Any reason not to Disney world the first week of December vs the later 2nd week?

I have a dilemma.. We are planning on going either the 1-7th or the 11th-17th of December.   Which is better.  The 1st-7th is cheaper by $500 but not sure if there is a "REASON".   We have been there the second week and liked it.   Any crowd carry over from thanksgiving the prior week?  

I would think if there is crowd carry over, then it would be more expensive.  The rule at Disney is, the cheaper things are, the less people will be there.  The lower prices to entice people to come when it is less busy.

I say, go for it!

There really isn't any carry over from Thanksgiving.  That crowd tends to bug out promptly either the Sunday or Monday after Thanksgiving.

First 2 weeks of December are about the same IMO.  Busier than they used to be, but still a fun, festive, relatively-less-crowded time to go.

Would love to go that first week in December!  We have done Thanksgiving week a few times (gets more crowded every year) but not after that with the exception of the year when you got in free on your birthday (mine is 12/6).  That really didn't count for general crowd level because it was Christmas parade taping day at MK.  Main Street was closed but the rest of the park was Heaven!  Check dates for the parade taping this year and if it coincides with your trip just do another park that day.  If you like to stand in one spot for hours and "react" over and over for the camera and the overproduced made for TV parade then be sure and check on tickets.  I believe they are free (I think you still have to have park admission) but limited in number and must be gotten in advance. 

When's pop warner? That's only an issue for values?

Looks like it's the week of Dec 5-12 this year.  Resort-wise yes, they're generally packed into the Values.

They don't usually jam up the parks all that much, but you might run into the occasional group of cheerleaders here and there.

you might run into the occasional group of cheerleaders here and there.

The main difference between them and the Brazilians are the hairbows.....

(No disrespect to cheering Fiend families, I was just amazed at how HUGE the bows were at the cheer/dance competition we took the dance teams to at Disney.  Thrill's propdance team had 9 guys - Americheer/Ameridance had to hunt around and find last year's backpacks to give them as goodie bag gifts instead of hairbows.)  

Oh no. Not the cheerleaders. We ran into them on a prior trip. Lol. All that cheering. In line. While walking. While eating. Lol. It's only for a 2 days so I will check with the hubs.

Also I think the taping is the 7 and 8 th or 9th. And we leave early and do not do the parks on the last day.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be there the 11-14th, iAm kinda nervous with the light displays, do people turn them Off at 10 pm, or let them Go all night long?

I'll be in a pop up, and can only imagine the blinking lights keeping me or the kids up.... IAm all for festivness but I want a good night sleep.

We're currently booked in a full site, and I want to see the displays, but not necssilary be next to one, and advice on loops to request or avoid

I personally don't have an issue with the twinkle lights running all night long. With my shades closed, don't even see them. I've also tent camped in December, and the lights didn't bother me inside my tent. There is usually a very large display in 1600 loop, but don't know if they will return after all the grief Disney gave them last year.

I haven't been there for Christmas but have been for Halloween. The loop was fully decorated with all sorts of lights and noise making devices and it didn't bother us. For the most part the noisy stuff was turned off by the time we went to bed and the fans on the blowup decorations weren't any louder than the RV AC units everyone was running. The various lights people had didn't really bleed into our site very much and weren't even noticeable in the trailer.

I'll be there the 11-14th, iAm kinda nervous with the light displays, do people turn them Off at 10 pm, or let them Go all night long?

I'll be in a pop up, and can only imagine the blinking lights keeping me or the kids up.... IAm all for festivness but I want a good night sleep.

We're currently booked in a full site, and I want to see the displays, but not necssilary be next to one, and advice on loops to request or avoid

If you are in a partial loop, then you should be ok.  We were in 1500 last Halloween, and very few sites were decorated, and none like the spectacular displays in the other loops.

Most of the sights, if they had displays, were some LED lights, and smaller decorations.

Most tenters/PUPs have limited storage for their necessary items, so they tend to decorate more low key.

If you are in a partial loop, then you should be ok.  We were in 1500 last Halloween, and very few sites were decorated, and none like the spectacular displays in the other loops.

Most of the sights, if they had displays, were some LED lights, and smaller decorations.

Most tenters/PUPs have limited storage for their necessary items, so they tend to decorate more low key.

Yup - this.

They were getting on people with big displays last year a lot more than in prior years - for example the folks with the huge display on 1600.  Those people did shut their display down at 10pm after Disney supposedly threatened to make them take it down altogether.  I heard a few other reports of people with bigger displays being specifically asked to shut them down, but most people that just had some strings of lights or a few blow-ups were generally left alone.

Who knows what this year will bring as 2014 is the first time since they enacted the decorating "rules" that they actually seemed to try and enforce them.  Sort of.  Sometimes.