Work, the Fort, Thousand Trails, more work, and new friends.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having fun is something we do well.. that and spending money. Sadly, spending money comes very easily for us. :D     No kidding on this. What I had forgotten about with driving up in a metro area

I only have a few pictures left. By this point, it is Saturday, July 11 and we're leaving on the 12th to take 2 days to get to Stone Mountain, GA. As I mentioned, we spent the end of morning and early

The boy faking the peanut reaction deserves to be beat. I mean literally, taken outside and beat. Irritates me.

Continue to love on your wife. .. no better example for your children :)

Breakfast at TE... how did you wait so long!? Man I love that place (that and the puffed french toast at Crystal Palace. ..that stuff is just too good!!).

The sign made by the Fiend, my goodness that is awesome! Quite beautiful actually.

Great pics :)

Great trip report. We drive from Maryland and take 2 days. Usually we stop at South of the Border for the night. This year, who knows. We will have out grandkids with us, 4, almost 3, and 15 months. They love Disney as much as we do. Right now they go to Disneyland a lot because our son in law is stationed at Camp Pendleton in California. In the spring they will be back on the east coast.

Hopefully the heat will let up a little for you. When it's really hot, we don't go into the parks until about 4 and stay until closing.

My granddaughter, the 4 year old, doesn't like the loud fireworks either. In fact, it really scares her. She has ear protectors that are always taken to the parks.

Have fun!!!

The boy faking the peanut reaction deserves to be beat. I mean literally, taken outside and beat. Irritates me.

)

For real. If I would have been there I would have lost my mind and probably caused a scene. What a jerk. It's hard enough to get people to understand allergies can kill people and then for people to do stuff like that doesn't help. Ugh

You are witty. The "knowledge drop-boom" made me lol, like for real lol at 5am.

I've used the panic button more than once to find my car, what did people do before they had them??

Thanks for posting the tusker house pics! Not only are they adorable I think they are the first pics I have seen of the characters there. The last time we went to AK (2012 I think) they started the character meals like 2 days after we went.

Good job on a well rounded breakfast as TE :)

Is that giraffe mooning us?

Your breakfast plate looks just about right.  The only thing I see missing are the grits.

I make it rain at that show too.  I have yet to see the finale.

I don't think it is. I clicked on the link to Flickr and then zoomed in... I think the skin pattern and tree make it look that way. But, if you really want- here's a dinosaur's butt:

19620218339_e8f4731811_z.jpg

(I took this picture so that I can send it to coworkers and say, "Kiss my bony dinosaur butt!")

Grits? I think I attempt to try grits on a regular basis and my wife reminds me that I call them "gross cream of wheat". So I pass. I honestly don't recall what they taste like.

I like the placemat adjustments you made. Much more interesting and accurate.

I feel like they helped. My daughter laughed, but explaining it to my son was fun...

Very, very funny commentary!  Good job.

Good thing that you all got a chance to meet Baymax and Hiro- they are now gone (for good most say).

That photo of you in the 3D glasses is definitely in the Muppets show.

I am very interested in hearing about this exciting event that happened at the Cape May Café.

I was telling my wife that I think Baymax and Hiro had a good run, but their time was up. It was a good movie, but didn't warrant always having an attraction. And Cape May Cafe.. I think I left y'all hanging long enough.

Continue to love on your wife. .. no better example for your children :)

Breakfast at TE... how did you wait so long!? Man I love that place (that and the puffed french toast at Crystal Palace. ..that stuff is just too good!!).

The sign made by the Fiend, my goodness that is awesome! Quite beautiful actually.

Great pics :)

So, the funny truth is that we weren't huge fort people before these last couple of stays and literally didn't know much of anything that was there. For Fort things, we've done the pool a couple of times, HDDR, and now Trails End once. But that's really it. :)

So, I think the boy was either faking or more likely grossly exaggerating and being overly dramatic. He actually reminded me quite a bit of someone that I know. I dunno.

