Hello everyone!

So I've been reading this forum and gathering information from this site for a few months now.  I thought it was time to introduce myself and my family.  I'm Michelle, my DH is Rich and we have two girls Madeline (6) and Emily (almost 3).  We are from the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland.  We have loved tent camping for years and last  year we upgraded to a very small travel trailer.  Too small so we are already upgrading in preparation for our trip to the Fort in August.  This year is our 10th wedding anniversary and, during our trip, I will be celebrating my 35th birthday!  We've been to WDW several times but this is my first time at the Fort.  Years ago my husband camped there many times on family trips. 

I love to plan trips.  Part of the fun, for me, is the planning and anticipation of a vacation.  On our 180 day mark I was up to make our dining reservations.  I've been playing with different travel scenarios: when to leave, where to stop overnight, where to eat, etc.  This forum has helped me so much!

I look forward to reading more and living vicariously through trips reports.

Welcome.

You will find a lot of big planners chiming in shortly.

I'm a semi planner.

Figure out the meals to pack and all of the assorted accessories, then wing it for our Fort stay... play it by ear day to day.

But we just bought passes again after a 5 year lapse and have seen how things have changed drastically, so now we have to plan park visits instead of winging it.

Welcome Michelle! 

If you like planning and haven't already, be sure to check out this thread where our hard-core planners like to share their best planning tools and tips.  :)

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/10310-spreadsheet-makers-and-planners-unite/?hl=%2Bspreadsheet%2C+%2Bunite

Welcome.

You will find a lot of big planners chiming in shortly.

I'm a semi planner.

Figure out the meals to pack and all of the assorted accessories, then wing it for our Fort stay... play it by ear day to day.

But we just bought passes again after a 5 year lapse and have seen how things have changed drastically, so now we have to plan park visits instead of winging it.

I'll plan like crazy in the months leading up.  However, I know better than to expect my kids to stick to those plans so I build in a lot of cushion and alternatives.  Since this will be our girls' second trip I think I'll be a bit more relaxed. 

Welcome!
Where are you from on the Eastern Shore? I am a SSU alumni. My dad also lived on Kent Island for awhile.

We're from Easton.  I have family and friends in Salisbury.  I'm a native but my husband is a transplant from the Philly area.

Welcome and  :hello-smiley:

We too purchased a small trailer (a hybrid)... did so last year, had a great time camping in it and then decided to upgrade to something a little larger so we could continue to enjoy for many years to come.  Our little ones are 8 and 3.  

Enjoy your time at the Fort!!   Remember to save a day (or at least a few hours each day) to simply hang around the campground.... it's relaxing and a lot of fun :)

While I would love to come to Lancaster over Easter, we can't make it then.  We have some Easter traditions that can't be missed.  We will be in Lancaster in July for our annual family camping trip.  I really enjoy camping there.  We always go to Shady Maple and the Green Dragon. 

I really do want to make one of these gatherings so I'll keep an eye out for them.

If you like the Green Dragon try getting to Root's near Manheim, they are only open on Tuesdays, we think it is better then the Green Dragon, more produce and Amish good's, less junk ...aka flea market type stuff