"As Soon As The Rude Passenger in the Bathroom is Done Pooping, We Can Take Off!" An AC in A2 Trip Report

Good job.  Sunset photos from the dock one day, sunrise the next.  That's how it's done.

I will check on that missing topiary the next chance I get.  I wonder if they swapped Mickey out for an Elsa topiary?

I love the photos of you and DD on Dumbo.  Those might show up on a wedding photo slide show one day.

Pixie dust for DD next?  I'll guess she meets Gaston and beats him in a push-up contest.

TCD

I love those photos too.

Gaston?  X

We might just beat you to the punch. We arrive tomorrow for a nice long much needed Fort trip.

Enjoy your stay and let us know!

Awesome.  I think you will beat me to the punch, but then again, you might be too busy having fun to check on the topiary.  Tell BFF to drive safe today!

TCD

Yes.  Safe travels.

Love the Dumbo pics! 

Z was not a fan of Space, so your DD wins that one. 

Hmmm.... pixie dust.... I don't have any guesses. :(

DD absolutely loved it.  She wanted to ride it as much as possible after that.

You said a major dose of pixie dust, so I'm guessing BBB or lunch at CRT.

I said major.....but not astronomically gigantic.  LOL

CRT was closed during this trip....and we were not enamored last time.....although the princess interactions with DD were priceless.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's ridiculolous, what manager doesn't know what is and isn't working at their facility. I'm sure its been said before, but the Fort seems more like a training facility for management. Personally,

Oh!  I have another favorite site at the Fort - a tent full of Wild Womenz laughing so hard they can't breathe.

Rude server probably needed a hug.     Or a slap.  

Before we get to the pixie dust, we would exit Dumbo and head over to Barnstormer:

IMG_0861_zpsdrlgbv2g.jpg

IMG_0862_zpsr35e0zch.jpg

IMG_0863_zpsnolojvpg.jpg

IMG_0864_zpsrphmizu1.jpg

IMG_0865_zps48utvikw.jpg

IMG_0866_zpsudrv6pyd.jpg

IMG_0867_zpsx9iw7qll.jpg

IMG_0868_zpsjr4ewapo.jpg

Okay.  Here is the pixie dust part.  DD was invited to stay on the ride when our first ride was over.  After the second ride, she was invited to stay on again.  We rode the ride 6-7 times without getting off.  That happens for two reasons:

1. Rope Drop

2. January/February time frame but not attached to MLK weekend or President's Day weekend.  If you time it perfectly in between, the crowd levels are pretty low.

So DD rode Barnstormer a bunch of times and I believe we were in the front row for all but one of them.  We got out and moved back a couple rows because one other group wanted to try the front.

That is some major pixie dust for a 6 year old who loves coaster type rides.

Since DS had to wait through all of those rides we went here next:

IMG_0869_zpsgiodmchc.jpg

IMG_0870_zpsf0phtxff.jpg

IMG_0871_zpsfzaofe9d.jpg

DS was able to actually drive this trip.  That was very exciting for him.

After that, DS and DW headed for Buzz and DD and I headed back to SM:

IMG_0872_zpsfwy9c7bb.jpg

IMG_0873_zpsbe1jzsum.jpg

IMG_0876_zpsutij6xo4.jpg

IMG_0877_zpsdjxqsfxy.jpg

After SM, we worked our way over to 7DMT where thanks to rider swap, DD got to ride 2x:

IMG_0878_zpsznb8dh6i.jpg

IMG_0879_zpsq2ec5tcj.jpg

IMG_0880_zpsl7intqc3.jpg

IMG_0881_zpsdx4xt09f.jpg

IMG_0883_zpsxcxfhoqj.jpg

IMG_0884_zps75rhqbi2.jpg

IMG_0885_zps9f5jzamf.jpg

IMG_0886_zpsjx8lltsy.jpg

IMG_0887_zpsjsaway3e.jpg

Small World was next.  Go Irish:

IMG_0888_zpsonddxyak.jpg

Hippo!

IMG_0889_zpso7nlczs1.jpg

Next, we met up with some friends that traveled from Michigan to WDW for their first WDW trip ever.

