"As Soon As The Rude Passenger in the Bathroom is Done Pooping, We Can Take Off!" An AC in A2 Trip Report

Two things: 

First... love the pictures.  They make me happy :)   Pictures of the Fort always make me happy.

Second... people are dumb.  I'm sorry Lord, I know you created them but mercy... it's a good thing I'm not God as I would have taken out mankind a LONG time ago.  I don't get why people need to be nasty or "at best", just not care.  After our current experience with Camping World and now, this week, with Comcast... I mean seriously.  What the heck people.  Sorry the manager was rude; shame on him.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's ridiculolous, what manager doesn't know what is and isn't working at their facility. I'm sure its been said before, but the Fort seems more like a training facility for management. Personally,

Oh!  I have another favorite site at the Fort - a tent full of Wild Womenz laughing so hard they can't breathe.

Rude server probably needed a hug.     Or a slap.  

Late, but in!  Can't wait to read more!

Not too late.  Glad to have you along Marty!

It must depend on what bus you end up on when you get there. When we came back from Denver in JAN , no wait and we were the first stop, then the bus went to the Contemporary and Poly.   :huh:

That could be.  I remember you saying that when we met up with you.  I wonder if they try to fill buses with certain clusters of resorts but if they fill up a MK resort bus, then the Fort gets tossed in with one of the others?  Not sure.  As we normally drive, I will probably never figure it out either.

You don't count.  You always seem to get special treatment because you've got Grandma with you.  This is the first I've heard of a Fort guest being dropped off by DME before the more important guests in the more important resorts.

TCD

I remember reading somewhere how cool DME was and that it was in fact "magical."  That was not my experience.  It was fine for what we needed but slow as molasses.

Maybe it was my "GRUMPY" shirt.   :rofl3:

You may be on to something.

Stupid manager.  

Ice cream bars = very good.  

It would be hard to disagree with any of that.

We left off at TCD's favorite spot which has quickly become one of my favorite spots.

That gets me thinking. 

Let's make a list of my Top Ten favorite Fort spots....

10. Meadows Porch

9. Main Pool

8. Marina.....especially as the sun just starts to rise

7. RC Area

6. TCD Ranch

5. Campfire Sing-along/Movie Area

4. TCD's Favorite Spot

3. Path of Awesomeness

2. Crockett's Porch

1.????????????

In the comments, maybe you all could list your top 3 or so before you comment on this update?

Maybe we will find a consensus.  Maybe somebody else will have the same #1 as me?

We'll see.

Moving on toward our dinner spot:

IMG_0502_zpsqyazt9dt.jpg

IMG_0503_zpsta0el4z6.jpg

IMG_0504_zpsb5zstlcg.jpg

We parked the cart and the kids took off like bats out of the BABH toward the playground.  They know their way around now.  I love it.  They are good little younglings.

DW and I headed here:

IMG_0505_zpsci1raqjj.jpg

IMG_0506_zpset8iblxr.jpg

IMG_0507_zpsbtxd8cvj.jpg

IMG_0508_zpsheggdnkm.jpg

Those high-top tables were fairly new when we arrived.....but I prefer this:

IMG_0509_zpsz5d2oqdp.jpg

I soon saw a small commotion near Pioneer Hall:

IMG_0510_zpsgkcwdpew.jpg

IMG_0511_zps8zwx4rqg.jpg

I wanted to relax and not wait in line so I grabbed everyone quick and headed over:

IMG_0512_zps6l3bigaw.jpg

IMG_0513_zpsg5drg8ak.jpg

As with all of the other photopass pics, the HDDR ones are located in the video I posted awhile back......this TR will be just the pics that I took, but there are over 2000 so this should take quite awhile.

After getting checked in, we went back to the porch to finish our drinks while the kids played some more.  Then went for a walkabout:

IMG_0514_zpsku1twfro.jpg

IMG_0515_zpsxkh5yi3p.jpg

IMG_0518_zpscybfdrpd.jpg

DS asked if we could go look at the Lawnmower tree spot and see if any rude people parked anything on the hallowed ground:

IMG_0519_zpsri2zqnyq.jpg

IMG_0520_zpsfvgpuogw.jpg

People were apparently keeping themselves in check today.