Great trip report. We drive from Maryland and take 2 days. Usually we stop at South of the Border for the night. This year, who knows. We will have out grandkids with us, 4, almost 3, and 15 months. They love Disney as much as we do. Right now they go to Disneyland a lot because our son in law is stationed at Camp Pendleton in California. In the spring they will be back on the east coast.

Hopefully the heat will let up a little for you. When it's really hot, we don't go into the parks until about 4 and stay until closing.

My granddaughter, the 4 year old, doesn't like the loud fireworks either. In fact, it really scares her. She has ear protectors that are always taken to the parks.

Have fun!!!

I've always wanted to stay at South of the Border, but we generally don't make it that far the first day and by the second day are ready to go further. But it's almost the exact 1/2 way point for us. I've heard it's a good overnight stop.

I am so jealous of your wife ...

Aww, thanks. :)

You are witty. The "knowledge drop-boom" made me lol, like for real lol at 5am.

I've used the panic button more than once to find my car, what did people do before they had them??

Thanks for posting the tusker house pics! Not only are they adorable I think they are the first pics I have seen of the characters there. The last time we went to AK (2012 I think) they started the character meals like 2 days after we went.

Good job on a well rounded breakfast as TE :)

I noticed that you were up at 5am and to know I made you LOL, that makes me happy. Thanks!

That walk, however, did not. I walllllkkkkkeeeeedddd so far! The character pictures were cute. As I mentioned, there are a bunch more on Flickr- but it's really most of the same (individual + together posed, getting autographs, and hugs).

It was a heart-healthy meal. My heart definitely got a workout afterwards, I mean!

Ok, I did the clickbait cliffhanger, and like most- this one isn't nearly as exciting as you'd be left to believe.

I realized back in December that I have only ever *heard* of Florida alligators but had never seen any. My daughter claimed she saw on at the lake in Thousand Trails Orlando, but she was back fishing with another family and you know how 10 year old imaginations are. (i.e., she's my kid and makes stuff up.)

So in February, I decided to start asking around if alligators were just some myth propagated by the Floridia Department Of Story Telling & Tourism. Everyone said, "oh yes, there's alligators here" but when pressed responded, "no, I haven't ever saw one, but they're here". Back on our anniversary trip, I even went so far as to tell our drivers that I would tip extra if we drove by alligators. I looked in every drainage ditch, stream, and puddle of water. And, you know what- no flipping alligators.

I am positive- ALLIGATORS IN FLORIDA IS SIMPLY A MYTH AND A TOURISM STORY. Now, you'll come here and post "no, they're real". But I won't believe you. Not one red cent.

Disney almost had me. We went to dinner at Cape May Cafe and while walking across the bridge from where the bus dropped us off (boats stopped running due to the storm), there were a collection of people peering over the rail. I didn't think anything of it until my daughter piped up, "they said there's an alligator there." I did my best formula 1 hair pin turn with my daughter in the wheel chair and went back.

Sure enough, down at the edge of the water was an alligator's face just peeking out. The kids were collecting things to throw at it- supposedly it moved if you hit it or got close.

I took a picture or two and walked to dinner happy as a clam (which I would soon devour many of).

19238729176_37fb3c41ba_z.jpg

Sadness set in later.

When I realized something.

This was Disney after all.

Clearly it was animatronic.

---

Anyway, Cape May Cafe was a first for us. I didn't really know about it until one of the trip reports here (Carol's, I think). It was pretty good. I'm still not a fan of buffets, but it was good. Maybe so good, in fact- I don't seem to have a single picture from it.

