"As Soon As The Rude Passenger in the Bathroom is Done Pooping, We Can Take Off!" An AC in A2 Trip Report

Without further a-Doo, we will head inside Pioneer Hall:

We were seated right up front, which is always great.  Our server asked us what we wanted to drink and I ordered a beer, while DW ordered a water because she did not think she wanted a soft drink or alcohol.  Then she noticed the server bring out a Sangria for a lady nearby.  She then wished she had tried one of those.  When the waitress came back, DW told her she had changed her mind and would like to try a Sangria whenever she could get to it, but no rush.  The waitress glared at her and let out a heavy sigh and said something to the affect of "Are you sure this time?"  Now, don't quote me on that because that may not have been the exact words, but it was something close to that.  We were taken aback by the rudeness.  I guess we didn't pay enough for this meal experience?  I am not sure what happened with that and why she acted that way.  She seemed like she was having a really bad day.  She was not a nice lady......at least not during our meal.

Anyway, the meal was awesome per usual and the kids really dug the show:

IMG_0526_zpsxcrbgdnr.jpg

IMG_0527_zpsfrqbxpp0.jpg

IMG_0529_zpsq8gs5ofs.jpg

IMG_0530_zpsdwqdfg3z.jpg

IMG_0531_zpsctai3lrf.jpg

IMG_0532_zpslr2yxkxb.jpg

IMG_0533_zpsko47i145.jpg

IMG_0534_zpsfr9rzkmr.jpg

IMG_0535_zpsz6c0k1nk.jpg

IMG_0537_zpsd2jw6n1u.jpg

IMG_0539_zpstrirazd4.jpg

IMG_0543_zps21mecsrn.jpg

IMG_0544_zpseii2j21x.jpg

IMG_0546_zpsrcc9etat.jpg

IMG_0547_zpsjmajbwhn.jpg

IMG_0548_zpsemdk3l36.jpg

This new Six Bits was really cracking DS up:

IMG_0549_zpskoovmtkv.jpg

IMG_0550_zpslhjiz4te.jpg

Don't worry, DS will also crack up to the more fiend familiar and beloved Six Bits later in our stay.

DD playing the washboard:

IMG_0551_zpsjso16xuo.jpg

IMG_0552_zpswh7dy9pq.jpg

IMG_0553_zpskalbzbno.jpg

After dinner we hung out in the Settlement area a bit longer.  We'll head back outside in the next update.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's ridiculolous, what manager doesn't know what is and isn't working at their facility. I'm sure its been said before, but the Fort seems more like a training facility for management. Personally,

Oh!  I have another favorite site at the Fort - a tent full of Wild Womenz laughing so hard they can't breathe.

Rude server probably needed a hug.     Or a slap.  

I didn't even think about the Fort sign, although I can not bring myself to put that on my list since they got rid of MM.

Good to know that there are other peons, not just us Fort visitors.

MM = Musket Mickey?

HDDR looks wonderful!  That is definitely on my bucket list.

Rude server probably needed a hug.  

Or a slap.  

Maybe one of each.  I've heard the HDDR servers are among the highest paid CM's on property.  If you ever notice, they're all pretty old.  There's very little turnover there.  The problem with a place like HDDR is that the servers get paid the same whether they provide good service or not (since the tip is prepaid), so there's no incentive for them to be nice or provide excellent service.

TCD

Rude servers do SMB!

My wife has done that same exact thing numerous times, heck I bet it happens all the time at Disney, what does it matter if she got water and a sangria.  I would have asked for a lemonade a few minutes later just to aggravate her, its free what does it matter to her?

Glad ya'll didn't let it spoil the rest of the meal, sometimes something like that gets to me and ruins the whole experience.

WBI

MM = Musket Mickey?

HDDR looks wonderful!  That is definitely on my bucket list.

Yes, Musket Mickey.

You have to go one time Marty.  It's a lot of fun.

Son and Daughter almost look they are having too good of a time if that's possible. :lol:

HDDR is on our list of places to eat next trip.

It doesn't matter what we're doing really, if they are having fun, I am having fun. 

Rude server probably needed a hug.  

Or a slap.  

It honestly looked like maybe she just woke up mad that day or maybe her boss did something to anger her? 

Great HDDR pictures!

Thanks Gwen!

