We have Comcast or Comcast. It's good enough but I would love more speed since we only use Internet for everything.

My oldest daughter has Comcast in Miami.  There, she had a choice between Comcast or AT&T.  We hated dealing with Comcast in Tallahassee, but their product and pricing was better than AT&T's in Miami, so we went with the devil that we knew.  Installation was a terrible fiasco, but after that, it's been good.

TCD

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Antennas are being installed and wired. They are different from most, antennas on top and bottom.

Here's a picture of the WiFi equipment being installed on site 1422 a few minutes ago. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They've had Wi Fi in the cabins and at the Meadow for a long time! So yup, they have Wi Fi and met their Monday deadline!

Posted Images

That is odd.  Charter is the company my daughter dealt with in Auburn.  Not as bad as Comcast, but still pretty poor customer service.  And they were the only option.

I thought for sure that the deal between Bright House and Charter was called off.  I know nothing has changed with my service or billing or anything.  It's odd that there is no news about it.

TCD

It might've been, the article was before the 30 day deadline, and I haven't found anything since then.

Anyone currently at the fort notice any new networks?

Not yet.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Of course not.

It's still October.

These things can't be rushed.

TCD

And it's still 2015. We haven't yet confirmed *which* November. B)

Brrr- derrrp di-dadeerp Brrr- derrrp di-dadeerp Brrr- derrrp di-dadeerp da di da Brrr- derrrp di-dadeerp Brrr- derrrp di-dadeerp ..... It's November do we have wifi Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming it is November 2015 they still have 30 days of which I'm sure they'll use them all before anybody sees WiFi. 

Brrr- derrrp di-dadeerp Brrr- derrrp di-dadeerp Brrr- derrrp di-dadeerp da di da Brrr- derrrp di-dadeerp Brrr- derrrp di-dadeerp ..... It's November do we have wifi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're one of those, whatchacallit, "optimists" aren't ya? B)

Nothing yet.

TC-Debbie-downer.... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey, I admire optimism.

But, that doesn't mean that I should still have any faith that there is any truth to the baloney regularly served by Fort Wilderness management on the subject of WIFI.

They've been spinning their yarns about why this is the only WDW resort that doesn't provide it property-wide for years.  All the while steadily raising the rates.

It's time for them to put up or shut up.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

There was a building permit filed yesterday for Electrical work at the CS in the 500 loop, so if we have friends on site go check that out, they are running power from the CS to an area in the 500 loop
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20150595755.pdf?parent=DOC1805S382

I wonder if they will still offer the boxes as well. What if you don't have a WiFi enabled device?

I use one of these for traveling.

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/PR2000.aspx

It supports a wired or wireless internet connection and wired or wireless devices can access it. If you use wired internet access it has one ethernet port available. If you use wireless access you will have two ethernet ports available. If you need more than one or two wired devices you can attach an ethernet hub to get more ports. I like it because I can set it up as my access point and not have to reconfigure all of my wireless devices everytime I move to a new WiFi network.