So, moving right along- we seem to have left there and took a boat. It's a good thing because it appears that an alien attack occurred:

18649179854_81c39d34a4_z.jpg

Fortunately, Hollywood Studios was unaffected. I don't recall if we had FastPasses or took advantage of short lines. But little dude is finally 40" tall and that opens up a plethora of rides to him. And, much like his big sister, he's kind of a bad-ass when it comes to rides. Might as well go big or go home- first up is Tower of Terror. Fortunately, we are frequent riders on this and I was able to give him advance notice to literally everything that was about to happen from the Twilight Zone intro to getting funneled onto cars to it going black to.. etc. Here we are before hand:

19086402909_117880383e_z.jpg

He did good. He did, however, say that once was enough and opted out of riding it when sister and I went another time a few days later. The woman at the PhotoPass counter gave us a little pixie dust and gave us the 8"x10" printed photo because he was awesome (and she and my wife were talking while we were up on the ride). For days, he carried the photo around. Here's us in the ride photo:

19271501961_63ddedcda7_z.jpg

(I picked a terrible time tending to my hair!)

Then there were fireworks. I have to say, these Hollywood Studios are coming in hot for my favorite WDW fireworks. I think they really do a nice job.

19245891716_4038ed1e64_z.jpg

Random ToT-shot:

19085767059_5ba51820f3_z.jpg

And then we headed out for the night. Back at the camper, I was getting water out of the basement (jugs of water, not like "oh dammit- WATER!"). I noticed the neighbors give you a real nice show ..... of their TV.

19245630336_2e6aa1b9f0_z.jpg

We went somewhere the next day... apparently by boat. I sat up front with the kids - thinking it might be cooler with a breeze. I was wrong. We got stuck behind some boats near the waterbridge who were taking the no wake zone incredibly serious. We were going soooo slow. Gave us time to see things- probably a monorail:

19275537111_c7efd9b1fd_z.jpg

Remnants of a boat:

19086417879_4b89929fb6_z.jpg

Traffic jam. The boat on the right was the one going super slow. This was once they got over for us to pass.

19263433982_0dd67b4c07_z.jpg

Ahh, I see- we were headed to the Magic Kingdom and go to visit with Talking Mickey:

19275851561_ce32b53fe7_z.jpg

19245827116_99bb94eed1_z.jpg

It was REALLY hot out. So hot that I noticed my phone was overheating:

19238882456_68821ffdb8_z.jpg

We continued on our Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom quest. Just FYI, we're winning. We don't even have our ninja suits on:

18649192144_f183b0546c_z.jpg

My wife's grandmother is a huge Hershey's chocolate fan. I found it funny to see it in one of the shops:

19268655441_1878dafff2_z.jpg

We haven't ridden the river boat in forever. So we did that. Pretty cool views of the ride.

19084380898_101bdec641_z.jpg

The other day, when we got off of the People Mover and where on the downhill moving walkway, my son laid on the floor. I had no idea what he was doing and just yelled at him to get up. On the boat, he did it again:

19269003701_381958148e_z.jpg

19084101000_8434029dd4_z.jpg

We finally realized that he was saying it was a slide (the floor was sloped) and he was sliding down it. Only he wasn't moving. Oh to be 3 again.

View of the Haunted Mansion:

19077209578_9aebff5705_z.jpg

And then we weren't planning on watching the Fantasy Football of Magic Parade, but we happened to walk past a corner that the kids could have front row views. It was full son, but the parade was almost right on top of us. Here is the opening act.

19085517629_a0528e3a03_z.jpg

Honestly, 3-stars. Their performance was a little weak.

See, right up front.

19085503168_8417821918_z.jpg

(Though, my daughter did move back a little so smaller kids could get in front of her.)

Mmmmm.. fish and chips:

19081788610_df3da516aa_z.jpg

And, lets be honest- this is why we watch this parade. Scary people on stilts and a MO-FO-FIRE-BREATHING-DRAGON!

18651424933_b5e9b05ba9_z.jpg

19271542221_e4ee7b8b93_z.jpg

A quick parade tip. Spend the ridiculous amount of money on those Mickey hands. Squeeze your oversized and always sweaty man-hand into them (or hands, if you're not operating a camera). Then, stand directly behind your kids with a big goofy grin and wave like a mad man. The characters can't help but chuckle and wave back. And even the dude that was eaten by the dragon will take notice of you.

