2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You haven't met Brian I take it?   TCD

Mo > WDWMagic   TCD

The 11th and 12th I think are the Night of Joy but the other additional September dates are probably correct.

How late did you stay?

We left after the parade, in fact we trailed it down Main Street from in front of the castle.

It must've been about 9:15, and the grandkids were getting tired. Well, we all were.

It wasn't worth walking over to Tomorrowland for candy with the crowds and long lines, plus we already had a bag of candy in our totes from the Blog party.

My wife and grandkids took the monorail to the Contemporary to see the 10 o'clock fireworks while I headed to the parking lot to get the truck and drive it over to meet them.

I watched the Boo To You Parade for a few minutes via Disney's Periscope stream last night. I mainly watched it to see if there were any large changes done as my 2 girls are BIG fans of that parade. I was secretly hoping that there were no changes, and luckily in the few minutes that I watched I didn't notice much. I didn't want to watch the entire parade since we will be there to see it in person on the November 1st party and will be able to catch any changes at that point. At least the music was the same since I think that's what the girls like best about it.

I watched the Boo To You Parade for a few minutes via Disney's Periscope stream last night. I mainly watched it to see if there were any large changes done as my 2 girls are BIG fans of that parade. I was secretly hoping that there were no changes, and luckily in the few minutes that I watched I didn't notice much. I didn't want to watch the entire parade since we will be there to see it in person on the November 1st party and will be able to catch any changes at that point. At least the music was the same since I think that's what the girls like best about it.

Good to know!  That might be my all-time favorite parade.  We'll be there on Nov 1st too - can't wait!!!

Question for the Not So Scary veterans.

We went last night as part of the Blog Party and they gave us hard card passes to get in.

We got to the MK around 4:30 or so, and after bag check we went to the right hand entrance lines.

Went thru, then about 20 feet away, near the entrance under the train station, they were attaching wrist bands to the incoming guests.

They were nowhere near the MB/card readers to see who had the Scary tickets, and they didn't ask anyone to show them proof that they had the event tickets.

Is that how they do it all the time, or were they just mixed up because it was the first night?

Nothing was stopping people with AP's or daily tickets from getting a wristband.

Do they ask non band people to leave after 7, or do they just prevent them from going on rides and getting candy?

The only time we had to show a band was 1 candy line (but we didn't do rides).

If we were in the park, could we stay and watch the show and parade?

When we did the Christmas party a couple years ago, If you didn't have a band you were asked to leave at 7 and we had to show our ticket to get a band. Seems like there was a screw up, maybe that is why it was so crowded.

BTW, we will be there Nov 1st too.

Best Regards,

Norm

When we did the Christmas party a couple years ago, If you didn't have a band you were asked to leave at 7 and we had to show our ticket to get a band. Seems like there was a screw up, maybe that is why it was so crowded.

BTW, we will be there Nov 1st too.

Best Regards,

Norm

thanks.

I know if I had purchased tickets, I would have been upset if they were letting anyone in.

Question for the Not So Scary veterans.

We went last night as part of the Blog Party and they gave us hard card passes to get in.

We got to the MK around 4:30 or so, and after bag check we went to the right hand entrance lines.

Went thru, then about 20 feet away, near the entrance under the train station, they were attaching wrist bands to the incoming guests.

They were nowhere near the MB/card readers to see who had the Scary tickets, and they didn't ask anyone to show them proof that they had the event tickets.

Is that how they do it all the time, or were they just mixed up because it was the first night?

Nothing was stopping people with AP's or daily tickets from getting a wristband.

Do they ask non band people to leave after 7, or do they just prevent them from going on rides and getting candy?

The only time we had to show a band was 1 candy line (but we didn't do rides).

If we were in the park, could we stay and watch the show and parade?

That was a mess-up.

Usually, they have the set of scanners to the right as you enter reserved for MNSSHP guests.  They have a rope and CM's guarding it to make sure no one already in the park comes in from the side.  Each guest must scan his or her admission media, and then there are usually CM's right there on the other side of the scanners with the wristbands.  There is no way for anyone without a MNSSHP ticket to sneak in that small space without being detected.  This 20' away that you described is not typical.

As far as being able to stay in the park.  That's a big no.  They normally have teams of CM's walking around right at 7 pm asking for guests to show wristbands.  Anyone with a wristband is politely but firmly directed out of the park.  At the parades, CM's walk the parade route and ask guests along the way to hold up their wristbands. 

TCD

That was a mess-up.

Usually, they have the set of scanners to the right as you enter reserved for MNSSHP guests.  They have a rope and CM's guarding it to make sure no one already in the park comes in from the side.  Each guest must scan his or her admission media, and then there are usually CM's right there on the other side of the scanners with the wristbands.  There is no way for anyone without a MNSSHP ticket to sneak in that small space without being detected.  This 20' away that you described is not typical.

