"As Soon As The Rude Passenger in the Bathroom is Done Pooping, We Can Take Off!" An AC in A2 Trip Report

I'm in! This is gonna be good!

I hope I don't disappoint.

I'm in... and on pg 1!!   :)

Glad to have you.

I'm making a rare evening post so I can be on page one of this epic masterpiece. Excellent start. Did you interrogate the suspect to find out what he was doing in the restroom for 15 minutes? Sounds more serious than a Code Brown.

TCD

I am so honored.  I debated trying to figure out what he was up to, but with the flight attendants saying this happens all the time, I was less concerned.  I see the security implications of this situation.  He could have been assembling something nefarious in the bathroom or retrieving a weapon from a special cavity.  You never know.  Chances are that he was just using the bathroom, but how do you know for sure.  When i get on planes now, I am running scenarios through my head and thinking about what objects I have available to me that I can fashion into weapons to defend the plane if necessary.  Sad but true.  That is just training taking over.  I am running scenarios through my head when I am in stadiums, schools, churches, etc. as well.  Sometimes that makes it hard to just have fun and enjoy the moment you are in.

I'm in!

I am happy you're here.

:popcorn:

Did you bring enough to share?

Great start!

Thanks!

I'm in also!!!!!!

Did you bring any Yuengling?

Dang ghost.

I miss her here.

One more page 1 spot!!  Get it while you can!!

Nicely played.

I am here.

First on Page Two!  Dave stole your spot.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's ridiculolous, what manager doesn't know what is and isn't working at their facility. I'm sure its been said before, but the Fort seems more like a training facility for management. Personally,

Oh!  I have another favorite site at the Fort - a tent full of Wild Womenz laughing so hard they can't breathe.

Rude server probably needed a hug.     Or a slap.  

I'm in!  Looking forward to reading more.

I agree about the bathroom on the plane, most likely he was a bonehead, but it is possible that he was running late for some reason out of his control and was about to have a big accident.  But I guess if it was a can't wait thing it shouldn't have taken 15minutes lol.

WBI

While on DME, they play Walt Disney company commercials, cartoons, etc.

I have heard some things about DME in the past and was expecting something more.  I am not sure what I was expecting but the experience was just okay.  It was a free ride from the airport to WDW, so it served it's purpose. 

After dropping off passengers at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Riverside, and French Quarter, we have arrived here:

IMG_0477_zpstyw4stny.jpg

IMG_0478_zpsclykupqx.jpg

IMG_0479_zpsm1jwfg70.jpg

DD looks like she is ready to get some fresh air while DS is reading his new Guardians of the Galaxy book:

IMG_0480_zpsua7towot.jpg

IMG_0481_zps8rzmxq5d.jpg

We went into the Outpost and checked in.  While inside the outpost, I asked about a KTTW card for the comfort stations.  I was told I didn't need one because all the comfort stations had been switched over to magic bands.  I explained that I was a more knowledgeable Fort visitor than many and had information that that only a couple had been switched over to Mickey readers, but were only working off and on and were sometimes being covered up.  The CM told me that was in fact not the case and I would be fine with my MB.  I didn't want to argue so I left with our packet and met DW and the kids outside; knowing I would likely be back later for a KTTW card. 

Since we did not have have a car, we asked if a van would take us to loop 400 to meet someone before we went to our site.  Here we are waiting for a van:

IMG_0482_zpsnbwfkbzg.jpg

IMG_0483_zpspoeye6l8.jpg

IMG_0484_zpsrqqei8pj.jpg

We will meet our first fiend in the next update (technical difficulties).

It makes me a little mad to hear about how Fort guests get treated on the Magical Express.  It's pretty crappy that y'all had to wait so long for the bus in the first place, but then you have to stop at four resorts before they finally let you off at the Fort?  That ain't right.

I believe that I detect some foreshadowing in your story about not needing a KTTW card.  More substandard treatment of Fort guests.  Grrrr.

TCD

Okay.  I am going to move on.  I thought I had pics somewhere of our first fiend meeting, but I think my pics are all at a later meeting.

We hopped in the van and were whisked to the 400 loop to meet Dave and Linda; aka Grumpy and Grandma.

We always enjoy a good Grumpy and Grandma meeting.  It was fun to catch up with them.  While meeting with them, Donnie (Stacktester) was setting up the Fifth Wheel that we were renting from him.  After a bit, we left Dave and Linda, picked up our golf cart, and went for a ride. We stopped here:

IMG_0486_zpszlmuuxim.jpg

IMG_0485_zpseygxxg5z.jpg

IMG_0487_zpsk4hjb3st.jpg

IMG_0488_zpsd8pylzzy.jpg

We have a rule that you are not at the Fort officially until you have consumed your first Mickey's premium ice cream bar.  We had an ice cream and then met with Donnie at our site.  Donnie provided us with great service.  If you need a rental, it would be worth it to look Donnie up at his website or send him a PM.  We loved having the extra space and a bathroom in the trailer.  We are renting from him again in November.