19245719176_0ac74f9b36_z.jpg

Your kids will love it because they feel like the folks are looking straight at them.

More fire because, FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

19239070666_2361e9c851_z.jpg

Hidden Mickey? Or am I just make believing?

19245620346_3e029197a1_z.jpg

(If it is- I also saw one on someone else's trip report. Which makes me wonder if this isn't intentional by Disney??)

The tallest dwarfs you'll ever see:

19264781565_febebcc77d_z.jpg

Crazy hair and Chip or Dale (fully clothed, as opposed to the Magic Mike moment that TCD saw).

19245885026_8cc3c6d740_z.jpg

And then the King and Queen themselves.

19080061290_4f56df108c_z.jpg

Well, I'm glad that you finally saw an alligator. 

Even if it was an animatronic one.

Very nice job on the dragon fire photos, and with the smoky Hidden Mickey.

TCD

Okay... don't laugh at me, but was the gator really an animatronic?? 

Nah, it was real. I'm pretty certain it was real.

Alligators are not only real, they love Dove ice cream bars.  At least the one that lived in the pond next to my dorm in Gainesville did.  Of course, we were all told not to feed the gator.  But since when do college students listen?

That's funny. I'll grab a Mickey snack bar next time and chuck it.

Okay... so I'll make sure that we don't get to close, if and when we actually do see one :)   Of course, I will be completely fine if we NEVER see a gator... that or the bears that are rumored to be around the Fort.  I am okay, if it's just a "rumor" :)

That's funny. I'll grab a Mickey snack bar next time and chuck it.

NOOO!!!  Save the Mickey Bar!!  :)

Alligators are not only real, they love Dove ice cream bars.  At least the one that lived in the pond next to my dorm in Gainesville did.  Of course, we were all told not to feed the gator.  But since when do college students listen?

Not to mention small dogs and cats. My little brother had one that lived in the drainage canal (sounds so much nicer than the ditch it really is) and was known to have eaten one or two whose owners were careless enough to let them run loose.

Not to mention small dogs and cats. My little brother had one that lived in the drainage canal (sounds so much nicer than the ditch it really is) and was known to have eaten one or two whose owners were careless enough to let them run loose.

That was actually my next plan of attack in order to see a fabled Florida alligator. I was going to get me a little yippie dog, a couple of pounds of chicken, and a big stapler and I was going to go "fishing" along canals.

After the parade, we decided to try and cool off a little in the Tiki Room. I'll be honest, I miss the Aladdin-bird version. This one bores me, but it's cool enough and a good time to rest.

19085559749_190c2b8ded_z.jpg

And truthfully, my favorite part is the totem poles.

19084047240_d686234250_z.jpg

We did some more Sorcerering on our way to our Mine Train FastPasses.

19084360758_8eaf3cddc8_z.jpg

Family Selfie. Of all of the new rollercoasters opened to him, this is still his favorite.

19265828732_b579716476_z.jpg

In regular life, my son has decided that haircuts are akin to torture. We've only gotten him 4 or 5 haircuts and only 2 of them were done without screaming and crying. Bribes don't even work. In fact, his last haircut was done by Mom after she and Grandma had to leave the barbershop without him getting it cut (fortunately, it is my step-brother's barbershop). But, he was cautiously excited to get a haircut at Disney- but made us agree that no clippers would be used. Quiet cutting only. We agreed that I would get mine and he would get his. But, I've been burned before- I made him go first!

19084090250_eee0e4dc7b_z.jpg

Pretty soon, we both were in the chairs.

19085596990_a7540260ff_z.jpg

And she spiked it up. He looked really cute.

