I see that Marty started a trip report, and in it mentioned the sketchy directions she got from a CM on how to get to a Target.

Gee, the nerve of her wanting to leave the comfort of WDW property and not pay $6 for a beer and $12 for a sandwich!

Maybe we need to start a thread or an Info page on nearby stores, address's, and directions to them.  Sort of like an off site survival guide.

Or is there already one around and I just overlooked it?

I know my way around the area, and know a lot of the shortcuts and back entrances to avoid going in and out of the Downtown Disney area and the worst parts of 535 and 192.

I know Waze, Google Maps and Garmins are a godsend, but they don't necessarily get you to your destination the best way, especially on Disney's own roads.

A lot of first or second or third timers never leave the property until that darned whozit breaks and you need a hardware store or camping supply or just an adult beverage store, and they might be totally lost.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Marty started a trip report, and in it mentioned the sketchy directions she got from a CM on how to get to a Target.   Gee, the nerve of her wanting to leave the comfort of WDW property and

1-  If any of you like to go to farmers Markets, the Winter Garden one on Saturday mornings,  8 or 9 am to 1-2pm  I usually go early to get a parking place without searching for one.  Lots of parking

What ever you do if you are the passenger in a car do not distract the driver by noticing the skywriter. You may end up with the scenic route to your resort.

I have the feeling i have seen directions from the campground to Publix, Wal-Mart and Whole Foods many times on this site.  I think having them in a pinned post or article would be helpful so when asked, we can just link to the info.

The trouble I see is that what is close to FW is not close at all to All Stars.  Every section of WDW has its own off-site area that are close, it seems to me.

If I had been better prepared, I would have had this info for ASMu before I left.

I have the feeling i have seen directions from the campground to Publix, Wal-Mart and Whole Foods many times on this site.  I think having them in a pinned post or article would be helpful so when asked, we can just link to the info.

The trouble I see is that what is close to FW is not close at all to All Stars.  Every section of WDW has its own off-site area that are close, it seems to me.

If I had been better prepared, I would have had this info for ASMu before I left.

Most of the essential stores are on 535, 536, or 192. Just depends on the quickest way to get to,them.

As Marty said we've given directions to many different stores, restaurants, an attractions in the past but it was when someone asked. Perhaps if we can make a list and people who know can give us the address and give directions.

Closest Wal-mart to the Fott?

Closest Target to the Fort?

Closest Publix to the Fort?

Closest Camping World to the Fort?

Closest liquor store to the Fort?

Anymore questions?

TCD... calling Mr. TCD....

You would think I know this, but since most of my trips are short trips, I rarely leave "the bubble" when I'm at WDW. If I need beer, I just go to one of the Hess Express stations on property. On the rare occasion I need something I can't get at the Trading Post or Hess, I go out the back way to Winn Dixie.

TCD

You would think I know this, but since most of my trips are short trips, I rarely leave "the bubble" when I'm at WDW. If I need beer, I just go to one of the Hess Express stations on property. On the rare occasion I need something I can't get at the Trading Post or Hess, I go out the back way to Winn Dixie.

TCD

:sad-emoticon-msn: So, so disappointed... then again, I can completely understand not leaving "the bubble"!    The only time we step out, is a quick run to Walmart :)

Closest Wal-Mart is not really the best Wal-Mart. Closest Wal-Mart is on 535 best Wal-Mart is on Turkey Lake Rd.

Turn left on Vista Drive. Take it until it dead ends at 535 (ignore the company vehicles only sign, everyone does) turn right and stay in the center lane. At the next major intersection (Shell on right) contiune straight, road changes to Palm Parkway, at the next 4 way stop road changes to Turkey Lake Rd continue straight for about 3 miles, you will pass the Post office and Dr.Phillips Hospital. Wal-Mart is on the left.

Publix:  They also have a liquor store.

Turn left on Vista Drive. Take it until it dead ends at 535 (ignore the company vehicles only sign, everyone does) turn left. Travel about 4 miles, Publix will be on the left. You do need to turn at the traffic light (we usually make a U-turn.