Maybe one of each.  I've heard the HDDR servers are among the highest paid CM's on property.  If you ever notice, they're all pretty old.  There's very little turnover there.  The problem with a place like HDDR is that the servers get paid the same whether they provide good service or not (since the tip is prepaid), so there's no incentive for them to be nice or provide excellent service.

TCD

Good points.  I hadn't thought of that.

Rude people SMB!

What was the big deal? It's customary to bring out water anyways. My DW would have ordered water and a sangria. She always orders water with her drink. I bet that would have posses her off. Besides the drinks are included.

True dat.

I have no clue what her deal was except she was having a bad day.  We have been to the HDDR several times in the past with no issues.  It was still a good time despite her. 

BTW, did Mrs. AC ever get her Sangria, and if so, how did she like it?

Mrs. TCD still talks about how bad the HDDR Sangria was the last time we went.  And, it's been over three years.  She really, really, really didn't like it.

TCD

Funny you ask.  She did get it and hated it.  The server was probably even more ticked when she walked by and noticed it wasn't being consumed.

Rude servers do SMB!

My wife has done that same exact thing numerous times, heck I bet it happens all the time at Disney, what does it matter if she got water and a sangria.  I would have asked for a lemonade a few minutes later just to aggravate her, its free what does it matter to her?

Glad ya'll didn't let it spoil the rest of the meal, sometimes something like that gets to me and ruins the whole experience.

WBI

Honestly, it probably would have gotten to me more, but when I saw the the kids having a blast, I was quickly reminded of the important things in life.

That being said, after thinking about the incidents from this trip, I did send an email to Customer Relations.  I will report back if I ever get a response.

Like I said before, you haven't heard anything yet.

That would have been me.  Any kids would have ordered all the different types of soda.  Just cause.

I never thought of it, or I may have done that.

Here's a quick update before I take off for baseball practice.......

We left off finishing up at Pioneer Hall and now we are walking around the Settlement area:

IMG_0555_zpsa955cuh8.jpg

I took this next picture to show the new coffee cart down by the marina, which I never saw open on this trip:

IMG_0556_zpsmx8p31ac.jpg

IMG_0557_zpsx9tjohk9.jpg

Waiting for fireworks:

IMG_0559_zpsfibbfl17.jpg

IMG_0560_zpsauosum39.jpg

We watched Wishes from the Marina and then went back to get much needed sleep, but not before the kids watched Duffy's storytime.  :banghead:

I know that was quick, but I have to depart for now......We had Epcot plans for the morning.  Normally our first park would be MK; without fail.  Until we failed on this trip due to the luggage fail.

Our only DME experience was when we stayed at the Poly for our Babymoon.

Like other people we were the only ones in the Poly line at the airport but we had to wait around 15-20 min to board, I was annoyed but it worked out because we realized my DW forgot our camera on the plane so she had to run to security to get it from an amazing United worker.

After our wait to board we sat on the bus waiting for another family but then we were the first stop so it wasn't too bad.

We were also the last stop on the return trip so that was really nice!

WBI

Okay... let me get this straight.  You made your pregnant wife run to security...while you sat and waiting for the bus?  Hmmm....

;)

Okay so we are done with 4 pages of pics from PB now.....that leaves only like 96-97 to go.  Not too many more......

The next morning (January 25th) we ate breakfast in the Fiver and headed to the outpost to catch an Epcot Center bus.

While we were waiting DD needed to see some thoroughbreds:

IMG_0561_zpsv5nu1nqp.jpg

IMG_0562_zpswk3gbcsy.jpg

IMG_0563_zpsjn9c3mcl.jpg

IMG_0564_zps6tye8zhw.jpg

We got to Epcot in short order and went to Guest Services to trade in our AP vouchers.  While at the window on January 25th, I saw this on the glass next to me:

IMG_0565_zpsrxdjandt.jpg

Seemed timely.

Here we are in familiar territory headed toward the tombstones:

IMG_0566_zps3krevouj.jpg

IMG_0567_zpstfazfujf.jpg

We split off because DS hates thrill rides and wanted to see Da*n Judi's ride.  DW went with DS to see Da*n Judi while I high-tailed it to Test Track with DD.