19086075179_cdb9854628_z.jpg

Clearly we are on a boat. We headed back to the fort for a while. I checked the price of the framed Fun at the Fort picture. And we seem to be back on a boat after dark. Seeing the electric parade is really cool up close:

18651390603_30c4a0c0f0_z.jpg

Ahh, now I see and remember, we had Wishes FastPasses. These are really good for our family as we aren't the ones to stake out a spot ahead of time. Having guaranteed spots for Wishes works well for us.

18645215434_90fffa09a4_z.jpg

I have a bunch of fireworks pictures, but I'll try to summarize it up in a couple:

18650740534_792d38ab7a_z.jpg

19246123396_b4d6d63bc9_z.jpg

Aftewards, we checked the Space Mountain times and saw that they were short so we headed there. Did the ride, for some reason I took a photo of our photo (I really have no idea because it's unremarkable), and then finally hit up the photobooth back there. My wife and I tried, but it wasn't working. This time it was and my daughter and I had some fun. She then kicked me out and took her own. I laughed very hard when I saw that there was a screen showing what was happening inside!

19080104668_2c2b640659_z.jpg

(Bear that in mind if any of you have vision of anniversary antics in there!)

Then we all went and drove cars.

19085358128_ec08437da1_z.jpg

Wandering around- I took a quick shot of the castle.

19273617061_8c8f76706c_z.jpg

And of the clouds and moon.

19276074801_2425115203_z.jpg

We either had FastPasses for Big Thunder Mountain or made our way there and were directed to the handicap entrance. I noticed that they had a legacy sign still hanging, "No Selfie Sticks":

19243296856_b6c8d3cd43_z.jpg

I think this was my son's first ride on it. He didn't like waiting outside and was determined that he would hate it. But, when we got inside and he saw it was a train- we won him over. I have a feeling that he's going to be like my daughter, forced to get on rides that he doesn't want to but loves them in the end. Yes, I'm *that* dad.

19275816301_2c5beb2692_z.jpg

We hit up Splash Mountain because there was no wait.

19085645139_cc862b298b_z.jpg

And, actually rode it twice because there was no one waiting to get on. That closed the park down at midnight and we headed back.

The next "morning", ok 1pm- we finally made our way out. We stopped for some obligatory photos:

18649219314_3b2fd6bd8b_z.jpg

And noticed some mean looking clouds.

18650535534_2fc6eda8e5_z.jpg

But, it was warm and snuggly inside.

19082092550_122225efc4_z.jpg

We let the boy act like a dog for a bit.

19084602898_8073e16e77_z.jpg

And then we realized that we forgot the stroller's cover. We split up with me jumping off at the Wilderness Lodge to catch a boat back to the Fort. And then we fell into some weird timewarp:

- I waited for the return boat

- I walked back to the camper

- I moved my truck to help the neighbor across the street be able to park (people with their obnoxiously large fifth wheels)

- I waited a bit while they parked

- I parked my truck

- I waited for a boat to Magic Kingdom

- I waited for the ferry to the TTC

- I waited for the Monorail to Epcot

In the meantime, my wife was pushing my daughter in the wheelchair and my daughter had hold of the my son in a stroller:

- She got to the Magic Kingdom to find out that the Monorail was down

- She got on the ferry to the TTC

- She got on the Monorail to Epcot

In all of her travels, hundreds of people were walking in the same direction. Only 1 person stopped to ask if they could help her (one of the downhill descents at the Monorail).

By the time that we all got to Epcot, it was well after 3pm and we had missed most of our FastPasses for the day. Guest Relations to the rescue- they gave her FastPass replacements for the things that we missed.

While back at the fort, I saw this photo that I've already shared- a kid driving 4 kids and a dad on a Disney cart:

18648811493_413119ec6d_z.jpg

The upside to my Ferry ride alone is that I wasn't encumbered by a stroller and could actually go upstairs. I'll be honest, I couldn't figure out why there was a sign on the steps that said "no sliding down the steps". It took me a bit, but I finally realized it simply meant "no sitting":

19084335380_0ff0270085_z.jpg

I sent this selfie to my wife to brag about being upstairs.

