sites are gravel.

We'd finish making the cart street legal, and they seem to let them drive there.

Don't try it. Unless you have a street legal cart that is. The only way to get from Grayton Beach to Seaside requires you to drive for a bit on 30A. The cops are vigilant about issuing real traffic citations for any golf carts driven on that road. You get a real traffic ticket- $150+ and points on your license.

Also, Seaside requires a special golf cart permit to park a golf cart on Seaside property. Those are only issued to owners, or through the Cottage Rental Agency to registered guests. If the real cops don't get you on 30A, one of Seaside's rent-a-cops will issue you a parking ticket.

TCD

We plan to finish making the cart street legal, but I didn't know about the parking permit. I guess that ruins it. There seemed to be rental carts when we were last there.

Ok we're back and I should be able to get another post going after lunch.

In!  Adorable little boy!!

Thanks!

Nice pics. I saw you fly by our site back in November I tried to say hi but you were gone.

Really?!  Sorry about that, we must not of been paying attention, I feel like we were always on the go this trip.

I'm in.

Great pix. He's adorable.

I'll give it a shot.

Changing table- Columbia Harbor House

Carousel of Progress

Buzz

And the last one is tough. But I'm going to guess CHH for lunch. Or BOG.

Thank you!

The changing table is actually that quiet baby station by Crystal Palace, we had never been there but it was pretty handy.

The last pic is BOG

Don't try it.  Unless you have a street legal cart that is.  The only way to get from Grayton Beach to Seaside requires you to drive for a bit on 30A.  The cops are vigilant about issuing real traffic citations for any golf carts driven on that road.  You get a real traffic ticket-  $150+ and points on your license.

Also, Seaside requires a special golf cart permit to park a golf cart on Seaside property.  Those are only issued to owners, or through the Cottage Rental Agency to registered guests.  If the real cops don't get you on 30A, one of Seaside's rent-a-cops will issue you a parking ticket.

TCD

We weren't planning to try it, but thanks for the info, I always wondered about the golf carts.

We rode our bikes a ton this trip and loved it, I'm uploading pics now for that report.

I think all the sites are gravel.

We'd finish making the cart street legal, and they seem to let them drive there.

They actually have four concrete sites, but they are in the center of the loop.  They are actually ADA sites.

We plan to finish making the cart street legal, but I didn't know about the parking permit. I guess that ruins it. There seemed to be rental carts when we were last there.

Yeah it sounds like you have to have a permit from what TCD said, I also wonder about driving the cart on 30A.  The bike path said no motorized vehicles so 30A would be a problem also.

WBI

Seaside may have let up on the parking permit thing a bit.  We are usually there in the height of summer, and a couple of years ago, they had their obnoxious rent-a-cops out everywhere.  They were even trying to keep people off of the beaches in front of the Seaside pavilions by posting rent-a-cops there and requiring people to show that they were owners or registered guests.  We were staying in a rental cottage, so aside from the harassment, it wasn't a problem for us. 

I think there was a lot of backlash about these strongarm tactics, especially from the Seaside Merchants' Association.  They were chasing people away.  There are definitely less rent-a-cops around now.

TCD

Seaside may have let up on the parking permit thing a bit.  We are usually there in the height of summer, and a couple of years ago, they had their obnoxious rent-a-cops out everywhere.  They were even trying to keep people off of the beaches in front of the Seaside pavilions by posting rent-a-cops there and requiring people to show that they were owners or registered guests.  We were staying in a rental cottage, so aside from the harassment, it wasn't a problem for us. 

I think there was a lot of backlash about these strongarm tactics, especially from the Seaside Merchants' Association.  They were chasing people away.  There are definitely less rent-a-cops around now.

TCD

I was actually wondering about the beach, I know it's technically private but that Merchant's Association pays to have all the events in town to attract people so I'm sure they don't want day guests being turned away

Awesome pics!  Looking forward to more. 

Thank Dave, glad you're posting again!

For that price, I'd be mad if rent-a-cops were harassing me. We've never seen any on our day trips there. 

I agree!

You've probably never been there for the 4th of July.

It gets ugly.

TCD

I bet it does, I was surprised how much more crowded it is in June.

On a side note, this past Sunday was their Mardi Gras celebration and the workers in Modica Market said it was crazy busy because it was the only event around going on so locals and tourist were drawn to that one spot instead of spread out like in the summer.  Made sense to me, but honestly it wasn't too bad, I wish I was laying in the amphitheater right now watching W play, it was a great Sunday.

You are correct. We always go in June. 

We've been in June. Not too bad.  It gets crazy around the first couple of weeks of July.

TCD

We talked about going for the Fourth in 2016, i'll have to keep the crowds in mind.

