Can't to the fancy quotes about the article like some do, but here is a link to it:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2402359/walt-disney-world-reportedly-cracking-down-on-group-chanting-in-theme-parks/

Here is the article:

As stated in the report, Cast Members at Walt Disney World have now been advised to put a halt to any chanting and group singing by any large amount of people. This means for the tour groups from Brazil, France, Argentina, the United States — anywhere.

Disney is always making changes to rules, policies, attractions, shows, dining, and more. This is done to better the experience for all of their guests at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and theme parks around the world. Now it appears as though they are making a change that may upset a number of people, but make many others happy as Disney is reportedly banning group “chanting” in its theme parks.

Walt Disney World has a lot of guests walk through its park gates every single day. Many times during the year, there are large groups that come together from Brazil and other countries around the world. They are large packs of often 30 or more who wear the same colored clothing and explore all the fun.

Many of these groups often sing songs and “chant” in their own language, and quite loud. While some may see them as just enjoying themselves, others see the chanting and loud singing as being bothersome.

That may soon come to an end.

According to Orlpassholder, an “incident” of some sort happened on Main Street U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom, and it involved a tour group from Argentina. Apparently, the group was chanting and singing and some kind of bad situation came up involving other guests, but it was not revealed exactly what it was.

If this is true, then it could also be in place for just large groups, in general, such as cheerleaders, sports teams, family reunion groups, etc.

Disney has not released any official word on this, so nothing has been confirmed at this time. Orlpassholder said that Cast Members are being instructed to keep an eye/ear out for chanting, but signs likely won’t be going up or anything like that.

Earlier this year, Walt Disney World officially banned selfie sticks from being used in their parks. Signs are now posted at the front of each park, and Guest Relations does take them for the day if found in a guest’s possession. The selfie sticks are then returned when the guest leaves.

According to a user named “YodaMan” at WDWMagic, the banning of the chanting at Walt Disney World isn’t overly new. Cast Members are always to be on the lookout for things that are disruptive to other guests and discourage it.

As expected, though, it may be rather hard for one or two Cast Members to actually stop an entire large group from singing loudly and chanting. This may be especially true if there is a language barrier.

Whether the banning of chanting at Walt Disney World is true or not remains to be seen, and it may never be something made official to the public. For now, it’s said that Cast Members are being made aware of it, but Disney has still not confirmed anything.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2402359/walt-disney-world-reportedly-cracking-down-on-group-chanting-in-theme-parks/#CXixrVf0lGK9IbMV.99

As expected, though, it may be rather hard for one or two Cast Members to actually stop an entire large group from singing loudly and chanting. This may be especially true if there is a language barrier.

Maybe a flyer of a head with a wide open mouth and the Universal red slash circle over it, or a wifflebat to the head!

While it's hard to dispute such a well researched piece or journalism- they quoted Yodaman, for goodness sake, I still call BS.

I have personally witnessed the special Brazilian CM's they hire to try to heard these groups actually rile up the groups and start the chanting.  Disney makes big money by allowing these groups in during otherwise slow times.  They'll let them do whatever they want.

You know- money talks?

TCD

While it's hard to dispute such a well researched piece or journalism- they quoted Yodaman, for goodness sake, I still call BS.

I have personally witnessed the special Brazilian CM's they hire to try to heard these groups actually rile up the groups and start the chanting. Disney makes big money by allowing these groups in during otherwise slow times. They'll let them do whatever they want.

You know- money talks?

TCD

Until I see something from Disney I will take it with a grain of salt as well but I have seen more reports in Facebook groups of people seeing CMs stopping or attempting to stop the chanting.

Maybe the next thing they will crack down on are the SUV sized strollers that constantly block walkways and run into people.

Someone will need to call Yodaman and get his take on this.

I say no way.

Someone is obviously getting kickbacks from the giant stroller rental companies.  People aren't bringing those monstrosities with them from home.

TCD

Someone will need to call Yodaman and get his take on this.

I say no way.

Someone is obviously getting kickbacks from the giant stroller rental companies.  People aren't bringing those monstrosities with them from home.

