"As Soon As The Rude Passenger in the Bathroom is Done Pooping, We Can Take Off!" An AC in A2 Trip Report

Let's get something straight.  When you are preparing to get on a plane, using the bathroom should be something that takes place during the 60-90 minutes you are waiting in the terminal after you go through security.

We'll get back to that.

This trip consisted of the normal AC in A2 family members.

-Me

-DW29

-DS9

-DD6

We have been taking a couple types of trips lately.

We'll stay at Bay Lake Tower and the Fort on a split-stay and then the next trip is Fort only.

This trip was a split-stay where we stayed 5 nights at the Fort and then 9 nights at Bay Lake Tower.

So we are all on the same page, this trip took place from January 24th thru February 7th.

In Michigan, this was the situation:

4631d0a4c00513199f891a2c613feed0_zpsmlqe

Harrison Ford also called me just before we headed to the airport to tell me that my tauntaun would in fact freeze before I reached the first marker.

Despite the warning, we headed to the airport in the four wheel drive sleigh.

I don't understand people from Michigan waiting until Spring Break to head south.  It's freeeeeeeeezing arse in January and February, so we get the heck out of dodge then.  Someday, we will have to go during spring break because of sports and school, but the kids are still in elementary school and do very well so we don't think twice about taking them out of school.  Some people think we are nuts but it works for us and besides the big man upstairs, us is all we answer too.

We got to the airport in great time and through security in a jiffy.  We had awhile to wait before boarding so you know, we all went to the bathroom BEFORE we got on the plane.

Here we are after boarding:

IMG_0460_zpssvpjwbqp.jpg

IMG_0461_zps2289tprx.jpg

IMG_0462_zpsbifm2ccr.jpg

IMG_0463_zpshvbtlahz.jpg

This was the kids first time flying.  DD was eagerly anticipating this new experience while DS was trying his best to not think about it and pretend he was somewhere else.

After the last group of people boarded, a 35-45 year old male subject decided to head to the bathroom.  um, he was the last person to board.  He had more time than anyone to use the bathroom in the terminal.  But no.......straight to the bathroom, where he stayed for 15 minutes.  I overheard a couple flight attendants talking to a passenger about the people who wait to get on board before using the restroom and about how much it pi*sses them off.  The pilot can not push back from the terminal with someone in the restroom. 

Finally, the pilot showed his frustration by making an announcement that once the passenger in the toilet was done with his business, we can take off.  The message was clearly meant for only the dude in the can. 

I mean, is it possible the guy was sick or had a digestive type issue or something?  I guess.  But the flight attendants were saying this happens all the time because people think they will have a ton of time before take off once they get on the plane.  But again, this guy was in the last few people to board.  Plus, um what if a kid or elderly person was having an issue and needed a bathroom?  You just hogged it for 15 freaking minutes!  This was a resounding start to our trip!

Finally, we were airborne:

IMG_0465_zpsmr3rz3wi.jpg

IMG_0466_zpsh5bi83ho.jpg

The flight went without a hitch.  No issues at all.  DW usually does not fly well and she did great.  The kids were awesome and here we are on the ground headed toward Disney's Magical Express:

IMG_0467_zpsq6z2m121.jpg

IMG_0468_zpsnpotmqge.jpg

IMG_0470_zpspwjzlp7d.jpg

We were in our own queue for the Fort.  Right next to us was a queue for the GF, Poly, and WL I believe.

There was 5 people in that queue.  Those five were admitted and sent to a bus to be dropped off at those three resorts.

This is where they lost me.  We were the only ones at that point in the Fort line.  Why not just load us on the GF, Poly, and WL bus and drop us off after the WL?

We waited and waited while the other lines were all admitted and buses came and went.  They finally came back to us and then there were a few more people in line.  I don't get the system but it works for them so who am I to judge?  I did feel like the proverbial "red-headed stepchild" though.  Apologies to red-heads.  We want the red-heads.

Anyway, onward to the Fort on DME:

IMG_0471_zpslnedn9wc.jpg

IMG_0472_zpschmrdnuz.jpg

We made a few stops on the way:

IMG_0473_zpsmhfcjrs4.jpg

IMG_0474_zpsk2yvfxqy.jpg

IMG_0475_zpsjaoju85r.jpg

IMG_0476_zpsevmdwymt.jpg

Next stop................Fort Wilderness and an almost immediate fiend encounter.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's ridiculolous, what manager doesn't know what is and isn't working at their facility. I'm sure its been said before, but the Fort seems more like a training facility for management. Personally,

Oh!  I have another favorite site at the Fort - a tent full of Wild Womenz laughing so hard they can't breathe.

Rude server probably needed a hug.     Or a slap.  

I feel bad for the guy if he was really having belly issues but if he was just being a bone head then he SMB.

A few years ago when the plane was taking off a guy got up to use the bathroom it's a miracle he wasn't killed by the fellow passengers. It was scary because you didn't know was he going to the bathroom or to try and cause trouble. You could tell people were torn between beating him up to protect the plane or just tossing him the stink eye.

I'm in. First!

If you ain't first, you're last.

me too I am in

Welcome!

In!!!!

Becks is here!  Becks wants a coffee!

Fourth

Best Regards,

Norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just missed the bronze medal.  If you work hard over the next 4 years, you may be able to medal next time.

I'm in fifth!

That's better than needing to take the fifth.

I feel bad for the guy if he was really having belly issues but if he was just being a bone head then he SMB.

A few years ago when the plane was taking off a guy got up to use the bathroom it's a miracle he wasn't killed by the fellow passengers. It was scary because you didn't know was he going to the bathroom or to try and cause trouble. You could tell people were torn between beating him up to protect the plane or just tossing him the stink eye.

That's why I couldn't be angry. Maybe he had one of those issues that just creep up on you and hit like a ton of bricks.

I'm here and was there.

Yes you are and yes you were.

WOO HOO .My first page one . Hi , Aaron ,cute family .

NTM

Thanks Diane.  I am honored to be your first..............page one.

I like cliff hangers.

Me too.

Been waiting for this one.

I am happy to oblige.