More pics from our little walk:

IMG_0521_zpsemjyqvk5.jpg

IMG_0522_zpsxkgy9suq.jpg

IMG_0523_zpsgavjma46.jpg

IMG_0524_zpsyqhlma37.jpg

IMG_0525_zps6eihq16a.jpg

IMG_0525_zpsyyibggxf.jpg

Next we will head in to Pioneer Hall for what is affectionately referred to as "GAG Magic+".

Oh, I just remembered another rude CM moment.  That will be in the next update.  I should really send an email to Guest Services.  It's probably not very timely now though.

We left off at TCD's favorite spot which has quickly become one of my favorite spots.

That gets me thinking. 

Let's make a list of my Top Ten favorite Fort spots....

10. Meadows Porch

9. Main Pool

8. Marina.....especially as the sun just starts to rise

7. RC Area

6. TCD Ranch

5. Campfire Sing-along/Movie Area

4. TCD's Favorite Spot

3. Path of Awesomeness

2. Crockett's Porch

1. :huh:? :huh:? :huh:?

In the comments, maybe you all could list your top 3 or so before you comment on this update?

Maybe we will find a consensus.  Maybe somebody else will have the same #1 as me?

We'll see.

That's a great list.

I'm wracking my brain to think of a better spot than those you listed.

I can only think of a few places that you left off the list:

- the footbridge from the 600 loop to the campfire area. Maybe that's covered by your #5, but to me it's not quite the same area.

-the dog walk that runs behind the 900 and 800 loops and comes out on the 700 loop.

-along the canal behind the 1500, 1600 and 1800 loops.

-2nd level of the Pioneer Hall porch.

-the path from the Fort to Wilderness Lodge.

-the butterfly garden planted at the Reception Outpost

-the trail ride path

-Bob's dock (which might be covered by the reference to the back porch of the Meadow Trading Post).

-Clementine's Beach.

TCD

Favourite Spots:

1) view behind 1511 looking out over the Canal

2) Fireworks from the beach

3) Fireworks from TCD's favourite spot when they do  360 show

4) shoreline path between the Fort and Wilderness lodge that comes up behind RC 

It makes me a little mad to hear about how Fort guests get treated on the Magical Express. It's pretty crappy that y'all had to wait so long for the bus in the first place, but then you have to stop at four resorts before they finally let you off at the Fort? That ain't right.

I believe that I detect some foreshadowing in your story about not needing a KTTW card. More substandard treatment of Fort guests. Grrrr.

TCD

It's not just the Fort guests. We have stayed at the AS resorts many times and most times we dropped off after the mod resorts. (Usually Coronado springs & Caribbean beach)

As for waiting at the airport, we have walked up and gotten right in the bus and it left. Other times we had to wait like Aaron. Even when we stayed at yacht club. We got to the airport, checked in, and were the first inline to get on the bus. We waited about 15-20 minutes until everyone else got there and then we finally left. But we were the first dropped off at our resort.

So they drop off the best hotels first but they, in my experience, don't send a empty bus.

Hey I'm only a day behind - that's darned spiffy for me.  8)

Great stuff so far! Love the family selfies on the plane.

re: DME

I've taken it 3 times in the past couple of years and have had to wait every single time while other resorts loaded at least a couple of buses worth of people.  The last time I was the only one in the Fort line and after 3 buses had come and gone for the GF/Poly lines, a couple of CMs pointed and whispered and apparently took pity on me and put me on the next bus.  Then I waited for 20 minutes before it left.

And I was still the 5th stop.  Twice I was the very last person on the bus.

Favorite spots...

Crocketts porch (only if rockers are present)

Marina - either waiting for a boat, fireworks or EWP

300 dog walk along the canal

Whatever campsite I happen to land in

Hmmm.... favorite spots.  No real order, just listing them as they come to mind:

The entrance sign to the Fort

The first few feet on the property as you drive in, after you've checked in.... you know you're almost there!

My site, once it's all set up... haha :)

Early mornings down by the dock

Walking the loops

The sound of the music playing, inside the Meadow Trading Post

Breakfast at Trail's End

The pool

The bathhouses... I know, silly.  Maybe it's a mama thing.  Once you've bathed your babies somewhere, you've created a bond  ;)

Chip-n-Dale bonfire

The stables

I think I could keep going.... :)

Our only DME experience was when we stayed at the Poly for our Babymoon.

