In your camper between trips?  With our last camper, it was a hybrid so I had to pack up all the bedding anyway.  I would leave bottled water in there, but that was about it.  The new camper has an actual bedroom and 2 bunks (yay!), so my plan was to leave the bedding inside and the beds made.  I'll put a damprid container in the trailer.  I will still leave bottled water in there and other sealed drinks (cokes, poweraid, etc).  What about juice boxes and other sealed items (i.e. unopened chips or cookies)  can you leave those in a trailer?  I wouldn't do this during the winter/non-camping months (for us probably mid-Nov to April)... but I was hoping to do this for the 7 months when we will use the camper at least one weekend per month.

Is that okay?  Food... I'm worried about attracting bugs/pest.   Bedding or clothes in the camper... worried about bugs and moisture.

Input please...

Mine is garage kept, so that may make a difference, but my linens stay in there full time, clothes usually don't because it seems every trip I take the weather is different, and the packing is different depending on if it's just me, or me and Rick, and I leave a few food items in there like spices, oatmeal packets, hot chocolate, etc. But not really cause we don't have that much storage. Most of our food goes in a rubbermaid bin, or a set of plastic drawers that sit outside the camper when we are set up.

We do have camping pajamas and camping towels and toiletries that stay in there full time.

When we get home I wash all the used bedding and towels and it goes right back in. Each of ushave a bbathing suit that stays in the trailer and I usually leave a change of clothes. We keepour trailer in the driveway and plugged in so I always keep condiments in the fridge, spices,, any food that wont go bad before the next time we go stays in the trailer, always have some tuna fish and crackers just incase. When I run out of stuff in the house I will take it out of the trailer and restock the trailer so nothing goes bad.

I do my own pest control at home so when I spray the house and yard I do the trailer as well. So far the only time we had a bug problem was ants at the Fort.

I do keep our AC in the trailer set at around 88° when its at the house, keeps it from getting to hot and anything exploding.

Also keep the bathroom stocked with everything each of us uses. My thought the less I have to load and unload each trip the more enjoyable the trips are. Plus if there is an emergency its a matter of grabbing some clothes, food from the house, hooking up, and leaving

Not clothes but we do leave linens and food in it unless something was opened like chips or snacks that could go stale before the next time we go out, but for the summer now we fixed that problem as we now camp and travel all summer. Basically if it won't spoil or turn bad leave it in. We have even left dry foods all winter when we would use it on weekends.

I do keep our AC in the trailer set at around 88° when its at the house, keeps it from getting to hot and anything exploding.

Wow.. didn't think about something exploding.  That does not sound fun!

Okay...since we cannot store the bigger trailer at home (which means it won't be plugged in), sounds like clothing should be okay and only a few (very sturdy) non-perishables.  One downside to the larger TT, is that we have to store it... it was so nice having the last one at home.  Oh well... complain, complain, complain  :rolleyes:

Wow.. didn't think about something exploding.  That does not sound fun!

Okay...since we cannot store the bigger trailer at home (which means it won't be plugged in), sounds like clothing should be okay and only a few (very sturdy) non-perishables.  One downside to the larger TT, is that we have to store it... it was so nice having the last one at home.  Oh well... complain, complain, complain  :rolleyes:

I have never had anything explode in ours just something I worry about when it comes to leaving soda in it.

During camping season (which here in NH is May-Oct) I leave the camper stocked.  We are in and out of it often enough that I don't worry about pests, and extreme heat and humidity aren't usually an issue for us. Clothes come and go, but there are usually some in there.  I make the bed and leave spare linens in there to change out when needed.  Linen closet gets stocked full of towels, pantry items and toiletries go in.

Our last trip of the season is always the Fort in Oct or Nov.  When we come home, all food and toiletries come out to avoid pests and things freezing and exploding over the winter.  Linens all get stripped and usually the clothes come in too - at least anything we may need.  Sometimes the shorts stay in.  :)

I used to put all the toiletries and spices in bags over the winter, but then I figured better to use them up so I'm not putting old or expired stuff back in the next spring.

We use it a lot, so it has it's own towels, sheets, pillows. I keep the bathroom stocked with doubles of everything we use. It had been at our house plugged in so I left all mustard, ketchup and stuff like that in it. I used to leave unopened chips and things, but got nervous about bugs, so I take all of that out. I leave unopened canned goods in there. I am going to have to be careful because where we are going to store it, there is no electric. I am not happy about having to empty the refrig every trip. I also have special MH clothing, but it seems I am always dragging clothing out there.

Our linens and towels only come out for washing. We don't have any clothes used only for camping so they always come back to the house. For food we keep a couple of plastic tubs that we bring in and out of the house when needed. If we have leftover, unopened food from a trip we will leave it in the tubs and I will restock when loading up for our next trip. I always unload the fridge as we don't keep the trailer plugged in until the day before a trip. We do keep the trailer stocked with herbs, spices and salt along with bathroom/shower/cleaning supplies.

We usually pull the towels off every trip and sheets off every other short trip or every long trip.  We use totes to store them in so bugs aren't a problem.  We have had so much a problem with stink bugs this past year that we didn't leave much over the winter. 

Store the bedding between trips in totes?

Bedding always stays,....after the winter, I usually wash it all and get it all spruced up for spring/summer/fall trips. I have boys that are always bringing dirt in....so I am always washing something. BUT all the bedding for the most part gets washed and put back in the camper. Towels and clothes always just get packed from home because the boys are always growing and changing  sizes. Food....I keep spices and some canned/dry goods in there. But before I trip I always restock and check dates on the cans to make sure its all still good

We have 5th wheel with quadbunks....love it! We have tent camped, pop-up camped, Class A camped...but for our family the 5th wheel has been the best so far!

We pretty much leave all the foods  except refrigerated stuff and breads in the MH.  It is parked in the driveway and plugged in most of the time, with mild heat or A/C as appropriate for the season.  Much clothing stays out there except coats and shoes we might need soon.  We use it as our convenience store so when we run out of something in the house, we know where to usually find replacements.

We leave bedding, linens, etc. in the MH.  Unopened food is kept in plastic containers with lids.  One time we didn't do this, we wound up with a very large field mouse in the MH.  It actually ate through the wall, heat duct, some electrical, and basically cost us a lot of time and money.  Since we live in farm country, we never leave any food that could attract mice.  We also use moth hangers in the MH and undercarriage.  This seems to help.