The never ending cruise!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those tag fairies are REALLY missing out today.  

Someone should alert Chris and Jen, obviously your account is hacked!

Let's go on with our first day at sea. We hung out on the Lido deck next to the pool and bar. If you've ever been on a cruise you know that they love to play the line dancing songs. And this cruise

Here's the latest story i've seen on it for those interested. Short form 12 passengers from one ship and 3 from another among those killed in the attack. Another 13 and 8 injured. 

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/how-the-cruise-industry-is-coping-with-isis-114054345407.html

I am in........now to go read Yvonne's link.

I already new about the craziness in Tunisia.

Thanks for reading along. The article is partially true. The biggest mistake in the article is that he didn't fall... He jumped. But we will get into the details as we go along.

Here's the latest story i've seen on it for those interested. Short form 12 passengers from one ship and 3 from another among those killed in the attack. Another 13 and 8 injured.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/how-the-cruise-industry-is-coping-with-isis-114054345407.html

Sending prayers for all involved.

Let's getting short TR moving. As some of you know my FIL loves to travel and he brings some of the family members along the adventure. Well this time he brought 19 family members on a spring break cruise. We left for Galveston Texas on Friday the 13th. We stayed the night in Corsicana Texas, ordered pizza for the gang. Took the kids swimming and went to sleep. Next day we drove to Galveston on boarded the Carnival Triumph.

image_zpsctvk6hdw.jpg

You may recall the triumph was the ship that broke down and the people were stuck on it for days with limited facilities and a/c, and no booze.

Well let me tell you something. They did am awesome job refurbishing it. One of my favorite things they added was this.

image_zpsjamxuq6w.jpg

image_zpss3ujrdni.jpg

The menu is quite simple and all burgers are served with hand cut and delicious fries.

image_zps4ei9wmb1.jpg

After getting your burger and fries you head over to the toppings bar. There were sautéed mushrooms, BACON, lettuce, tomato, etc. And several of Guys speciality sauces.

image_zps5vbwrq4a.jpg

The patty is handmade and probably the best burger I've had on a cruise ship ever. I only ate three of them in five days.

short for the update. I'm having trouble uploading pix using the hotels wifi.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your report.

We were on the other end of a fog delay, way back in 1994.  We got to wait for about 4 hrs or so in a parking lot outside of Tampa while the ship we wanted to get on couldn't get in to port to disembark...with a 3 yr old.  We finally left port about 5 or 6 (if I can recall correctly).  Fortunately, nothing else exciting happened on that cruise.

And then the next cruise we went on, in 2002, was on the Triumph!  NY to Halifax, NS & back.  (Before it was in the news every-other year.)  Looking forward to seeing how it's changed.

Glad you're on dry land!  And I think maybe, just maybe, I snuck in on page 2.  :)

That burger place looks amazing!  I like the acronym S.M.C.  I am wondering if at some point during the next WWW (or possibly during the next 24-hour day), Mo's new nickname will be S.M.M.!

LOL Marty!!!  It's a pretty good possibility!  Just keep me well supplied with cold beverages and I'll be fine.   8)

I'm looking forward to the rest of your report.

We were on the other end of a fog delay, way back in 1994. We got to wait for about 4 hrs or so in a parking lot outside of Tampa while the ship we wanted to get on couldn't get in to port to disembark...with a 3 yr old. We finally left port about 5 or 6 (if I can recall correctly). Fortunately, nothing else exciting happened on that cruise.

And then the next cruise we went on, in 2002, was on the Triumph! NY to Halifax, NS & back. (Before it was in the news every-other year.) Looking forward to seeing how it's changed.

That SMB!

On our way to the parking lot the shuttle driver tol us that the people getting in the ship are having to wait till we left the parking lot before they could park. That would really SMB.

That burger place looks amazing! I like the acronym S.M.C. I am wondering if at some point during the next WWW (or possibly during the next 24-hour day), Mo's new nickname will be S.M.M.!

Can't wait to read more!

SMC really does describe the cheese. The patties had tons of melted cheese

What does SMM stand for?

Super Moogle Mo?