Target & Sams

Turn left on Vista Dr, go to Bonnet Creek turn right, at Buena Vista Drive turn right and follow signs to Airport/I-4. This puts you on Epcot Center Drive change to World Center Dr.after you crosss I-4 going away from WDW. Stay in the right lane after you pass over I-4, turn right on 535, continue straight ( you will pass the Outlet Mall (on the left) and the other Wal-Mart on the right. Stay in the left lane until you get to 17/192 (T intersection) turn left. Go approximately a 1/2 mile Target is on the right. If you continue about another 1/4 mile Sams is also on the right. Turn right at Seven Dwarfs Lane. (KOA is there too)

Camping World:

Turn left on Vista Dr, go to Bonnet Creek turn right, at Buena Vista Drive turn right and follow signs to Airport/I-4. This puts you on Epcot Center Drive changes to World Center Drive going away from WDW. Stay in the right lane after you pass over I-4, turn right on 535, continue straight ( you will pass the Outlet Mall (on the left) and the other Wal-Mart on the right. Just past Wal-Mart is Ponciana Parkway. Turn right Camping World will be on your right just before the traffic light. You are approaching Camping World from the back side. It is right on the corner.

Home Depot:

Turn left on Vista Dr, go to Bonnet Creek turn right, at Buena Vista Drive turn right and follow signs to Airport/I-4. This puts you on Epcot Center Drive changes to World Center Drive going away from WDW. Stay in the right lane after you pass over I-4, turn right on 535, continue straight ( you will pass the Outlet Mall (on the left) and the other Wal-Mart on the right. Just past Wal-Mart is Poinciana Boulevard stay on Poinciana Boulevard for approximately 5 miles, HD is on the left.

Should have added there is another HD on 192 going the same direction as Target and Sams it is also on the left, shorter driving distance but you have to fight the lights.

Edit to make a correction and addition  at 16:26. 

As Marty said we've given directions to many different stores, restaurants, an attractions in the past but it was when someone asked. Perhaps if we can make a list and people who know can give us the address and give directions.

Closest Wal-mart to the Fott?

Closest Target to the Fort?

Closest Publix to the Fort?

Closest Camping World to the Fort?

Closest liquor store to the Fort?

Anymore questions?

These are all below I-4 and on or near 535.

To avoid congestion on 535 near Downtown Disney, leave the Fort, use 536 to the intersection of 536/535 and turn right.

Target

4795 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy   AKA HWY 192
Kissimmee, FL 34746
(407) 594-0029

S on 535 to 192.  Take a left go about 3/4 mile will be on your left in a plaza

Jo-Anns Fabric

In the Target Plaza

Publix Super Market at Poinciana Place

Poinciana Place

2915 Vineland Rd AKA 535

Kissimmee, FL 34746

(407) 396-7525

CNR of 535 AND 192

Walmart Supercenter

3250 Vineland Rd  AKA 535

Kissimmee, FL 34746

(407) 397-1125

CNR of 535 and N Poinciana Blvd

Has tire service also

There is another Wal_Mart further out on 192 about 2 miles past the Target

Wawa

3140 Vineland Rd  AKA as 535

Kissimmee, FL 34746

(407) 465-1780

CNR 535 and N Poinciana
across the side street from Wal-Mart

535 Liquor
3260 Vineland RD  AKA as 535
407-396-4411

CNR Polynesian Blvd

Near Wal-Mart

Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores

15657 Kissimmee Vineland Rd  AKA as 535

Orlando, FL 32821

Saved
(407) 238-9301

Just below the 417 FL Greenway toll road

Has Vanity Fair outlet and about 30 more stores

RACE TRAC GAS
ACROSS 535 from LBV Outlet

CVS
8242 World Center Dr
Orlando, FL 32821
(407) 239-1442

CNR of 536 and 535

These are above I-4 and off of 535 or 435

Gooding's  
Cross Roads
12521 Kissimmee Vineland Rd
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(407) 827-1200

Opposite the entrance of Downtown Disney on 535
Not a lot cheaper than buying groceries at the Meadow