Love this photo!

11-23.jpg

Thank!  He loved Buzz!

WBI

Time for an update!

We left off with a delicious lunch at Be Our Guest, we had taken advantage of the FP+ and it worked great!

Up next it was time for a big first!

W was going to get his first haircut at Main Street USA Harmony Barber Shop.

As you might guess we took tons of pictures but I'll try to narrow it down.

DSC00281.jpg

The barber was great he covered W in Mickey stickers to distract him and it worked great...for a while.

Will%203.jpg

Will%205.jpg

Will%209.jpg

Will%2010.jpg

Hey Lou if you are secretly reading this, is this the barber you asked about?  The one I couldn't remember his name?

About this time W realized something was going on behind him so the barber pulled out another distraction that worked like a charm.

Will%2011.jpg

Will%2017.jpg

In case you didn't know they offer a first hair cut package.  It comes with a locket of his hair, a certificate, and mickey ears. 

All for $18 not to bad considering the location.

Will%2020.jpg

Will%2022.jpg

Will%2023.jpg

Will%2024.jpg

Will%2034.jpg

Will%2043.jpg

Will%2048.jpgWill%2025.jpg

Will%2050.jpg

Will%2051.jpg

Will%2053.jpg

Will%2060.jpg

After the haircut I think we did some walking around and W fell asleep so we headed back to the Fort.

Will%2065.jpg

Will%2066.jpg

Pretty soon we decided to head to the pool, which shockingly was the first time we actually got in the pool there.  It was pretty cool but I did the slide and we enjoyed it.

20141123_153534.jpg

20141123_153542.jpg

Next up we head to Hollywood Studios.

WBI

Ok I'm going to keep this going.

DSC00320.jpg

Careful this pic is really blurry. lol Not sure why

DSC00321.jpg

As you can see it was raining on and off, we road TSM and looked around. 

W wouldn't leave his 3D glasses on so he didn't care for TSM.

Then we ate something, and went to the Osbourne Lights:

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

Feels crowded

IMAG2526.jpg

hw2.jpg

Then it was time for Fantasmic.

We grabbed a carrot cake cookie to eat while in line too so that was nice.  Waiting with W is never nice, he wanted to run around pretty bad, especially once we got a seat,

IMAG2536.jpg

IMAG2540.jpg

IMAG2541.jpg

After the show we hopped a bus back to the Fort where W fell asleep.

IMAG2544.jpg

Then we road up to the marina to watch Lou's favorite pageant.

Look Lou you can tell W like it so much he never woke up.

IMAG2553.jpg

Tomorrow its on to Animal Kingdom

WBI

How old is little guy? Ours is 6 months and I am so excited for that walking playing stage. I remember with my first that it really gets more and more fun (and easy!!!) every day at a certain point. Just can't remember exactly when that point starts!

Can't wait for our first trip back to the fort with him. With my daughter it was at 18 months and we said we could have done it waaaay sooner. She enjoyed it so much. Loved the characters.

The first haircut thing, totally happening!! Those ears!!! He is darling. Good work.

How old is little guy? Ours is 6 months and I am so excited for that walking playing stage. I remember with my first that it really gets more and more fun (and easy!!!) every day at a certain point. Just can't remember exactly when that point starts!

Can't wait for our first trip back to the fort with him. With my daughter it was at 18 months and we said we could have done it waaaay sooner. She enjoyed it so much. Loved the characters.

The first haircut thing, totally happening!! Those ears!!! He is darling. Good work.

Our little guy is almost 15 months now, but he was 12 months old during that trip. 

He started walking right at 10 months I think.

That's great you're daughter loved the characters, our little guy wasn't too sure about them but he kind of liked them some times.

Thanks for following along!

WBI

Ok I'm trying to knock out some of this report while my other pictures are loading.

Here we are driving to AK.

IMAG2556.jpg

And getting out of the car:

IMAG2557.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

First up was the safari

DSC00340.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

Anyone know where these pictures were:

IMAG2559.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

IMAG2566.jpgA

Then we headed to Everest for some single rider turns:

The walk over:

DSC00377.jpg

Ok I'm forgetting details but we walked a trail and saw the Lion King:

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

We were picked for front row.

IMAG2567.jpg

IMAG2575.jpg

Timon came right up to us during the show but it scared W so that was too bad.

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

IMAG2577.jpg

IMAG2593.jpg

WBI

12 months. Wow. I can't believe that in 6 short months mine could be sitting like that with little ears on checking himself out in a mirror. But then I remind myself that in 6 short months he's gone from newborn to where he is now. It really does fly. My DD is going to be 9!!! Still not sure how that happened.