How do most folks travel between FW and the parks? Bus? Car?

In just a few weeks we will be at FW for the first time.  We will be driving our Class A with a toad.  In the past when we have visited WDW we relied on the bus to get around from the resorts to the parks and Downtown Disney.  We are season pass holders so if it is like Disneyland, parking won't be an additional cost.

I would appreciate hearing from folks how they prefer to travel around WDW.  

Bus to all parks and DTD except for Magic Kingdom (boat). 

We sometimes drive, but more and more I enjoy driving as little as possible once we're there. 

Make sure you get a parking pass for your toad when you check in.  Resort guests can park free at any parks. 

One heads up - there's a ton of construction at DTD right now.  While there is parking available, pay close attention to the signs.  The open parking right now is towards the West Side end of things, which means if you want to go as far as the Marketplace, you'll have to hoof it.  Alternately if you take the bus, the only station right now is at the Marketplace so... ditto but in reverse.

One heads up - there's a ton of construction at DTD right now.  While there is parking available, pay close attention to the signs.  The open parking right now is towards the West Side end of things, which means if you want to go as far as the Marketplace, you'll have to hoof it.  Alternately if you take the bus, the only station right now is at the Marketplace so... ditto but in reverse.

If you are not in any hurry, there is a boat from one end of DTD to the other.

Good gravy how long would that take?!?!

Three beers time. Or a long time.

Best case scenario. 15 minutes FW to CR

15 from CR boat dock to monorail to TTC

15 minutes TTC to Eocot

15 minutes (walking fast and no bag check) from front gate to International gate.

20 minutes from international gate to HS, by boat.

So that's about 1 hr 15 minutes. But I would give myself 2 hours to go from your FW boat dock to HS.

I am also a big fan of the Disney transportation- so we always use the boat to MK and buses to the other parks.

The only exception is if we're trying to make a rope drop.  There is nothing more frustrating than sitting at the Outpost watching multiple buses pull up and leave for the parks you are not going to, and the bus you need not showing up in time to get you there.

TCD

We always do the boat to the Magic Kingdom, but we are probably some of the only ones with ZERO patience for buses.  This could be in large part to us having 3 small children and a double stroller.  I know everyone loves to see us all fighting when we get on the bus :)  The last couple of times, we haven't had our own car and have had to ride the buses.  I just feel like we have such a huge time loss with them.  If we don't have a golf cart to get to the settlement, we often walk.  If you don't have kids, the buses aren't as bad, but definitely plan for a long wait time unless you get lucky.  Also, if you are there at a busy time, they seem to be packed and you often see people that are so rude, they sit when there is someone who obviously needs their seat...but I would stand, holding on with my 50 lb., squirmy, 3 year old in order to give a seat up to someone who looks like they need it worse than me. 

We like to drive to the parks as I also hate to wait, and I never get the TCD transportation luck thing, so to keep my schedule we drive to all but the MK from the Fort. We also drive when staying at other resorts also.

We actually had amazingly good luck with bus transport in November.

We rode the buses a LOT - almost every day - and it seems like, with a couple of exceptions, every time we walked up to the bus stop, the bus we wanted was there.

We occasionally even had an empty bus.

Even at park close we rarely had more than a 5-10 minute wait.

It was kind of spooky.

We actually had amazingly good luck with bus transport in November.

We rode the buses a LOT - almost every day - and it seems like, with a couple of exceptions, every time we walked up to the bus stop, the bus we wanted was there.

We occasionally even had an empty bus.

Even at park close we rarely had more than a 5-10 minute wait.

It was kind of spooky.

See that's what I am talking about, that there is the TCD transportation luck!!!!! He must have let you use it when he was not there. :lol:

I find us using Disney transportation more and more. We didn't bring our car for Christmas, and it was fine. Also, when leaving a busy park, I'm willing to cab if needed. 

Same here.  Although these days if we know we're closing a park we usually plan to find a drink and a bench and people watch for a while until the crowds thin out.

We have gone for about 15 years now and have NEVER driven to a park or DTD.  We figure we're on vacation and relaxing includes letting the Disney drivers do their thing and get us where we want to go.  And when we are there with three or more wheelchairs, we often have had to ride two busses (there are a few with space for three chairs, but not many) and the wait is rarely more than 15 minutes or so.  As I said, we're on vacation, so we don't rush or overschedule.

• 2 weeks later...