I know it's more bc of the coaster situation and ds not being a fan, but I'm definately seeing a daddy's girl/mommas boy theme here :)

Rider switch. How'd you pull that off?

Also, how does your back do on all these rides?

I think there is some truth to that theme.  I spend so much time with DS with his sports, that I try to make up for it with DD in other ways.  I don't know soccer, so I can't really coach her.  I pay attention to the drills they do in practice though and help her as much as I can at home.

Rider switch:  We told the CMs that DS is scared of coasters and they had me wait with him at the exit.  When DW and DD were done, DD and I walked through the exit and stood in the spot where they told us.  About 2 minutes later, DD and I would be on board the mine train. 

My back does okay on most of them.  SM is a nightmare, but somebody has to bite the bullet for DD to ride and it's not going to be DW.  She hates that ride.  SM is too jerky, like Jerky Judi.

As long as it is a smooth ride, I am good.  SM SMB for my back and any wooden coasters are completely out of the question.

6 times! That's awesome. We've been able to pull of 2 in a row before, but 6! 

Y'all had a great morning. 

You know the deal Kelly.

Rope drop, rope drop, rope drop. 

We once pulled off 4 consecutive Barnstormer rides but you guys are BOSSES!

We could have stayed on for more rides too, but I figured DS and DW had waited long enough LOL. 

Speedway, Space Mountain, SDMT. Again. Y'all are livin' right.

Small hijack. Why does the tomorrow land speed way have cars that steer on the left side and the right? This is america. We drive on the right side of the road with the steering wheel is on the left.

I say the same thing every trip.  This is the US of A dadgumit!

Big deal. We once rode the carousel of progress 10 times in a row. We could have ride it 11 times but my nap was over.

It's a Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow.................

Be honest, your nap was only over because you started drooling on the dude's shoulder next to you and he politely elbowed you in the face.

Time to meet up with some friends of ours.

I forgot we actually met them outside the MK gates that morning and watched the welcome show together.

Upon entry, we walked them as fast as we could to the Anna and Elsa standby line.  They were staying at Shades of Green and did not have access to FP+ ressies until only 30 days out.  By that time, Anna and Elsa FPs were, in the words of Ernie Harwell, "Lonnnnnngggg  Gonnnnnnnnne!

We walked them to the line, and on the way there was insane people everywhere.  I mean nudging, stroller ramming, bumping, etc.  It was stupid.

Everything we had done to this point, we had done while they only saw Anna and Elsa.  When we caught up to them, a couple of them were inside HM, while the others waited nearby. 

DD wanted to get her picture taken with one of our friends' daughters near the "Tall, Tall Tower."

IMG_0891_zpsz5a3kafs.jpg

IMG_0893_zps8a8ul4m7.jpg

IMG_0894_zpsaojdnphh.jpg

We went in here for a moment on the way to our next ride:

IMG_0895_zpsgr5sxivb.jpg

Look.  They are selling these here too:

IMG_0896_zpslpgdnbah.jpg

I have yet to purchase one.

Our next ride was BTMRR:

IMG_0897_zps6guquug1.jpg

Those look like happy campers.  When we boarded, I put my hat, sunglasses, and iPhone in the basket like I always do.....unless I am taking pics on the ride.  DD and her buddy asked me why I did that.  I said, "So it doesn't get lost."

We had a great ride and exited.  We were halfway to our next destination when I said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11q4q3S57jE

Okay.  Maybe I didn't say that in front of the kids, but I may have in my head. 

I felt like a total dumb**s.

One of our friends and I went back to BTMRR and I talked to a College Program CM there.  She was very nice and asked where in the train we had been sitting.  She had me wait near the exit and went inside to check trains as they came back.  After about 5 minutes or so, she came out with all my stuff.  :whew:

I had a ton of pictures on that phone.  I mean a couple thousand from before our trip plus all of our trip pics to that point.  Losing that phone would have SMMBP.

I thanked the young lady profusely and offered her a sizable tip and told her dinner later was on me.  She refused the tip of course.  I even tried to shake her hand with the tip in my hand.  I have seen enough small time drug deals on the job and TV to know how this could get done :rofl3: . She again refused.  I bet her parents are proud of that girl wherever they are. 