TCD

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Most of the walkway blockers are "special" and live in the land of me where everything revolves around themselves.

So I wouldn't put it past them to mow people down in the airports, plane gangways, then gate check them so they crush everything else that gets loaded on the plane at the last minute.

Or if they are "extra special" cause a stink until they get the stroller stowed in the first class coat closet!

TCD, have you been to the mall lately?  Especially on a rainy morning during the workweek?  That is prime time for for stroller mommies to get their workout while pushing Junior in the stroller. 

No I haven't been to a mall lately.  I try to go only once or twice a year, and those one or two visits are too many.

My point about the giant strollers is that most of the biggest I see at WDW are rental strollers from 3rd party vendors.  They obviously have some kind of deal with Disney, as they are able to drop off and pick up the things from the baggage handlers at the resorts.

TCD

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Most of the walkway blockers are "special" and live in the land of me where everything revolves around themselves.

So I wouldn't put it past them to mow people down in the airports, plane gangways, then gate check them so they crush everything else that gets loaded on the plane at the last minute.

Or if they are "extra special" cause a stink until they get the stroller stowed in the first class coat closet!

I refer to those people as "Sun People" or "People of the Sun" (POS for short), as the world does revolve around them. If you don't believe me just ask them.

The original report on this (the one that quotes Yodaman) is spreading like wildfire.  So much so, that it took their server down last night for quite a while.  I've still yet to see anything remotely official from Disney, and I'm sure the few big "insider" sites will be on this in a flash if something official gets announced internally.

I have personally witnessed the special Brazilian CM's they hire to try to heard these groups actually rile up the groups and start the chanting. 

Ditto.

Until I see something from Disney I will take it with a grain of salt as well but I have seen more reports in Facebook groups of people seeing CMs stopping or attempting to stop the chanting.

Agreed.  And I have to wonder what CM in their right mind would even try and "stop" a mob of teens who've been whipped into a chanting frenzy... or how they'd even try and do it?  Short of being armed with a super soaker or an air horn.

As it generally seems that CMs are instructed NOT to confront guests - unless they're doing something that might actually be a safety issue - I doubt very much they're going to be told to "get out there and shut that nonsense down."

I refer to those people as "Sun People" or "People of the Sun" (POS for short), as the world does revolve around them. If you don't believe me just ask them.

:rofl2:

No I haven't been to a mall lately.  I try to go only once or twice a year, and those one or two visits are too many.

My point about the giant strollers is that most of the biggest I see at WDW are rental strollers from 3rd party vendors.  They obviously have some kind of deal with Disney, as they are able to drop off and pick up the things from the baggage handlers at the resorts.

TCD

I'm waiting for the day when they allow Golf Cars in the parks, especially privately owned, gas powered, jacked up, with  the train air horns, and 2000 watt bass thumping stereo ones.  :lol:   After all, if they are good enough for the Fort, they should be good enough for the parks!

I'm waiting for the day when they allow Golf Cars in the parks, especially privately owned, gas powered, jacked up, with  the train air horns, and 2000 watt bass thumping stereo ones.  :lol:   After all, if they are good enough for the Fort, they should be good enough for the parks!

As soon as they find a way to make money on it, it will happen.

I noticed last time at Fort, some of the signs that previously said golf carts now say electric carts. Made me wonder if Disney was going to only allow electric carts like some other campgrounds do.

In a few days, I will be hitting the parks with an assortment of colored flags. I plan on hijacking Brazillian tour groups. I tried this idea out on a marching band and it worked like a charm.

http://youtu.be/Q1v0jB3OswM

I've never been a fan of the Brazilian tour groups, I have had my run ins with them especially when the kids were small.  But I really don't mind the chanting that much.  Sounds like they are having a good time.  And it is an audio warning to me which part of the park I want to avoid.

The chanting is typically a pre cursor, to pending rude behavior, you will eventually encounter.

Exactly.

So, even if they stop the chanting, which I don't think they will, how are they going to change the way those kids were brought up and act?

It's not going to happen, and Disney isn't even going to try.

They'll just keep taking their money, and letting their regular guests suffer.

TCD