Four Seasons Private Residences

The Four Seasons people issued a press release today:

Golden Oak at Walt Disney World Resort Welcomes Four Seasons Private Residences August 7, 2015

Lake Buena Vista, Fla. (August 7, 2015) – This week, Disney began sales of Four Seasons Private Residences Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, the most recent phase of development in the luxury resort-residential community of Golden Oak. Nestled within Golden Oak and offering private entry to Four Seasons Resort Orlando, these single-family custom homes will feel like an extension of the Resort with amenities just steps away.

New to the Central Florida market, these unique residences will offer a luxury lifestyle featuring personalized service delivered by Four Seasons. In addition to the benefits and amenities that come from living at Golden Oak, owners of Four Seasons Private Residences will also have a private entry and access to the amenities and services at the neighboring Four Seasons Resort Orlando, which includes a full-service spa, five pool areas, tennis courts and six onsite restaurants.

The Resort will also offer these homeowners in-home á la carte services such as spa treatments, residential cleaning and in residence dining and catering for parties. Residents will also have á la carte access to the Kids for All Seasons program for an additional fee. All services and amenities available through Four Seasons Resort Orlando will be overseen by a dedicated Residence Manager.

"Homeowners at Golden Oak have the rare opportunity to create unforgettable memories with family and friends for generations to come," said Page Pierce, vice president of Disney Resort Real Estate Development. "Located within the community of Golden Oak, Four Seasons Private Residences Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort combines two brands renowned for impeccable service, outstanding amenities and exceptional experiences: Walt Disney World Resort and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts."

Four Seasons Private Residences Orlando will include three collections of approximately one-half acre homesites. These custom residences, ranging in size from 6,000 to over 10,000 square feet, will feature three European-inspired styles embodying Venetian, Italianate and Spanish Revival architectural precedents. Homeowners will also have the option to include a Four Seasons butler pantry allowing in-home deliveries of everything from groceries to linens, while not permitting staff access to the primary residence.

The Edgewood collection features four European-style homes placed among a wooded preserve, while Starview will boast six grand residences with serene privacy situated on homesites with terraced backyards. With the options of golf course views, water views or the natural Florida surroundings, Starview homes will allow residents to savor the finest in indoor-outdoor living. The balance of the homesites, known as Gardenside, will feature lush landscapes. The majority of the homes will include views of natural preserves and green spaces, while two unique corner homesites will be placed for residences with private interior courtyards, blending Old World style with outdoor living.

Like all Golden Oak residents, owners of Four Seasons Private Residences will be members of the Golden Oak Club. As members of the Club owners will have access to other amenities including Summerhouse, the private community clubhouse featuring the full-service Markham's dining room and Tyler's Lounge and concierge-style Resident Services which organizes a variety of engaging activities and events throughout the year, including seasonal parties and private theme park events, as well as, park transportation, golf services, and more.

The Golden Oak community offers the only current opportunity for families to own homes at Walt Disney World Resort. The community welcomed its first residents in 2012 and Four Seasons Resort Orlando opened in August 2014. Four Seasons Private Residences* prices start at $5 million and construction is anticipated to begin later this summer. For more information about Four Seasons Private Residences Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, visit www.orlandoprivateresidences.com or call Golden Oak Realty at (407) 939-5577.

http://www.orlandoprivateresidences.com/news-updates/08-07-press-release/

When I first read that, I didn't get it.

Golden Oak has been open for a while now, and there are already a lot of houses built and occupied in there.

But, Golden Oak is chump change compared to this.

These are Four Seasons Private Residences.  Not those crappy shacks they put up in Golden Oaks.

These new shacks start at 5 mil.

Now they're talking!

TCD

Tiny lots for houses that big. Yuck.

A half acre lot is about 21,780 and half of that could be your lovely house. No way. Not even if I was rich.

I'd imagine it's all about the house, and the only "yard" you're going to get is a lovely ring of expert landscaping around it.

I'm not a fan either.  We don't have acres here, but I can sit out on my back deck without seeing what my neighbors are watching on tv.

If I money weren't an option I'd have a lot MORE land, not less. 

And a moat...  :)

The lot size leaves you enough room for a pool and concrete backyard

I'd imagine it's all about the house, and the only "yard" you're going to get is a lovely ring of expert landscaping around it.

I'm not a fan either.  We don't have acres here, but I can sit out on my back deck without seeing what my neighbors are watching on tv.

If I money weren't an option I'd have a lot MORE land, not less. 

And a moat...  :)

I suspect they have planned just enough space for a pool and concrete deck in the backyard.

Holy smoke!  .

"Four Seasons Private Residences* prices start at $5 million and construction is anticipated to begin later this summer."  

IF, and it's a BIG BIG IF, I ever had that kind of money I sure wouldn't spend it on something like that - you can get a lot more privacy in a lot nicer places for that kind of $$$$

AND still have LOTS of money left over to stay at the Fort.

We've got an acre now and really only use half of it b/c the back half is wooded on a hill. Same with the neighbors. I'd be happy with that.

My problem is the butler pantry. I want it. Don't want the help to have access to my beautiful home though... heaven forbid, all that cleaning, serving, and groveling might get bothersome... but I also want Jeeves to put away all my groceries and linens. *sigh* decisions, decisions...

A half acre lot is about 21,780 and half of that could be your lovely house. No way. Not even if I was rich.

so the total living area is just north of 15,000 sq ft, if they are putting it on a .5 acre lot as suggested that leaves 6700 sq feet of turf and driveway...

where i live in South Florida I have a quarter acre lot with home occupying 4000 sq ft of the 11,000 sq ft lot, putting the difference in the same ball park as these mega homes.

Personally I wish i had more land, I have what they call a double lot, and a triple lot would be ideal( the rear neighbor has it)

my lot is 90x110, I have 10 ft from my house to the property lines on the sides, its set back 45 feet from the street, and the rear setback is 30 feet

a triple lot would be 135x110 and would have the front and rear setbacks the same at 45 and 35, but my house on that lot would net me 22.5 feet in addition to the 10 for a total of 32.5 ft between my house and the property line

I can park my pup on either side of the house, however it fits in the garage with the wifes van so thats where it goes.

here is a shot of the property and you can see my rear neighbor who has the lot size i will get when i build my next house.

here is a link to the areial photo

http://pol.leepa.org/pictonav/default.aspx?folioid=10099969

I have the white van and blue SUV in the driveway, 

and the house that was under construction is now finished, across the street and 3 doors south/down from me

http://www.estately.com/listings/info/3608-sw-1st-place

$625,000

I paid 209 for my place 2 years ago, so i think I am sitting on some equity

• 1 month later...