18644638723_e929321987_z.jpg

(What I got in return is not publishable on a family forum.)

I got this picture of the Contemporary. It's kind of fun seeing it since we stayed there- I can still basically pick out our room.

19271762085_9aaa5d3d2e_z.jpg

First up, we went to Soarin'. This was another first for my son since he was now 40" tall.

19077356188_bf33a1ba55_z.jpg

Outside of Soarin', we hit the food court for something to nosh. Again my wife got the coconut macaroons and again loved them.

After that, we headed to our absolute "MUST", "MUST", "MUST" do. On the way, the kids were being cute for a change:

19084080530_64f912f5d8_z.jpg

And here he is- my daughter's "I'll die if I don't get to finally see him, DUFFY!" Ok, she didn't say any of that. But, seeing Duffy was very important as we've just missed him the last few Epcot visits with my daughter. (Including tears, running, and offers of international purchases last time.)

19269717725_0394146033_z.jpg

I'm not sure how much you can see here, but looking at this photo, we have:

- sister is in a Duffy t-shirt

- Duffy is hugging sister's Shelly Mae bear

- Brother has a Duffy bear

It was very Dufftabulous. And sister was VERY pleased. It makes me happy to make her happy.

19269056111_4aacbd1e44_z.jpg

I'll leave us here since I'm at photo limit and we walked around the world, had some dinner, and did some other stuff.

Great photos and still reading along, right now at Forest Lakes TT park, North Carolina trying to eat our way thru all the BBQ restaurants!!!!!!!

Ha! I'm in Cincinnati and have been trying to get BBQ for a week+ now. My wife hasn't let me yet!

Have you ever been to Sweet Lucy's on I-95 in/near Philly?

I'm really enjoying your trip report. I hope you keep posting about your adventure. Thank you for sharing. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm glad that you're enjoying it! I try to keep the blog up to date, but that's harder said than done. :) But I'll keep posting stuff to it!

Nope where about is it?

I see now- above Philly, but below Levittown (where my family is). Great place.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sweet+Lucy's+Smokehouse/@39.9978334,-75.0790387,10.38z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x37320d57077e444d

http://www.sweetlucys.com/

I left off with us seeing "IT'S DUFFY!!!!" Daughter was happy- she finally got to see someone in a custom shaped like Duffy. She makes me happy- she knows it's a costume, there's no magic, and yet she still gets excited about it. Ehh, who am I kidding- I do the same for Buzz Lightyear and Jack Skellington.

Exploring the World Showcase is new for us. It helps that my daughter has an Epcot Passport and was looking for stamps. First, we went to Mexico.

19268792241_bf9cf2832f_z.jpg

No margaritas, though I was tempted. I'm just too cheap for a $10 drink.

As you can see, my daughter has the same sense of humor that I do. "Here, hunny- take a selfie of us.", "Ok <laughter> <more laughter> <even more laughter>". Yes, she thought she was that funny.

19276704241_4e57da04ab_z.jpg

She took a good one, but you'll have to look on Flickr for it. This one is all you get- because, well- remembering it makes ME laugh.

The ride:

19084580300_73522b6cac_z.jpg

Then we went to Norway and saw a troll or something. Honestly, I was just happy to find something with a bigger nose than mine. See:

19271919735_c080123662_z.jpg

I grossed everyone out by slapping an ole kiss on it:

19079042929_0636d3a2d1_z.jpg

Then apparently I was hot... a HOT FRENCH GUY. Check this out!

19085634259_8017d09599_z.jpg

This "statue" (is that the right word? fixture? decoration? terrible seat?) was covered in ants in all of the cracks. It was really kind of gross.

19264903735_af730b6dac_z.jpg

Unlike TCD, I stayed firmly in 'MURICA! for my English meal.

19275557591_1ccb9b9702_z.jpg

19272826025_d613005460_z.jpg

I was so hungry, BRRRRRAAAAAIIIINNNNNSSSSSS:

18647183454_c090c250f6_z.jpg

Dinner-time entertainment, ice stacking:

19272153335_93871dc332_z.jpg

For dinner, my wife got fish & chips and I got something English-y; I don't remember what, but remember only sort of liking it. For the fish & chips, my wife said she preferred the ones at the early American tavern-place in the Magic Kingdom a little bit better. They sure looked the same to me. No pictures of our food, though I swear that I took some.

If I recall, that is the cut off between our Fort stay and our Thousand Trails stay (especially based on the next picture).

Someone recommended a route going into the Fort from the backway through Flamingo Crossing. Whoever this was, thank you! This saved us a bunch of time avoiding 192 and we weren't on I-4 at all. I took 192 one time and remembered how much I preferred this back way. So, if you're staying at Thousand Trails Orlando or Lake Louisa or something else out towards Clermont- turn at the Wawa (see mapped directions).

So, here we are heading in on the evening of June 30.

19543683582_e9800ee34f_z.jpg

Looks like a Magic Kingdom kind of day.

19350814448_2f737b2db6_z.jpg

Artsy balloon picture. Look the castle is from UP:

19538736265_c937eefb3f_z.jpg

Funny-to-me story- I think the couple all in white there stopped a Photopass photographer to ask for a picture of the baloons. It took a couple of tries to get the photographer to understand that they didn't want to be in the picture; they just wanted a picture OF the balloons. Silly kids.

Random castle picture:

19352226079_2912be9f09_z.jpg

So apparently there was some kind of "incident" in one of the Fairy Tales with Belle rooms and it wasn't being used. As far as I can guess, some kid upchucked. I don't know. What I do know is that our FastPass wait was like 30 minutes.

18916196394_333b71b328_z.jpg

I think Lumiere is really cool.

19350772120_0bc8a01b83_z.jpg

Moving right along, we had FastPasses that we were barely making for the Haunted Mansion due to the wait.

18917833223_dbb03490c0_z.jpg

I pulled a hilarious dad moment and right as the stretching room went black, I grabbed my daughter and growled. I *thought* we would be OK since we've done this many times and she knew the darkness was coming. Apparently I was wrong- she didn't scream (sadly, because I'll admit- that would have made me laugh), but she did end up crying. I chuckle still because scaring me is one of her favorite pass-times. You dish it, you take it, is a family motto. I won this one, even if I did feel a little bad. But, on the bright-side, I got to ride with the boy:

19542969591_32b632ce06_z.jpg

(To explain how traumatized she was, through-out the ride, she would poke my wife and whisper "boo!" Clearly, she learned her lesson.)

Next up is my favorite part of It's a Small World, the you're finally done with that damned song room:

19550448435_9cc8c7f193_z.jpg

Next up, my son FELL. IN. LOVE.

19363931489_ba6fd1aeba_z.jpg

We did that picture, and then a picture with him and Tinkerbell, and then my daughter and her. We saw my son just standing there, eyes lit up, sort of leaning forward. We finally asked him if he wanted to hug her? He got the biggest smile and ran to her.

19362518708_23db414f1f_z.jpg

In the gift shop, he NEEDED this costume.

19363924309_4d4cd46e34_z.jpg

(Fortunately, my camper is already overweight and that lets me say NO a LOT.)

And that was it for our night. Getting back to the TTC sucked. That monorail line was down. The Ferry had a huge backlog of people and we thought we were being tricky by taking the resort monorail around to the TTC. Us and many, many friends. It took a good 30 minutes until we made it up. The only good part was we had the wheelchair and got special seating because of it.

It was kind of cool to see the monorail tow setup.

19543005891_b592ed5f59_z.jpg

We have decided that the boat likely would have been a better option since they can put so many more people on it at one time.