While Donnie finished setting up, DS, DD, DW, and I played catch with the baseball.

Then, it happened.  We needed to use a bathroom and went to the comfort station.

Guess what?  There was no Mickey reader on our comfort station.  Now, granted we didn't need anything to gain entry at this time, but I knew we would later.  I called the Outpost from the house phone.  They again told me I wouldn't need anything but my magicband to gain entry.  I told them I was calling from the house phone and was staring at a door with no Mickey Reader.  They put me on hold and came back 5 minutes later with a manager on the line, who told me my magic band would work.  I told him there is no Mickey Reader.  He told me there was a Mickey Reader.  I told him there probably was a Mickey Reader, just not attached anywhere to the comfort station where I was located.  I was now getting p*ssed. 

I told him to come to the 1600 loop comfort station and show me where the Mickey Reader was......he put me on hold.  He came back on and told me there was no Mickey Reader on the 1600 loop comfort station.  Huh?  I already told you that.  He put the original person back on the phone.  He told me I could come to the outpost to get a KTTW card.  I told him he could bring a few KTTW cards to me along with my luggage that had not arrived from DME, even though it had been more than 3 hours.  This CM I believe realized his boss was being an arse and offered up extra fast passes for us to use tomorrow since we had been waiting so long and were unable to use our FPs that we had scheduled for today.  Now we would have have FPs for more than one park for tomorrow.  That eased my annoyance a bit, but why talk to customers like that manager did?  What an idiot.

About 30-45 minutes later, our KTTW cards and luggage arrived.  We had somewhere to be for dinner but, needed to do some exploring first:

IMG_0489_zpswukatwmw.jpg

IMG_0490_zps34fzjl2b.jpg

IMG_0491_zpshiwxiqyt.jpg

IMG_0492_zpsjhyda9fb.jpg

IMG_0493_zpsdjyurcef.jpg

IMG_0494_zpsf7rwigif.jpg

IMG_0495_zpscg9kk6lj.jpg

BABH:

IMG_0496_zpsaz6uf7wk.jpg

Moving on:

IMG_0497_zpsc9y5duhk.jpg

IMG_0498_zpsjuag8oil.jpg

IMG_0499_zpscgj2rxhr.jpg

IMG_0500_zpsmctt1hao.jpg

IMG_0501_zpsqir2flgg.jpg

We will start to head to our dinner spot next.

I'm in!  Looking forward to reading more.

I agree about the bathroom on the plane, most likely he was a bonehead, but it is possible that he was running late for some reason out of his control and was about to have a big accident.  But I guess if it was a can't wait thing it shouldn't have taken 15minutes lol.

WBI

Glad you're here.  I agree about the 15 minutes.  I am glad DS didn't start freaking out while just sitting there waiting.  He hates thrill rides and was apprehensive about flying, but he was totally fine and is now wanting to fly instead of drive.

I'm very late, but in! 

After the last few winters, I question the sanity of anyone who lives north of Georgia. Good for you for escaping the frozen north for a bit! 

The pooper... now that's funny stuff. 

The frozen tundra SMB.  DW and I will retire to the south someday.  She just doesn't know it yet.  :)

It makes me a little mad to hear about how Fort guests get treated on the Magical Express.  It's pretty crappy that y'all had to wait so long for the bus in the first place, but then you have to stop at four resorts before they finally let you off at the Fort?  That ain't right.

I believe that I detect some foreshadowing in your story about not needing a KTTW card.  More substandard treatment of Fort guests.  Grrrr.

TCD

You are correct.....just posted about it in the last update.

That's ridiculolous, what manager doesn't know what is and isn't working at their facility. I'm sure its been said before, but the Fort seems more like a training facility for management. Personally, I would have been on a golf cart myself with your luggage and cards the minute I hung up the phone. Customer service is priority and especially when the management was totally incorrect from the beginning.

Best Regards,

Norm

I know someone always has to be last but it stinks, we were the 5th drop off and then the first of 4 pick ups.

I honestly didn't mind being dropped off last as much as why it took so long to board a bus to begin with.  Plus, I don't get why we were on a bus with POR, POFQ, SSR, and OKW?  The WL people left wayyyyy before us and the Fort is right next door.  I am sure they have their reasons though.  Not knowing the reasons is why I get frustrated many times; but that's my problem.

That's ridiculolous, what manager doesn't know what is and isn't working at their facility. I'm sure its been said before, but the Fort seems more like a training facility for management. Personally, I would have been on a golf cart myself with your luggage and cards the minute I hung up the phone. Customer service is priority and especially when the management was totally incorrect from the beginning.

Best Regards,

Norm

I agree.  I am not even a fan of the saying, "The customer is always right," because some customers are just ridiculously demanding.  But I am a fan of recognizing the customer is right, when that in fact is true.

Oh and the luggage delivery at the Fort isn't good (unless you get the special fiend delivery system we did). They called and said our luggage was up front and when we called back they said they were really busy and it would be a few hours.

I learned from the delivery driver that our luggage had been there for awhile. 