That was some good PD for me!  Losing all of those pics would have caused me some heart palpitations.

After that photoflush scare, we went to Tom Sawyer's Island for lunch:

IMG_0898_zps9etotr7c.jpg

IMG_0899_zps5d3avzkk.jpg

The kids played on the island for awhile after lunch and I have this picture from when we returned to the mainland:

IMG_0900_zps84vufuje.jpg

Next up, more MK with our friends from Meeeechigan.

Wow! Rider switch for kids who are scared. Never would have thought of that! We used to use it all the time when dd was too little, but now she's just too chicken and we didnt think to rider switch. Ill march her up to the gate all day long and coaster shame her if it gets me free rides.

Although now we have an actual baby, so I guess we will just use him instead

Wow! Rider switch for kids who are scared. Never would have thought of that! We used to use it all the time when dd was too little, but now she's just too chicken and we didnt think to rider switch. Ill march her up to the gate all day long and coaster shame her if it gets me free rides.

Rider Switch is a confusing thing.  I thought it was limited to guests who had a child who doesn't meet the height requirements, but Disney's own site says it applies in any case where a child doesn't want to ride:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/

rider%20switch.1_zpstt67sl7c.jpg

The thing is that I have heard CM's say the opposite to guests trying to get a rider switch pass.

And to add to the confusion, the Disney site doesn't list the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train as being eligible for Rider Switch:

rider%20switch.3_zpsdhm94qha.jpg

What Aaron describes (waiting and then the other parent immediately re-boarding) sounds like what is described on the website, but the actual practice I've seen is the issuance of a paper Rider Switch pass which is good for up to three guests, and doesn't expire until the end of the calendar month it is issued. Those things are traded in the CM black market, and are quite valuable- especially the Mine Train ones.

TCD

What Aaron describes (waiting and then the other parent immediately re-boarding) sounds like what is described on the website, but the actual practice I've seen is the issuance of a paper Rider Switch pass which is good for up to three guests, and doesn't expire until the end of the calendar month it is issued. Those things are traded in the CM black market, and are quite valuable- especially the Mine Train ones.

TCD

Our experience was with the paper pass we didn't get to immediately board like what Aaron described.

Actually the only place we were able to use the rider swap pass was on Mine Train and there we had FPs so it didn't even matter.  Space Mountain had a huge FP+ line then broke down, so neither of us got to ride.  Soarin had a huge FP+ line so after CP rode we left. 

Thanks a lot MDE.

WBI

Oh man, that must have been an awful feeling as you were waiting to see if they found your phone.  I'm glad they did.

Hey, I never noticed this Indian savage Native American gentleman has a knife and a gun.  Why can't Mickey have a musket?

IMG_0900_zps84vufuje.jpg

p.s. good job teaching DD that Saturday Night Fever pose.

TCD

Mickey definitely needs his musket back.  Imagine how cool it would be if the old entrance sign returned.  Where do you think that sign is?  In the back of the settlement wagon maybe?

Very cute pictures... looks like you all had some beautiful weather :)   Plus some major pixie dust with the rides...score!!

it rained very little our entire trip.  It could have been a tiny bit warmer so they could have went swimming more, but it was much better than the weather in Michigan so no complaints!

I can't imagine how you felt waiting for them to find your stuff.  If it were my camera, I would have had a leaky head.

It was a rough few minutes of anxiety.

We have used rider switch for this reason on our last couple trips. 

Rider Switch is a confusing thing.  I thought it was limited to guests who had a child who doesn't meet the height requirements, but Disney's own site says it applies in any case where a child doesn't want to ride:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/

rider%20switch.1_zpstt67sl7c.jpg

The thing is that I have heard CM's say the opposite to guests trying to get a rider switch pass.

And to add to the confusion, the Disney site doesn't list the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train as being eligible for Rider Switch:

rider%20switch.3_zpsdhm94qha.jpg

TCD

Your posting of the actual rules will become much more important later in this TR.  I will say every ride is different.  The only place we received ride swap tickets is BTMRR.  We didn't do ride swap on Space though because DW didn't want to ride it.

Our experience was with the paper pass we didn't get to immediately board like what Aaron described.

Actually the only place we were able to use the rider swap pass was on Mine Train and there we had FPs so it didn't even matter.  Space Mountain had a huge FP+ line then broke down, so neither of us got to ride.  Soarin had a huge FP+ line so after CP rode we left. 

Thanks a lot MDE.

WBI

The paper pass we used at BTMRR later in the trip, got us back into the FP queue, so we did wait in a short line again.

Let's get going again.  We are still with our friends from Michigan, left Tom Sawyer's Island and watched DD perform some Saturday Night Fever moves.

Now we are on a mission to Tomorrowland:

IMG_0901_zpsaenooih7.jpg

IMG_0902_zpszmiraurw.jpg

IMG_0906_zpsfavv8xmu.jpg

Everybody jumbled up and rode with other people for Dumbo and Barnstormer:

IMG_0908_zpsixryapkd.jpg

IMG_0909_zpsqlkargxa.jpg

IMG_0998_zpsgnrieb3m.jpg

IMG_0911_zpsnve3e4la.jpg

IMG_0912_zpsigw2qike.jpg

Time to meet Daisy:

IMG_0913_zpshdfiyj8d.jpg

IMG_0914_zpsbssxrhbe.jpg

IMG_0915_zpstrmkesvq.jpg

IMG_0916_zpshyrwjbu8.jpg

And Mrs. Mouse:

IMG_0917_zpst86iki5q.jpg

IMG_0918_zpstkdreiwl.jpg

IMG_0919_zpszfxedgf6.jpg

Next up the other girls wanted to visit with Belle:

IMG_0920_zpsytkhjeq3.jpg

Check out these next couple pics.....see anything wrong?

IMG_0921_zpsvbls6a6n.jpg

IMG_0923_zpsgbzaxslq.jpg

The CM kept stalling with some Disney Trivia while messing with the control box.  I could tell he was very embarrassed.  I felt bad for him.  After fooling with things and several false starts we got a move on:

IMG_0924_zpsgi3e81rl.jpg

IMG_0925_zpstfjn6vze.jpg

And guess who was picked to be a guard?  Again.

IMG_0926_zpsa5jwim7a.jpg

DD scored the Mrs. Potts part:

IMG_0927_zpsdnvoumkf.jpg

Our friends DD scored this part:

IMG_0928_zpslt6cl7kp.jpg

She earned it.  She was loud!  What an adorable beast!

Inside the library:

IMG_0940_zpspvq8w7si.jpg

Guarded the place like a champ.  Again.

It has become a joke now.  After about (guessing) 8-9 trips to see Belle.  I have only been overlooked for the role of guard once.  Weird.

The Beast:

IMG_0941_zps545gozlh.jpg

IMG_0943_zpsx0x5sw8i.jpg

When it came time for the beast's roar, our little lady, waited about 5 seconds and then said, "Rarr," in the teensiest little voice you could imagine.  It was quite a change from the wardrobe room.  Everyone got a chuckle out of it.

DD pouring the tea:

IMG_0945_zpsequqlw67.jpg

IMG_0946_zpssqvgeyg6.jpg

Nearing the end:

IMG_0958_zpszi00nt6z.jpg

IMG_0960_zpstja9gnuq.jpg

Continued in next post----Photo Limit

IMG_0963_zpsebnosa50.jpg

IMG_0966_zpsvgqdpdbm.jpg

Our friends loved the show...this being their first ever trip to WDW.

Next DW and I took our kids and their youngest to the front while the rest of their family used their 7DMT FP+. 

IMG_0967_zpspvsk5xjq.jpg

IMG_0968_zpscyw0pvxv.jpg

IMG_0969_zpsbx3zyqkv.jpg

IMG_0970_zpsajnbk0jv.jpg

IMG_0971_zpsemusdcw1.jpg

IMG_0972_zps2fceh15a.jpg

IMG_0973_zpsa5zpw2c3.jpg

IMG_0974_zpstssnk9gi.jpg

IMG_0975_zps68un1kcv.jpg

Chilling with a little green fairy next.

We will pick things up there next time.  Hopefully we won't have almost a week before the next update. 

Peace be with you