Thousand Trails Orlando in Clermont, FL

NaCole has asked me about TT Orlando pictures. I took a couple when we got here- mostly around my site. It's a huge place, so there's a fair amount of variation. When I get a chance, I'll take some more.

Full album:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/dougsetzer/758m3Y

Individual pics (no idea why many of these are sideways; Flickr shows them correctly):

18677548814_59c9745ed0_o.jpg

Domino's Delivers Straight to Your Site

19113927209_b7135751d9_o.jpg

Campsite G-47

19113927099_561876f255_o.jpg

Campsite G-47 in the distance

(as viewed from the street, Gypsy)

19294058892_e0ec79ab83_o.jpg

Non-functioning 50amp service

(The campground denotes their 50amp sites with a red cover to the electrical box. We parked, got leveled, and I went to hook up only to find the note "50 amp not working". I called the front desk and it sounds like it was that way for a while- they seriously need to repaint the cover!)

19112472238_36eb1f2edc_o.jpg

Campsite G-47

19273989686_74c5e1397f_o.jpg

Laundry Facilities (in G section)

(Machines take tokens. 1 token = $1. 1 load of wash = $2; 1 load of drying = $2. While it doesn't say it, the machine DOES accept $20s.)

19303966791_def425f513_o.jpg

19300029675_b73e219a70_o.jpg

18677547164_a5d3062ec4_o.jpg

Irony

(The sign says to close all doors due to very nasty but unlikely viruses carried by mosquitoes; yet the door doesn't fully close.)

15610524784_488a7bd0e9_z.jpg

Workshop in a trailer

(Saw this at Christmas. This guy had his motorhome's trailer setup as a sewing workshop.)

16232118462_e9ccb70da9_z.jpg

Motorhome and trailer workshop

16207033636_b9cd8782f6_z.jpg

"Decorated campsite"

(We did very minor decorations since we were only here a couple of days and were headed down the road. Actually, I'm pretty sure these were done by the kids.)

16232928195_33b40e4b94_z.jpg

Campsite F-8

15613081653_5ffaaa3e57_z.jpg

Campsites F-8 and F-10

16045423818_b005aff4c3_z.jpg

Campsite C-62 (I think)

(Not my camper; this was a forum (not FortFiends) friend's camper; I was lucky enough to go visit with him and his wife for a bit.)

16207034166_8b48bc886b_z.jpg

Oh the things you see

18678222174_1479e616ea_z.jpg

1 of 2 Pools at Thousand Trails

When did the laundry start with tokens? Last summer I still used quarters.

No idea, I was a little surprised by it. I went up to the front desk and got $40 in quarters before I knew it took tokens. The schmuck up there gave them to me without mentioning that the laundry changed. Why else would I want $40 in change? That's not stripper money... typically.

This TT looks 1,000 times better than the TT around here!

This one is one of their nicest, though the paved spots are really showing their use and abuse. Most of them are very much reclaimed by nature.

Thanks for the pics!  Wow... very flat.  Then again, it is Florida  :lol:   Spots look pretty spacious.  Love the pic of the random pizza guy :)

Not as magical as the Fort but, you can't beat the price!  How far are you from WDW?

Some spots are spacious, some are tight. I wouldn't be crazy about this site if I had neighbors. Fortunately it's pretty empty in the summer when we're here. Come February and it'll be a whole different story.

The pizza guy wasn't random- he was dinner. :)

THAT'S one of the nicest??? Holy crap I wouldn't want to see any of the others. We have stayed there a couple times before going to the fort. In the summer you better have skeeter repellent BEFORE you step out of the truck/MH. They consider it a "reserve" and don't spray at all. Last time we stopped there I was covered with them as soon as I stepped out of the truck.

My gosh you've barely been gone a week or so and your already resorting to cannibalism. I hate to see what happens if you decide to cross the Donner Pass. 

:( :( :( :cauldron-smiley:

:lol:

THAT'S one of the nicest??? Holy crap I wouldn't want to see any of the others. We have stayed there a couple times before going to the fort. In the summer you better have skeeter repellent BEFORE you step out of the truck/MH. They consider it a "reserve" and don't spray at all. Last time we stopped there I was covered with them as soon as I stepped out of the truck.

From what I understand, I think the TT have really gotten run down...unfortunately :(

My gosh you've barely been gone a week or so and your already resorting to cannibalism. I hate to see what happens if you decide to cross the Donner Pass. 

:( :( :( :cauldron-smiley:

I was thinking the same thing!!!!

There is a County Park (Orange County) about 40 minutes away called Kelly Park. It's in Apopka

I did a mini trip report about the tubing there called Rock Springs Run

There are 26 sites, roads are packed dirt.  I don't remember if there were pads at the sites, but they each have a fire ring!

Here is a link to the county page with information

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/Portals/0/Library/Culture-Recreation/docs/Camping%20at%20Orange%20County%20Parks.pdf

There is a County Park (Orange County) about 40 minutes away called Kelly Park. It's in Apopka

I did a mini trip report about the tubing there called Rock Springs Run

There are 26 sites, roads are packed dirt.  I don't remember if there were pads at the sites, but they each have a fire ring!

Here is a link to the county page with information

http://www.orangecountyfl.net/Portals/0/Library/Culture-Recreation/docs/Camping%20at%20Orange%20County%20Parks.pdf

That's right... I remember the pictures of your tubing experience now :)   Thanks!

That's right... I remember the pictures of your tubing experience now :)   Thanks!

It wasn't much, no Hoop De Do, wagon rides, etc.  But you could stay there for a week for the cost of 1 night at the Fort.

The campground has a separate road over to it once you go past the check in, and a walkway over to the Rock Springs part, so the day people don't have a reason to be in the campground portion at all.

Thanks.  We're trying to decide if we want to come to the Orlando area, without staying at the Fort (feels so strange!!).  But yes, Disney is NOT cheap and we already have some trips planned so...

You get used to it. :D It's a little more driving*, but really no extra time compared to Disney transportation.

* with this trip, we found that we just as quickly jumped in the truck to get to anywhere but Magic Kingdom, Epcot, or the monorail resorts.