ABC Fine Wine & Spirits  
11951 S Apopka Vineland Rd  AKA as 435
Orlando, FL 32836
(407) 239-0775

CNR Lake Street

Winn-Dixie  
11957 S Apopka Vineland Rd  AKA as 435
Orlando, FL 32836
(407) 465-8600

CNR Lake ST same plaza as ABC

7-11, Circle K
CNR or 535, 435, Palm Parkway, S Apopka Vineland Blvd

Walgreens  
12100 S Apopka Vineland Rd  AKA as 435
Orlando, FL 32836
(407) 238-0600

Open 24 hrs

CNR Vinings Way Blvd

Thanks.  

Does anyone know if there is an Aldi nearby?  What about a natural food store?  

My youngest is allergic to many things.  I plan to bring as much for him as I can but Aldi usually has a good selection of gluten free foods which also happen to be free of many allergens.  

But I will need a natural food store for his Daiya cheez.  I hate to go to Whole Foods because it's so overpriced but if that's my only option I'll take it.  We will actually be staying at the Art of Animation this time but I don't mind driving.  

Thanks.  

Does anyone know if there is an Aldi nearby?  What about a natural food store?  

My youngest is allergic to many things.  I plan to bring as much for him as I can but Aldi usually has a good selection of gluten free foods which also happen to be free of many allergens.  

But I will need a natural food store for his Daiya cheez.  I hate to go to Whole Foods because it's so overpriced but if that's my only option I'll take it.  We will actually be staying at the Art of Animation this time but I don't mind driving.  

Aldi is our go to grocery store.

None are close but there is one that is just a couple of turns to get there from the back way out of the Fort.

765 W Sand Lake Rd

Orlando 32809

If you are familiar with the area, Sand Lake is where that giant McDonalds is at the corner of International Dr.

The Aldi is east on Sand Lake across from the Florida Mall.

There is a Whole Foods on Sand Lake between Turkey Lake and I-4.

If you go up 435 to Sand Lake you might miss some traffic, and it used to be a pleasant drive.  Once you get past the International  Drive area on Sand Lake, the traffic gets better also.

Don't really know of any natural food stores.

Have you Googled the cheese and see what stores carry it?

Maybe you could work backwards and find a store that way.

Thanks.  We did make a stop at that big McDonalds last time so I know that area. :) So glad to know an Aldi is nearby.  Aldi, is my go to grocery store, too.  

Good idea about the Daiya cheese search.  I have done it for here local to me but didn't think about there.  Will do that now. --just looked and I can get it at Publix!  Yay!   

We use a CVS on Sand Lake Rd that is open 24 hrs and has a drive up prescription window.  Convenient for transferring a prescription at any hour from your home CVS.

Turn left on Vista Drive. Take it until it dead ends at 535 (ignore the company vehicles only sign, everyone does) turn right and stay in the center lane. At the next major intersection (Shell on right) contiune straight, road changes to Palm Parkway, at the next 4 way stop road changes to Turkey Lake Rd continue straight for about 3 miles, you will pass the Post office and Dr.Phillips Hospital. Wal-Mart is on the left. (Previous directions borrowed from G&G above)  Continue to Sand Lake Rd, turn left of Sand Lake Rd, and go about a 1/2 mile to CVS on the right in a shopping center.

For those so inclined, there is also a Harbor Freight :

Turn left on Vista Drive. Take it until it dead ends at 535 (ignore the company vehicles only sign, everyone does) turn right and stay in the center lane. At the next major intersection (Shell on right) contiune straight, road changes to Palm Parkway, at the next 4 way stop road changes to Turkey Lake Rd continue straight for about 3 miles, you will pass the Post office and Dr.Phillips Hospital. Wal-Mart is on the left. (Previous directions borrowed from G&G above)  Continue to Sand Lake Rd and turn right . Continue to Orange Blosson Trail, turn left, and go to 7089 OBT.  Harbor Freight will be on the right behind Wendy's.

