Please be kind...it's just a concern...

For our upcoming trip, we will be in a pet-friendly loop, although we ourselves do not travel with pets. Are folks pretty reasonable at not letting their furry friends not do their business on other campsites? I do not respond well to stepping in poop from an animal who has a careless owner. Again, not bashing pet owners AT ALL...just hoping that folks there will be mindful of that kind of thing.

I have 3 dogs and I don't respond well to it either.

We've never had a problem with this and always stay in pet loops.

Most people at the Fort with pets are responsible in our experience.  There might occasionally be a knucklehead in the bunch - but no more than in the real world.

Last year we were in a site that had a couple of deposits.  Don't know if they were from a previous occupant or someone just wandering by the site.  We didn't have a dog at that tie, and we try to be more observant for our new fur ball.

Last year we were in a site that had a couple of deposits.  Don't know if they were from a previous occupant or someone just wandering by the site.  We didn't have a dog at that tie, and we try to be more observant for our new fur ball.

I would venture a guess to say that was someone just wandering by. Those guys are pretty efficient at cleaning the sites fro, the previous occupant, including the surrounding "wooded" area around the site.

Cody

I would say on the whole most dog owners use the baggies that are provided in the loops.  I certainly do, as I have a larger dog and he leaves, well, larger deposits. 

I think you will be just fine and have nothing really to worry about.

I am curious about the thought process that went in to naming this thread.

Did you think you were going to get blasted by a pro-dog poop crowd?

TCD

Actually yes...I've known some dog lovers who are a little over the top. Some pet owners have no regard for things like this. Figured someone would take it as an attack. Stranger things have happened.

Actually yes...I've known some dog lovers who are a little over the top. Some pet owners have no regard for things like this. Figured someone would take it as an attack. Stranger things have happened.

No doubt - especially on the interwebz!

Generally folks don't take things too personally here so no worry about walking on eggshells.  And if they do... well, one of the basic tenets of FortFiends is that people are supposed to behave like grownups - at least when it comes to treating each other with respect and being responsible for what they say.

All bets are off when it comes to general silliness (guilty!)

Have no clue what a "Voldy" is. 

You're not missing anything. It's another forum where lots of people take lots of things VERY personally.  If you'd posted there, no matter how gently, someone would likely have taken offense and gotten all pouty about it, and maybe even stomped off to a moderator to complain.

Luckily you are in the land of Snarky here, where such things generally (with a few exceptions) don't happen.  And if they do, our motto is "put on your big girl/boy pants and sort yourselves out."  :)

I'm sure stranger things have happened. But not here.  Nobody's going to jump you for you expressing your opinion about something.  That is not how we roll on Fort Fiends.

Have no clue what a "Voldy" is. 

That's a pet name for another discussion board where you might be attacked for complaining about dog poop, or for trying to share a bit of humor.  You don't want to know any more about it.

TCD

(and nobody even laughed at my Pooh joke either.....geez....)

I laughed!  But very quietly.  I didn't want to offend anyone on this thread, though I am very much for walking in dog poo.  That's the best way to spread it around so everyone can enjoy it!  :lol: