Do you have any other projects that need to be finished? If I were to take on something like this I would want to make sure I had plenty of time to work on it and do it right. Also with you living up north winter becomes a factor if you are not finished and need to protect it from further damage over the winter.

If you like projects go for it. At $500.00 you can always get your money back.

That's what I'm thinking too.  If you're up for the project and the bones of it are sound and workable, why not?

If it turns out to be more than you bargained for, turn it into a utility trailer and get your money back selling it.

If you like projects go for it. At $500.00 you can always get your money back.

Agreed.  Since you said you're handy... might be a fun project to try your hand at :)

Do you have any other projects that need to be finished? If I were to take on something like this I would want to make sure I had plenty of time to work on it and do it right. Also with you living up north winter becomes a factor if you are not finished and need to protect it from further damage over the winter.

Excellent thought!

Having done some projects in the past to discover that I could have saved tons of time, and mental stress, if I just bought a nice fully functional item at a cost of say 500-1000 dollars more (after I put funds into completed project).  If the satisfaction factor Is what you want then go for it, but otherwise I would play out the numbers.  I think you could find a 14yr hybrid in really nice condition for 3500-4500, just sayin his ad states he has all the parts, but he lost interest, I think if he lost interest in entire project then why would one expect the parts to be in useable condition also.

My whole question is that he started to fix it, but did he find the leak and fix that? If not you will have the same problem again.  Also, I would have to see the condition of the components and make sure you aren't going to have to sink more money into that.

Best Regards,

Norm