We use a CVS on Sand Lake Rd that is open 24 hrs and has a drive up prescription window.  Convenient for transferring a prescription at any hour from your home CVS.

Turn left on Vista Drive. Take it until it dead ends at 535 (ignore the company vehicles only sign, everyone does) turn right and stay in the center lane. At the next major intersection (Shell on right) contiune straight, road changes to Palm Parkway, at the next 4 way stop road changes to Turkey Lake Rd continue straight for about 3 miles, you will pass the Post office and Dr.Phillips Hospital. Wal-Mart is on the left. (Previous directions borrowed from G&G above)  Continue to Sand Lake Rd, turn left of Sand Lake Rd, and go about a 1/2 mile to CVS on the right in a shopping center.

For those so inclined, there is also a Harbor Freight :

Turn left on Vista Drive. Take it until it dead ends at 535 (ignore the company vehicles only sign, everyone does) turn right and stay in the center lane. At the next major intersection (Shell on right) contiune straight, road changes to Palm Parkway, at the next 4 way stop road changes to Turkey Lake Rd continue straight for about 3 miles, you will pass the Post office and Dr.Phillips Hospital. Wal-Mart is on the left. (Previous directions borrowed from G&G above)  Continue to Sand Lake Rd and turn right . Continue to Orange Blosson Trail, turn left, and go to 7089 OBT.  Harbor Freight will be on the right behind Wendy's.

Didn't know about the Harbor Freight.

We have one about a mile from home.  Great place to get inexpensive tools, bungees, tent stakes, and simple hardware.

The CVS at 536/536 is closer, but I see that it's only open until midnight.

The Walgreens on 435 is open 24 hours.

There is also a Northern Tools and Equipment on Sand Lake on the left after you pass Orange Blossom Trail.

Address:
795 W Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32809

Phone: 407-856-5612
Fax: 407-856-5592

Hours:
Monday - Saturday
8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sunday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Winn Dixie and Liquor store (ABC)

Turn left on Vista Drive. Take it until it dead ends at 535 (ignore the company vehicles only sign, everyone does) turn right and stay in the left lane. At the next major intersection (Shell on right) turn left.  ABC and Winn DIxie are on the right about 1/4 mile, in the same complex.

Thank you to everyone for the directions.

I too rarely leave the bubble.  About halfway through our trip we visit my aunt and uncle in Lakeland (now just aunt in Brandon) and stop at Walmart or Publix on our way back to replenish groceries.

If we have a rainy day I might visit the Disney outlet.

Thank you to everyone for the directions.

I too rarely leave the bubble.  About halfway through our trip we visit my aunt and uncle in Lakeland (now just aunt in Brandon) and stop at Walmart or Publix on our way back to replenish groceries.

If we have a rainy day I might visit the Disney outlet.

There is a new back way to the Premium Outlet, the one you see from I-4 and next to the big Catholic Church.

Might add a mile, but little or no traffic.

Turn left on Vista Drive. Take it until it dead ends at 535 (ignore the company vehicles only sign, everyone does) turn right and stay in the center lane. At the next major intersection (Shell on right) go straight.

You are now on Palm Parkway.

Go thru the 4 way stop (if you turn left you can go to Winn Dixie and ABC Liquor.)

About 3/4 to a mile there will be a stop light with a road going to the right.

This is Daryl Carter parkway, the new overpass across I-4.

Cross I-4, go down the hump and at the bottom turn right onto Regency Village Drive.

Go to the stoplight which is Vineland Drive, and the outlet mall is across the street.

There is another Publix if you turn left at the light and go about an 1/8 mile on the left.

If you didn't turn onto Regency, Daryl Carter would lead to International Drive.  If you turned left and go about 3 miles you will run into the road to Sea World Central Florida Parkway (left at the light) or straight to Aquatica

Right on Central FL will take you to S John Young Parkway, take a left and you can get to Sand Lake.

If you cross John Young and go straight on Central FL, it will lead you to Orange Blossom.  Giant mall to the left and up a ways, Costco at the right of the intersection.  Another whole world of strip malls and traffic!