As far as being able to stay in the park.  That's a big no.  They normally have teams of CM's walking around right at 7 pm asking for guests to show wristbands.  Anyone with a wristband is politely but firmly directed out of the park.  At the parades, CM's walk the parade route and ask guests along the way to hold up their wristbands. 

TCD

Maybe I missed signs saying that side was for the MNSSHP only, and maybe the CMs at the scanners were directing people away from that area, but to me it looked like anyone that was in the general vicinity was getting a band.

And we were only asked 1 time in line for candy to show a band.

We were eating around 7, so maybe we missed the mass expulsion.  :lol:

Maybe I missed signs saying that side was for the MNSSHP only, and maybe the CMs at the scanners were directing people away from that area, but to me it looked like anyone that was in the general vicinity was getting a band.

And we were only asked 1 time in line for candy to show a band.

We were eating around 7, so maybe we missed the mass expulsion.  :lol:

It sounds like they were lax at this party.

You're right- if I paid $70 to get in, I'd be ticked if people who hadn't paid got wristbands.

TCD

Sounds like they weren't quite prepared for a first night sell out crowd.

Yep.  We've even seen them rope off the major walkways to/from the Hub to be able to funnel people past CMs checking for bands.

Yep.  We've even seen them rope off the major walkways to/from the Hub to be able to funnel people past CMs checking for bands.

Well, now I feel left out, no one harassed us or asked to see our bands outside of the candy line!

My granddaughters were ready to show the CM's their special event "press pass" lanyards if they got asked. :P

We just bought passes for the Oct. 18th show.  We are going to be in Orlando for a long weekend.  Any other Fiends going to be at that show?  We are MNSSHP first timers, so we are really looking forward to seeing something new at WDW.

That's great, Eric.

I won't be in town that weekend- we are flying out to Disneyland on October 16 for a long weekend.

But, I've been to many MNSSHP's- you will have a blast.

My top 5 tips;

1.  Get there early- you can enter the park at 4 pm.  Be there a bit before then.

2. You can link your MNSSHP tickets to MDE and use them to reserve FP+'s for the 4-7 time frame.  Do it.

3. Get a good spot for the parade.  Be in place early.  The Headless Horseman rides the parade route before the parade starts.

4.  Don't forget about the special MNSSHP SOTMK cards.

5.  Don't worry about the candy.  The lines are always long in the first few hours of the party.  After 10 pm, there won't be lines, and you can fill your bags then.

TCD

That's great, Eric.

I won't be in town that weekend- we are flying out to Disneyland on October 16 for a long weekend.

But, I've been to many MNSSHP's- you will have a blast.

My top 5 tips;

1.  Get there early- you can enter the park at 4 pm.  Be there a bit before then.

2. You can link your MNSSHP tickets to MDE and use them to reserve FP+'s for the 4-7 time frame.  Do it.

3. Get a good spot for the parade.  Be in place early.  The Headless Horseman rides the parade route before the parade starts.

4.  Don't forget about the special MNSSHP SOTMK cards.

5.  Don't worry about the candy.  The lines are always long in the first few hours of the party.  After 10 pm, there won't be lines, and you can fill your bags then.

TCD

This was our first visit to the party in a long long time.  Things changed since our first visit back in the dark ages.

Stake out a place near the castle to see the new Hocus Pocus Show.  Then stay there and watch the parade.

If you want the party souvenirs, they are only available at certain locations in the MK.

Here's a link to what is going on at the party and recommendations for little ones

http://wdwprepschool.com/guide-to-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

This link has images of the guide/map they hand out, with times of shows and trick or treat locations.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/news/24feb2015-mickey's-not-so-scary-halloween-party-dates-now-available.htm

It sounds like they were lax at this party.

You're right- if I paid $70 to get in, I'd be ticked if people who hadn't paid got wristbands.

TCD

No, they were pretty tight at the gates on Tuesday night.  The MNSSHP entrance made up all of the gates to the right, and included some people with the handheld scanners.  My wife and I stopped at the MK about 6PM for her to see a manager of hers in Adventureland.  They directed us over to a couple of gates on the left side, where we got in on our silver passes. They were asking everybody if they realized the park would be closed in an hour unless you were attending the party.  It would have been pretty difficult, due to roping and where they placed cast members, to make your way over to the MNSSHP side and try to get a wrist band.

We left a little after 7 and headed to the Polynesian for our anniversary dinner at Kona Café (delicious by the way) and then watched the fireworks from the dock.  Very nice.  We took the monorail back to Magic Kingdom after the fireworks and got the boat to the campground.  Boat service at that time was pretty quick, and there were quite a few families heading back.  Some great costumes this year in the park and the people leaving seemed to have a nice time, although some were saying the lines for character pictures were long.

At 7PM on Tuesday they had the hub blocked and were checking wristbands to get inside the hub area.