DD and I stopped to get a picture for Carol on the way:

IMG_0568_zpsbuhue8us.jpg

IMG_0569_zpsgqggn8gr.jpg

And here we are at DD's favorite Epcot ride:

IMG_0570_zpszt5wwgsa.jpg

IMG_0571_zpsllqqdmtj.jpg

IMG_0572_zpsmseyr4yb.jpg

IMG_0573_zpsrz5coemy.jpg

DD's design:

IMG_0574_zpsxtwr8083.jpg

IMG_0576_zpsj6io5nwl.jpg

Almost there:

IMG_0577_zps7lugd1pf.jpg

IMG_0578_zps6n1usx6m.jpg

IMG_0580_zpsmpaqnan6.jpg

After the ride:

IMG_0581_zps1hqbyreq.jpg

IMG_0583_zps7aa3nms8.jpg

Next we were heading to the Land Pavillion but we were waiting for DS and DW so we took a few pics in the area:

IMG_0585_zpsgbabklu5.jpg

You can see DD is wearing a pin lanyard.  She and DS bought lanyards with pins at the Settlement TP the night before; just before heading to watch fireworks.  This would be something new on this trip.  They haven't been into the pins before. 

DD had to go smell some flowers:

IMG_0586_zpscf8vpjvl.jpg

Look who came out while we were waiting for DS and DW:

IMG_0587_zpsv9jqlimc.jpg

IMG_0588_zpshrjv5g4u.jpg

IMG_0589_zpskdjmxtf4.jpg

IMG_0590_zpsqyqsobgm.jpg

We will meet back up with DS and DW in the next update.  What a great morning we were having already!

Here's a quick update before I take off for baseball practice.......

We left off finishing up at Pioneer Hall and now we are walking around the Settlement area:

IMG_0555_zpsa955cuh8.jpg

I took this next picture to show the new coffee cart down by the marina, which I never saw open on this trip:

IMG_0556_zpsmx8p31ac.jpg

IMG_0557_zpsx9tjohk9.jpg

Waiting for fireworks:

IMG_0559_zpsfibbfl17.jpg

IMG_0560_zpsauosum39.jpg

We watched Wishes from the Marina and then went back to get much needed sleep, but not before the kids watched Duffy's storytime.  :banghead:

I know that was quick, but I have to depart for now......We had Epcot plans for the morning.  Normally our first park would be MK; without fail.  Until we failed on this trip due to the luggage fail.

Even with the grouchy server (sorry that happened :(  ).... still looks like ya'all had a really nice day :)

Okay... let me get this straight. You made your pregnant wife run to security...while you sat and waiting for the bus? Hmmm....

;)

No I had to stand that whole time.

Lol just kidding it does sound bad but she actually wouldn't let me go get it and she didn't have to go all the way to the main security just a desk up one level. I think she was only four months at that point too.

WBI

DW and DS came round the bend just as we finished up with the tree rats and we went into our next destination.  We had to wait for our first FP+ so we had time for:

Living with the Land we all love.....................

IMG_0591_zpsywdqakws.jpg

IMG_0592_zpsjnazto48.jpg

Back home people were making real snowmen.  I was glad we were not those people.

IMG_0593_zpsfwlkjo1x.jpg

IMG_0594_zpsjsgvsdia.jpg

IMG_0595_zpszb6xmjso.jpg

IMG_0596_zpsl5rsdr2o.jpg

Our first FP+ was next:

IMG_0597_zpsuaadn8xy.jpg

IMG_0598_zpswsfo8hhq.jpg

Next, we went into Innoventions to play an under-rated game called:

IMG_0599_zps3aqmenzs.jpg

IMG_0600_zpsdnuzu0l2.jpg

IMG_0601_zpsaniurbrl.jpg

IMG_0602_zps1yutmyoi.jpg

IMG_0603_zpsbcciznjv.jpg

IMG_0605_zpserfsy4b9.jpg

IMG_0606_zpslbq2azdo.jpg

It's actually a pretty fun game for the kids.  They played this game a couple trips ago and when we got home they wanted to open up their piggy banks, count the money and open a bank account.  Now they have bank accounts to save their money.  If you have younger kids and time to kill sometime, you should try it. Sadly, you only have until April 29th of this year, because Innoventions West will be closing and the Piggies are going to slaughter. 

My kids will not be happy about that.  Hopefully they will fill the space with something better.