It wasn't something that I was going to let ruin my trip or anything, but we were going to go to MK for a couple hours and use our 3 FPs.  That would just have to wait.

I honestly didn't mind being dropped off last as much as why it took so long to board a bus to begin with.  Plus, I don't get why we were on a bus with POR, POFQ, SSR, and OKW?  The WL people left wayyyyy before us and the Fort is right next door.  I am sure they have their reasons though.  Not knowing the reasons is why I get frustrated many times; but that's my problem.

After many years of trying to understand how so many simple things get screwed up at the Fort, I've reached the inescapable conclusion that the only answer is that the Fort is managed by idiots.  There's no other explanation.

It's outrageous that you were calling from a house phone and someone who claims to be a manager was giving you clearly false information.  How can that even happen?

I agree with how you handled it, though.  You'd be wasting your breath and vacation time complaining about it. If you went all the way up the chain, your complaints would fall on the deaf ears of the head idiot in charge- Jose.  He clearly does not give a flip about the Fort.  He's only there until he can be moved to a nicer resort.

TCD

BTW, I am noticing my countdown banner.  It is awesome, that I am re-living this trip right now and it's under 7 months until a 10 night Fort only trip.  If I can figure out a way to make flying work, our trip could be even longer I think.  That may be a long-shot but you never know.

Honestly, these DVC APs are flipping awesome.  They are much cheaper than a normal AP.  We are taking two trips now and before these cheaper DVC APs, we would only take a trip every two years or so. 

After many years of trying to understand how so many simple things get screwed up at the Fort, I've reached the inescapable conclusion that the only answer is that the Fort is managed by idiots.  There's no other explanation.

It's outrageous that you were calling from a house phone and someone who claims to be a manager was giving you clearly false information.  How can that even happen?

I agree with how you handled it, though.  You'd be wasting your breath and vacation time complaining about it. If you went all the way up the chain, your complaints would fall on the deaf ears of the head idiot in charge- Jose.  He clearly does not give a flip about the Fort.  He's only there until he can be moved to a nicer resort.

TCD

I think the manager probably knew that these readers were in the beginning stages of installation and made an assumption based on only that knowledge.  In this case his assumption did "make an a*s out of "u" and "me".  Although my apparent rise in blood pressure occurred only after I felt like he was trying to use the jedi mind trick on me. 

This is nothing compared to an incident that occurred much later in our trip.  There was one other slight disappointment in between, but the later incident was absolutely FUBAR and had me and DW seeing brick red. 

There were a couple doses of pixie dust later on as well, so it wasn't all bad.  I don't want to give that impression.  But with the later incident, it honestly took me a long time to calm down, and if I was a really young and much more immature daddy, could have ended in me getting locked up or at least banned from WDW.  Happily, I am not 18, and have the benefit of experience and maturity.....and maybe just maybe an angel on my shoulder.

I'm in. This is off to a great start.  Glad you're here!

I have heard somewhere that management at the fort SMB. Oh wait that's here on almost every trip report.  Sad but True.....I know it was not always like that.  My parents used to rave about the high level customer service at Fort Wilderness.

TCD

It must depend on what bus you end up on when you get there. When we came back from Denver in JAN , no wait and we were the first stop, then the bus went to the Contemporary and Poly.   :huh:

In and excited to read about your family adventures at WDW.  We leave in 52 days for 1 night at the Contemporary and 7 at the Fort!

We are also contemplating buying a small resale to join DVC - most likely VGC since we live on the West Coast.  Where can I find information on how much of a savings there is for DVC AP's?

Thank you for taking the time to include us all in your trip!

It must depend on what bus you end up on when you get there. When we came back from Denver in JAN , no wait and we were the first stop, then the bus went to the Contemporary and Poly.   :huh:

You don't count.  You always seem to get special treatment because you've got Grandma with you.  This is the first I've heard of a Fort guest being dropped off by DME before the more important guests in the more important resorts.

TCD

In and excited to read about your family adventures at WDW. We leave in 52 days for 1 night at the Contemporary and 7 at the Fort!

We are also contemplating buying a small resale to join DVC - most likely VGC since we live on the West Coast. Where can I find information on how much of a savings there is for DVC AP's?

Thank you for taking the time to include us all in your trip!

Enjoy your trip.....

Current AP and 10-day hopper situation:

752 - Undercover Tourist 10 day hoppers x 2 trips

529 Current DVC AP price

654 Public AP Price

I believe we paid 482 for our APs though and they are actually premium APs. They have been doing specials the last couple years where they normal DVC price is discounted and that is when we pounce. Normally we would buy ten-day hoppers for our trips but with the APs there is a nice savings over the course of two trips. Last years deal was on premium APs but the year or so before it was regular APs and the discount was much deeper, i think like 375 maybe?

Ray can probably add more info here also.

You don't count.  You always seem to get special treatment because you've got Grandma with you.  This is the first I've heard of a Fort guest being dropped off by DME before the more important guests in the more important resorts.

TCD

Maybe it was my "GRUMPY" shirt.  :rofl3: