We had a 2002 Coleman Sun Valley before our current camper. It was a great camper and I liked most things about it. Plenty of room inside and big beds. We did have crazing/cracking on the ABS roof that's typical of the ABS roofed models, but must have been minor in our case as we never had any issues with leaks. IMO a screen room or add-a-room for a pop up is a great addition since they are limited on floor space inside the camper. We loved ours and is the one thing we tend to miss with our hybrid camper (one of these days)...I also miss being able to get 15mpg pulling it vs the 10mpg we get with our hybrid. ;)

My brother and sis in law have a Forest River pop up that they just bought and seem to like it just fine. 

Interesting, thanks.  I noticed when I visited the Somerset site, the online chat window opened with the line, "Welcome to Aliner".  Looking at Aliner's site, I see they are both the same company.

Yes, I forgot that Aliner owns Somerset. Thanks for the reminder.

Best Regards,

Norm

Thanks to everyone for all of the helpful advice!  Based on the recommendations we drove up to Peco Campers in Tucker, Georgia.  (Many of you will be happy to know that we drove past several Camping Worlds to get there.)  We had a wonderful experience at Peco.  They have a gigantic stock of pop ups and really great people.  We have put down a deposit on a camper, but I'll let DramaMama pass along the details...

Well, we are the proud owners of a 2016 Forest River Flagstaff Classic 425D!!!

Pictures will be coming soon.

We did loads of research and took all the info here into consideration.  Though we thought we wanted a Jayco, we could not find any dealers anywhere near us that we could look at and investigate.  Peco Campers (now owned by Campers Inn) in Tucker, GA, is about 90 miles from our home and has an extensive pop up inventory.  We looked at lots!  We had compared the floor plans of Jaycos and Forest Rivers online.  We ultimately decided to go with Forest River because we could get a bigger camper with more amenities and have more dealer/repair places in the areas we would be camping.  We have made a family pact to take extra good care of our new baby.  We won't be using it nearly as much as Curt's pups are used.  That being said, we did take advantage of the 5 year extended warranty offered to us at a very good deal.  

We are thankful for the Fiends that suggested Peco.  We were well pleased with the no pressure, friendly sales staff.  The "walk through" today with Travis was fun and very helpful.   There was a miscommunication about double checking what tow package we needed and it led to us spending several hours at the dealership.  However, they were very kind, fed us lunch, and made up for the mishap financially.  We definitely recommend them.  I gave our salesman a Fiends card!  They should know about us!

Congrats on the pup, I too just got mine 2 months ago, is a 2016 Rockwood 2516G, similar layout to yours, but i have a bath.

the work that i have done on mine so far, shows there are some quality issues, but they were all easy fixes, and i would expect every other brand to have the same/ similar issues.

I did buy from lazydays, they had the best price and were willing to actually do a deal, unlike camping world and the private sellers i came across.

I have had it serviced at camping world for the issues that came up after the sale, I live 2 hours from lazydays and 20 min from CW.

As with any service related item, you get more bee's with honey, be nice but be stern.  The service adviser didn't make the unit, so its not their fault.

My New pop up has a tire clearance issue, FR sent me the spacers at no charge, but would not pay to install them, however Lazydays is offing to pay the $250 to install it.

it also had 2 bad door seals, something you wont know till you get it wet/ it rains, took almost 2 weeks for those parts to come in, but CW was updating me every other day on that so no complaints.

The other quality issues I noticed was the radio was only held in by 3 screws, the 4th was there just not in any wood, I unscrewed it and moved it down a quarter inch and problem solved.

same thing with the master 12v switch, 2 screws but only 1 in the wood, again a slight move down and to the right fixed the issue.

these were only noticed as i was removing the two items to install a volt meter and USB charging ports, if i didn't do that i may have not noticed them for a while

There were also spots on the frame, and I have seen this with every other camper my father has owned, where there is surface rust, it happens, just carry a can of semigloss black for touch ups as you see it.

I am sure as i get more time in the unit, only 1 night so far, Ill find more issues, but that is actually a part of camping, being crafty and fixing things on the fly.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally!  PhotoBucket has been driving me crazy.  Here are pics of our newest family member.

Getting hooked up to "Nox" to head home.

IMG_2722_zpstfavi5gx.jpg

Opened up in our carport.  Well, now it is the "camper-port".  :-)

IMG_2734_zpsfdwdkczf.jpg

IMG_2733_zpsfgvjztqo.jpg

IMG_2732_zpspclnhue7.jpg

IMG_2688_zpsteak7icc.jpg

IMG_2680_zpsalqt0npe.jpg

IMG_2678_zpsabeezull.jpg

Having camped in a 1970s era PUP and only tent camped for the last few years, we feel like this is a mansion.  The slide out dinette was a must on our list for room, but we had no idea about the possibility for a kitchen bay window.  It really opens up the unit.  

We have a few trips planned; can't wait to get started!!!

I like it!

Watch the tire under the dinette, you may need to install a spacer kit like i did.

its $52+ shipping, it comes directly from Dexter axle who made the axle on the trailer part number is k71-707-01

and the best price i found with shipping was from FIP

http://www.finditparts.com/products/5855357/dexter-axle-k71-707-01

before lift, under dinette

11694837_10101144694769635_5332425935802

after lift under dinette

11951814_10101188691370095_8547574378477

to me, having more than .75 inch of clearance between the tire and wheel well, is good insurance 

I don't worry about the tire hitting it, and I know there is more room and possible less heat building up due to the extra air space.

you can complain to FR like I did, or just buy yourself the parts and forget trying to get them to cover it, like i said its $53 for pars and $7 shipping, took me under an hour to install

good luck with it, were almost twins!