Pirates of the Caribbean Refurb Complete - Magic Kingdom

From Doctor Disney...

Pirates Of The Caribbean Reopening At Magic Kingdom – What’s New? What’s Changed?
September 25, 2015 by Doctor Disney

Pirates of the Caribbean has been in refurbishment for months now, and many have wondered what was going on in those dark halls. Well, it’s official reopening date is set for Saturday, Sept. 26, 2015, but the past two days have had some soft openings and Doctor Disney got to see all that has been done.

IMG_8246.jpg

On Friday morning, I lucked out and got to enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean during a soft opening of the attraction. The queue line is exactly the same, and it was opening and closing randomly due to still working out some bugs.

As you can see by the video below [follow link to full article], the entire attraction has had the lighting fixed inside. Everything is much brighter and really looks great.

There are not any big changes at all. Everything has been lightened up to be seen easier, the costumes have been fixed up and redone, and the audio animatronics are all working perfectly now. A couple new background pirates have been put in here and there while the audio is also juiced up and everything easily heard.

IMG_8248.jpg

The boats have changed…can’t tell if entirely or modifications made, but they appear lighter and now have handlebars for each row…but they’re on the seat in front of you so not intrusive. Also, they aren’t taking on nearly as much water as they used to.

Nothing has been taken out and nothing drastically new has been added. The drunk pirate with the dirty feet near the end of Pirates of the Caribbean does now have fire/flames coming out of his whiskey jug.

IMG_8251.jpg

Jack Sparrow is still in there and oh…the mist is working again in the first tunnel. Now, Davy Jones and Blackbeard alternate appearing and giving you a warning message.

It’s good to see Pirates of the Caribbean open again, and really nice that not a lot of changes were made at all.

http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/09/25/pirates-of-the-caribbean-reopening-at-magic-kingdom-whats-new-whats-changed/

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have seen the mermaids. Many times. They are hot. I believe Doctor Disney is a dentist with an ego problem. Not uncommon in that profession.

Not an eye doctor?   

Now I'll have to go back to look.

From Orlando Passholder...

Pirates of the Caribbean re opened after a long refurbishment this weekend

"In addition to the restoration work and new paint inside the attraction, we added some enhanced special effects, including new cannons with water-based smoke and strobes for weather effects. There are also a handful of new scents to experience at different areas of the attraction."

They also took the opportunity to enhance the Audio Animatronic figures. Each character was rebuilt and fitted with new costumes and now appear even more realistic and authentic, including Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa.

Here is a video of the Auction portion of the ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w16c4MsKlis

http://orlpassholder.com/2015/09/pirates-of-the-caribbean-reopens/

...The ride does look better but the real test will be can they keep it up and running.  

It at least sounds like they did more than just spruce things up - it was sure down long enough.  Time will tell.

Also we need a Fiend on the Scene report on if the mermaids are working again.  8)

Well, I'm on scene and just got off. What mermaids? Is there something I've been missing all these years???

LOL.

I've looked for the darned things ever since they were allegedly installed.  All I've ever seen is lights and bubbles.

My daughters say they've seen them, but they've been known to prank the old man.

You can't miss that mermaid skeleton.  That was added when they added the mermaids in the water.

TCD

I've seen the mermaids one time.  It was a couple of years ago.  Unfortunately I didn't get a picture.

I actually think I saw them.  It's just that they don't look like what I would expect mermaids to look like.

Even if they worked and I could see them clearly, I think this was an unnecessary addition to this attraction, and adds nothing of significance to the ride experience.

TCD

I actually think I saw them.  It's just that they don't look like what I would expect mermaids to look like.

Even if they worked and I could see them clearly, I think this was an unnecessary addition to this attraction, and adds nothing of significance to the ride experience.

TCD

I agree.

Nope - they totally don't and they really don't add a lot.  IMO they fall more into the category of "hey did you notice that?"

Tim - just before the beach scene with the skeletons, you hear the mermaid singing.  If you look into the water on either side of the boat - IF they are working - you'll see light streaks "swimming" through the water.  Those are the mermaids and yeah... that's all they are.  8)

Nope - they totally don't and they really don't add a lot. IMO they fall more into the category of "hey did you notice that?"

Tim - just before the beach scene with the skeletons, you hear the mermaid singing. If you look into the water on either side of the boat - IF they are working - you'll see light streaks "swimming" through the water. Those are the mermaids and yeah... that's all they are. 8)

Now I'll have to go back to look.