Like other people we were the only ones in the Poly line at the airport but we had to wait around 15-20 min to board, I was annoyed but it worked out because we realized my DW forgot our camera on the plane so she had to run to security to get it from an amazing United worker.

After our wait to board we sat on the bus waiting for another family but then we were the first stop so it wasn't too bad.

We were also the last stop on the return trip so that was really nice!

WBI

Awesome report so far Aaron!!  I do have a comment to make about DME. While yes, the Fort is a red headed step child and DME can be slow.......  It is MILES better than the old Mears experience from yesteryear.

I was reminded of that from our experience yesterday with SuperShuttle here in Los Angeles.

Get your own bags from baggage claim....

Wrestle them outside to a sign on the sidewalk to a guy with a a clipboard or an ipad

Then wait on the noisy sidewalk while they decide which van to put you on.

All of the vans are independently owned, but have SuperShuttle markings on them.

Then you are taken to your hotel.

The Mears experience used to be pretty similar to all that.

Hoop De Doo!!!!  Excellent way to kick off a vacation.  

:banana:

We must start with a GAG at minimum.......but the GAG Magic+ is even better!

My three favorite spots at the fort, in no particular order:

Path of Awesomeness

Rocking chairs on the porch at TE

The marina

Hard to argue those....all great spots.

That's a great list.

I'm wracking my brain to think of a better spot than those you listed.

I can only think of a few places that you left off the list:

- the footbridge from the 600 loop to the campfire area. Maybe that's covered by your #5, but to me it's not quite the same area.

-the dog walk that runs behind the 900 and 800 loops and comes out on the 700 loop.

-along the canal behind the 1500, 1600 and 1800 loops.

-2nd level of the Pioneer Hall porch.

-the path from the Fort to Wilderness Lodge.

-the butterfly garden planted at the Reception Outpost

-the trail ride path

-Bob's dock (which might be covered by the reference to the back porch of the Meadow Trading Post).

-Clementine's Beach.

TCD

Another excellent list......we may see some of that in this report.

Favourite Spots:

1) view behind 1511 looking out over the Canal

2) Fireworks from the beach

3) Fireworks from TCD's favourite spot when they do  360 show

4) shoreline path between the Fort and Wilderness lodge that comes up behind RC 

I will have to remember the 360 show idea.  Do they do 360 fireworks during the MVMCP?  If so, this may be an idea for November.

My favorite spot at the Fort moves from trip to trip....it's under my awning early in the morning with a hot cup of coffee.  

Granted.  That is also a good spot.  I am usually carting with my coffee if I can help it though.

Our fave is the TE porch getting a hug from Josie  while waiting for breakfast .

NTM

That porch and Josie are both awesome.

Favorite spots for me:

1- under the awning at my site (has been 400 loop recently)

2- Crockett's porch sipping on an adult beverage

3- Fireworks from the beach

And many more...

Your #2 is the same as mine.  Great minds.

and Paulette

Hmmm.  I know Josie but not sure about Paulette.

4. The FW sign on the road, because seeing that means I will soon be home

3.  My site with one of Curt's pop-ups on it, because then I will comfy all stay.

2. The rest of the Fort

1. A fiend sign!  That means fun times!

I didn't even think about the Fort sign, although I can not bring myself to put that on my list since they got rid of MM.

It's not just the Fort guests. We have stayed at the AS resorts many times and most times we dropped off after the mod resorts. (Usually Coronado springs & Caribbean beach)

As for waiting at the airport, we have walked up and gotten right in the bus and it left. Other times we had to wait like Aaron. Even when we stayed at yacht club. We got to the airport, checked in, and were the first inline to get on the bus. We waited about 15-20 minutes until everyone else got there and then we finally left. But we were the first dropped off at our resort.

So they drop off the best hotels first but they, in my experience, don't send a empty bus.

Good to know that there are other peons, not just us Fort visitors.

Too much time in the pooper and then no way to get IN the pooper!?!... I'm in-Better late than never!

Getting it at both ends SMB.

