Dave Loves Beer (and his wife)....DIT and INC Celebrate 20 Years

Ok...I wasn't going to write a trip report for our 20th anniversary trip but Mo wanted to see my pictures of beer.  So blame her.

This will be a quick one....probably just a few updates.  

So May 6th was our 20th anniversary.  Or as I like to call it, the 20th anniversary of the day INC lost her mind and agreed to marry down.  Fortunately, as that is a requirement of the Fiend bylaws, it all worked out and here I am.  

In any case, we have never gotten away from our kids other than traveling to Russia to adopt Anna.  And that's not exactly a vacation.  But since we now have a college age daughter plus 2 other teens to take care of the younger kids, we decided a year ago or so that a short getaway for our 20th anniversary would be nice.  We figured we couldn't realistically get away for more than 3 nights, so going too far away wouldn't work.  That eliminated Hawaii, tropical islands, or a cruise.  We considered NYC, Charleston, or some other city, but we decided that we weren't interested in "touring", so much as doing something we NEVER get to do at home....lay around doing NOTHING.  

So a nice hotel with a lazy river came to mind.  

I travel a lot for work, and always stay at Marriott properties.  Thus, I have a lot of Marriott points.  And we have had nice stays with our girls in the past at JW Marriott resorts, especially one in Phoenix that we love that has a nice lazy river.  But even Phoenix is kind of far for just 3 nights, so we ultimately decided that the JW in Orlando made sense.  

I booked it, with points.  

And then I used Southwest points to book flights.  

So far, so good.  And no money spent.  (I spent a LOT of money on her anniversary gift....but I'll get to that later).   :D

We waited for what seemed like months (and it actually was months) until finally the day for our departure arrived.  May 13.  We picked this day because our 9 year old would be done with her homeschool tutorial program and would not have to be schooled while we were away....but Anna would still be in school and thus easier on my 19 year old.  

We had a 9am direct flight from Nashville to MCO, and I had booked a private car service with Mears to take us to the hotel.  We rode in a nice Lincoln MKT Town Car.   And within 15 minutes we were pulling up to this.

mcojw_main01.jpg

We couldn't really visit central FL and not see my parents, but they understood that this trip was about us getting away and didn't want to intrude too much, so they met us at the hotel for lunch as soon as we arrived, and then they left us to check in and check out our room.  

We were on the 21st floor with this view.

20150513_121022.jpg

That is the JW's pools and lazy river.  We were pretty excited to get down there and start floating, but first I had to take a couple more pics of the view.  

Looking to the right, which would be toward the northwest from the hotel, shows Sea World on the horizon (above the fountain), and way to the right you can make out the Orlando Eye.

20150513_121027.jpg

And then turning a bit to the left, which would be looking southwest from the hotel, you can see WDW sprawled out.  I was zooming in on my phone, so it's kind of blurry, but you can make out DJD (the golf ball).

20150513_121038.jpg

We threw on our swim suits and headed downstairs to the lazy river.  We just floated away the rest of the afternoon at this point....I forgot to bring the water camera, so didn't get any pics actually in the river.  But we took advantage of the pool bar to get some frozen drinks to kick off our trip, and wasted the afternoon away.  

Coming up....the first of many beer pictures.  And some food too.  Followed by more beer.  And more food.  

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, no I didn't!  I forgot to go back to that.     I got her a new diamond ring....basically a solitaire engagement ring.  When we got engaged we didn't have two nickles to rub together, so I got her

Time to wrap up this short trip report that I never even intended on writing until Mo forced me to.   :D   We went to Primo for a sit down dinner.  Now, I mentioned earlier that INC and I prefer casua

Ok...I wasn't going to write a trip report for our 20th anniversary trip but Mo wanted to see my pictures of beer.  So blame her.   This will be a quick one....probably just a few updates.     So May

So May 6th was our 20th anniversary.  Or as I like to call it, the 20th anniversary of the day INC lost her mind and agreed to marry down.  

Don't think you will get any arguments from anybody here.   :rofl2:

and belatedHappy-Anniversary-Mylar-Balloons-Bo1.jpg

Congrats on the 20. If I live till November 4th, Shardi and I will mark 20 (running joke she tells is that she does not believe in Divorce....Murder YES, Divorce...no). 

LOL!

We hit 20 next Christmas Eve.  I'm still debating torturing DH by making him spend it at WDW over Christmas.  Part of me thinks I've tortured the poor soul enough over the last 20 years.  :rofl2:

First!

Twenty years.  Poor INC.  She's going to have a mansion in heaven, that's for sure.

That hotel looks really nice!

TCD

She deserves it.  

Second! 

You're welcome! :)

Watch what you wish for.  

In!

Editting now that I have read what you posted so far. *blush*

You are a great husband!  A trip for your 20th sounds perfect.  A non-kid trip sounds even better.

Could you drink while floating in the lazy river?

Yes!  I routinely drank while floating in the river.  Coffee for the early morning floating....followed by beer beginning around 11.  :D

Did someone say BEER :doublebeer:

Yes, I did.  Stay tuned.

First page!

You're lucky.  I hear there is some crazy guy around here who likes to hog page one spots.  

Don't think you will get any arguments from anybody here.   :rofl2:

and belatedHappy-Anniversary-Mylar-Balloons-Bo1.jpg

Ha ha!  

Congrats on the 20. If I live till November 4th, Shardi and I will mark 20 (running joke she tells is that she does not believe in Divorce....Murder YES, Divorce...no). 

Isn't murder legal in Louisiana?  

Mmmm.......Beerrrrrrrrr.....

Yeessss. 

LOL!

We hit 20 next Christmas Eve.  I'm still debating torturing DH by making him spend it at WDW over Christmas.  Part of me thinks I've tortured the poor soul enough over the last 20 years.  :rofl2:

Who, you?  I can't believe that.  of course I can...you are nuckin futs afterall.

Congrats on 20 years!

Thanks Todd!  Won't be too long and you'll be celebrating 20 years....time flies!  

Congratulations

We hit 42 this year.

Where's the BEER?

Wow....42 years!  

The beer begins momentarily.  

I'm in!

Happy Anniversary to you and INC!

Thanks Yvonne!

I like beer, so I'll read.

Best Regards,

Norm

Glad I can provide something to entertain you.

We just celebrated 14, but we have 19 years together. :)

And it only feels like 38 years to your wife.  

I am in. Later this month will be 7 years for us.

Congrats to you and Sil!  

Happy Anniversary!  That pool and lazy river looks great! 

Husband and I just celebrated our 30th on May 10.  

Congratulations!  

Oh that pool and lazy river looks nice, good choice!!

Happy anniversary!

Our first few anniversaries we would go out to eat somewhere really nice, etc. now it's where we have the biggest gift card too. lol

Truthfully, most of our anniversaries have kinda SMB.  The worst was our 15th, which we spent cleaning up flood damage at our house.  Before this year, one of the best was #16 which we spent in Russia with Anna.  But this one was wonderful.  

Congratulations! We've spent the last few months celebrating our 25th anniversary

Congrats to you and Rick!