Dave Loves Beer (and his wife)....DIT and INC Celebrate 20 Years

I guess ground up bugs is not as bad as some of the artificial colorings out there.  At least they can honestly say "natural coloring".  LOL.  

As there's a bunch of this in my fridge right now, that's what I'm telling myself.  :rofl2:

Actually I wondered why they didn't just say "natural coloring" on the label. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, no I didn't!  I forgot to go back to that.     I got her a new diamond ring....basically a solitaire engagement ring.  When we got engaged we didn't have two nickles to rub together, so I got her

Time to wrap up this short trip report that I never even intended on writing until Mo forced me to.   :D   We went to Primo for a sit down dinner.  Now, I mentioned earlier that INC and I prefer casua

Ok...I wasn't going to write a trip report for our 20th anniversary trip but Mo wanted to see my pictures of beer.  So blame her.   This will be a quick one....probably just a few updates.     So May

And I like Mo's fix!

Don't encourage her.  

As there's a bunch of this in my fridge right now, that's what I'm telling myself.  :rofl2:

Actually I wondered why they didn't just say "natural coloring" on the label. 

I think because Vegans would want to know that.  It could be a requirement in Germany to disclose that.  Although I was surprised to see it in large letters on the front of the can.  I figured maybe they'd just bury it on the back?

I have no idea why, but ground up bug extract coloring still sounds more appetizing to me than coloring made from crude oil.  After all, if scientists today are to be believed, crude oil is, "transformed remains of long dead organisms."  Liquefied dinosaur remains?  No thank you! :lol:

Roh, roh.......

Don't worry....it wasn't that bad in the greater scheme of things.  

I have no idea why, but ground up bug extract coloring still sounds more appetizing to me than coloring made from crude oil.  After all, if scientists today are to be believed, crude oil is, "transformed remains of long dead organisms."  Liquefied dinosaur remains?  No thank you! :lol:

The food industry in its entirety does some things that are frightening.  On the whole, it's remarkable that such a small percentage of the population can efficiently feed billions of people....so I don't like to paint the industry with a broad brush like they are all evil.  But it does make sense to be an informed consumer, for sure.  

Keep having kids like us, and you can be REALLY old parents.  LOL.  Last year we had kids in college, high school, middle school and elementary all the way down to kindergarten.  When we go to Anna's school functions, I sometimes wonder if people think we are her grandparents.  LOL.  

That was my family growing up.  My I started college the same year my baby brother started preschool.  He will be a senior in college this year which means I am really old! :)  

That was my family growing up.  My I started college the same year my baby brother started preschool.  He will be a senior in college this year which means I am really old! :)

Makes life interesting!

We are Marriott Rewards members too. We always get information about their resorts, but have never looked into it. I think I may need to change that.

Yes you do.  But you are heading to the Fort this year....so I don't feel sorry for you.  

Oh my gosh... again, the pool looks awesome!!  The grounds are beautiful!  The lounge chairs?  Wow, I could fall asleep in those.  Flag for food service??  I've never had that luxury; what an awesome way to celebrate your 20th!!   :)

Those blue lounge chairs were awesome.  I still was more comfortable in the hammock though.  

I think I have around 2 short updates worth of pictures left and then this little trip will be over.  

Let's move along to happy hour on our final night.  

I mentioned earlier how our style is typically to hit a bar for a drink and appetizer, or maybe a shared entree, and then move on.  But there was one sit down restaurant on site that I really wanted to try.  It's called Primo, and is run by chef Melissa Kelly, who has a restaurant in Rockland, Maine and is a two time James Beard Award winner.  Primo is advertised as being an Italian/Mediterranean restaurant who's chefs "use local, farm fresh produce with the support of organic and sustainable agriculture. Primo cuisine features ingredients cultivated from the resort’s on-site Primo Organic Garden."  

Sounded like a winner.  I was sucked in by the marketing and made a reservation.  

But before dinner, we had some time for drinks and an app.  So we went back to the Lobby Lounge....home of the sushi bar, to order a repeat of the veggie roll we had on night one.  However, I also wanted to get another of those Caraway Rye beers from The Kitchen, so I had plans to head there after we were finished at the Lobby Lounge.  

In any case, here are some pics from the lounge.

Veggie roll.

20150515_170633.jpg

INC had the raspberry lemon drink again, and we enjoyed their bar mix.

20150515_164655.jpg

Since I couldn't get my Caraway Rye here, I decided to try one of these.

20150515_164705.jpg

20150515_164925.jpg

That beer ranked a solid "meh" on the DIT Beer Scale.  Too light and blah for me.  But I drank it nonetheless.  When I was done, I asked our server whether there was any way to get one of the beers from The Kitchen over there, and she said they aren't allowed to serve them but I was welcome to walk over there, get one and bring it back.  

So I did.  

20150515_173853.jpg

I was a happy man.  

20150515_173910.jpg

After finishing our drinks, we had some time before our dinner reservation, so we headed outside from the Lobby Lounge to take a walk.  

Here is the view right off the lobby.

20150515_180333.jpg

The water you see right in the foreground spills down from the lobby area and ultimately is what spills into the lazy river as the waterfalls in my earlier pictures.  They did a really nice job planning these water features.  

Looking down toward the river....you can see a person on a tube in the river.  

20150515_180402.jpg

20150515_180500.jpg

I could stand in that spot all day and just soak in the view.  

In fact, here's another.

20150515_180504.jpg

Selfie Alert!

20150515_180349.jpg

We sat a bit on a bench along the lake, and then before too long it was time for dinner at Primo.  

I'll cover that, and wrap up the rest of this report, in the next update.  

This really looks like an awesome place to stay. Is it near Universal at all? We 're kind of Disney'd out for the time being and are considering a trip down to try Universal.

Google says it's 12 minutes to Universal, and the hotel has a free shuttle to Universal, Sea World and Disney.  

Well, not exactly free, as it's included in the $30/nt resort fee.  

Nice start to the evening, but it sounds like it won't have a good ending. Just curious, how far in advance did you make the dining reservation? 

That afternoon.  

What do you think this is, Disney?

This update seemed like just an appetizer for the next post.  Too bad it is too early to enjoy a cold beer while I read it.

Go for it.  

I bet whatever happens, it's the bar nuts fault. Never ever eat the bar nuts.

No!  That bar mix was AWESOME!  

I think it was less the chair/hammock and more the fact that you were alone in the blue chair.

Ugh, adults who selfie are just sad sadistic individuals.

I know, right?