Hey I'm only a day behind - that's darned spiffy for me.  B)

Great stuff so far! Love the family selfies on the plane.

re: DME

I've taken it 3 times in the past couple of years and have had to wait every single time while other resorts loaded at least a couple of buses worth of people.  The last time I was the only one in the Fort line and after 3 buses had come and gone for the GF/Poly lines, a couple of CMs pointed and whispered and apparently took pity on me and put me on the next bus.  Then I waited for 20 minutes before it left.

And I was still the 5th stop.  Twice I was the very last person on the bus.

Favorite spots...

Crocketts porch (only if rockers are present)

Marina - either waiting for a boat, fireworks or EWP

300 dog walk along the canal

Whatever campsite I happen to land in

Better late than never Mo.  The porch is where it's at.

Oh!  I have another favorite site at the Fort - a tent full of Wild Womenz laughing so hard they can't breathe.

I will take your word for that one.

Hmmm.... favorite spots.  No real order, just listing them as they come to mind:

The entrance sign to the Fort

The first few feet on the property as you drive in, after you've checked in.... you know you're almost there!

My site, once it's all set up... haha :)

Early mornings down by the dock

Walking the loops

The sound of the music playing, inside the Meadow Trading Post

Breakfast at Trail's End

The pool

The bathhouses... I know, silly.  Maybe it's a mama thing.  Once you've bathed your babies somewhere, you've created a bond  ;)

Chip-n-Dale bonfire

The stables

I think I could keep going.... :)

Excellent list!  Even with the lost things such as the RC wagon, Settlement wagon, LM tree, tree stump trashcans, railroad, swimming at the beach, beach hammocks, River Country, sailboats (whoops, made another list) the Fort is still an awesome place.  Imagine if all of that was still around. 

Favorite spot???

Sitting on TEs porch watching DD playing.

Sitting on the Crocketts porch watching the kids play, while sitting with my DW and enjoying an ice cold beer is probably my favorite spot......but for the purposes of this trip and trip report, there is a new favorite.  This mystery spot will probably get kicked back to #2 the first time we are back on the porch in November, but for now its #1.

Our only DME experience was when we stayed at the Poly for our Babymoon.

Like other people we were the only ones in the Poly line at the airport but we had to wait around 15-20 min to board, I was annoyed but it worked out because we realized my DW forgot our camera on the plane so she had to run to security to get it from an amazing United worker.

After our wait to board we sat on the bus waiting for another family but then we were the first stop so it wasn't too bad.

We were also the last stop on the return trip so that was really nice!

WBI

I am glad your DW got her camera back.  That would have made for a trip start that really SMB.

Awesome report so far Aaron!!  I do have a comment to make about DME. While yes, the Fort is a red headed step child and DME can be slow.......  It is MILES better than the old Mears experience from yesteryear.

I was reminded of that from our experience yesterday with SuperShuttle here in Los Angeles.

Get your own bags from baggage claim....

Wrestle them outside to a sign on the sidewalk to a guy with a a clipboard or an ipad

Then wait on the noisy sidewalk while they decide which van to put you on.

All of the vans are independently owned, but have SuperShuttle markings on them.

Then you are taken to your hotel.

The Mears experience used to be pretty similar to all that.

Thanks Carol!  Mears and your escapade yesterday does sound much worse than DME.  DME serves its purpose and was better than paying a huge cab fare, but the Fort then dropped the ball on our luggage.  If we would have received our luggage as soon as it arrived or even a phone call letting us know it was there, things would have been much better. 

I love all the pictures of your kids. They're cuties.

I'm guessing your campsite is your favorite. 

My experience with DME has always been good, first or second drop off. One time when I was second, the Fort was first. 5th is ridiculous. 

Thanks Kelly.  My campsite is not my favorite although any campsite at the Fort would be my favorite over camping somewhere else.

My one experience with DME was okay, but I was the last dropoff and the first to be picked up.

Sounds like the norm

I'm in finally. Kids got big!! Can't stop thinking about DDs leg. Poor little thing. Still breaks my heart.

Three places:

Inside the trading posts

Trail from lodge to fort

Crockets porch watching dd on playground

Thanks!  DD is doing much better now.  When I think back to the time that it happened it still makes me upset.  But, she is a fighter and the toughest person I have ever met.