• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Antennas are being installed and wired. They are different from most, antennas on top and bottom.

Here's a picture of the WiFi equipment being installed on site 1422 a few minutes ago. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They've had Wi Fi in the cabins and at the Meadow for a long time! So yup, they have Wi Fi and met their Monday deadline!

Posted Images

They could still be talking about complimentary wifi at the Settlement and the Outpost.

Yup.

They've been saying there's complimentary Wi-Fi at the Fort for years.  And there is.  Just not at your campsite.

TCD

I've had the same notice sent to me before all of this talk about seeing WiFi in the loops. I've always figured it referred to the Meadows, Outpost and Settlement areas. It also covered a small portion of the 1300 loop if you were close enough to the Meadows Trading Post to pick up the signal.

The people walking around looking at the trees are Horticulturists.  We saw a and talked to a couple of them over Halloween.  They are looking for dead or dying   trees or limbs that need to be removed.  They are also checking for the potato vines that they are trying to keep out of public areas.  

When I picked up my cable modem kit at the Meadows TP today, CM Edgardo sort of chuckled when I ask him about WiFi in the CG. He said he has heard the same rumor. Maybe in 2016.

• 3 weeks later...

I asked today when I picked up the Internet bag. The CM at the desk laughed when I said I had heard November, and said that they were told February then told to tell people March.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update.

So, then, what was the deal with them putting up new poles in November?

They did that and then nothing?

Typical.

It would be very hard for me to believe how badly they've botched something that every other business in America has been able to accomplish.  Except, I've been around long enough to expect it.

Have a great trip!

TCD

I asked today when I picked up the Internet bag. The CM at the desk laughed when I said I had heard November, and said that they were told February then told to tell people March.

Thanks for the update!  Wish I could say I was surprised.   :rolleyes:

I asked today when I picked up the Internet bag. The CM at the desk laughed when I said I had heard November, and said that they were told February then told to tell people March. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What time were you there? I picked mine up about 12:45. CM told me it was coming but didn't offer any timeline.

I asked today when I picked up the Internet bag. The CM at the desk laughed when I said I had heard November, and said that they were told February then told to tell people March. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What time were you there? I picked mine up about 12:45. CM told me it was coming but didn't offer any timeline.

Around 130 I think.

Thanks for the update.

So, then, what was the deal with them putting up new poles in November?

They did that and then nothing?

Typical.

It would be very hard for me to believe how badly they've botched something that every other business in America has been able to accomplish.  Except, I've been around long enough to expect it.

Have a great trip!

TCD

They are still putting them in, they were working in the 800 loop today (blocking the site we were originally assigned ) . I haven't looked to hard but haven't seen any of the poles in the 900 loop yet.

They are still putting them in, they were working in the 800 loop today (blocking the site we were originally assigned ) . I haven't looked to hard but haven't seen any of the poles in the 900 loop yet.

Lemme guess... Brown Paint Guy is heading up the project.  8)

Brought my own access point and got a modem here, and I gotta say this is the best wifi I've ever had at a campground. I wonder if they will continue to offer a modem kit after they have wifi.

Hopefully / maybe, at least until the supply they have now all break then that will probably be the end of them.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just there the 26-2nd on the 100 loop in site 102. I noticed there was a locked wifi access point named chip and dale. Not sure if this belonged to Disney or a individual camper.

I was in the 200 loop the same time period.  Had a strong signal for Chip and Dale as well.  I assumed it was a camper, but who knows.

Oh that could be fun. Change the name to "see cast member for free wifi password"

LOL!  Reminds me of Big Bang Theory when Penny asks Sheldon what he changed the WiFi password to and he says "PennyGetYourOwnWiFi... no spaces"

• 2 weeks later...

When I turned in modem package 91A on Jan 9th, I told the CM at the TP to save it for me in July.  He said I won't need it by then, that they are projecting March for the WiFi installation, and they are ahead of schedule, likely completion in February.

Related topic?:  I was in 1004, next to the path to the 900 CS.  On the 1005(?) side of the path, there was a wooden pole.  I had assumed it was a dead tree the bark had fallen from.  On closer examination, it is a commercial pole that has been cleaned of any bark, and perhaps rot protected.  Is this one of the poles of which a few of you speak?  It is shorter than the trees in the area, cut off flat on top, and apparently there for some time (no evidence of recent installation)..  And as an aside, there were maybe 10+ dead trees along that path.

When I turned in modem package 91A on Jan 9th, I told the CM at the TP to save it for me in July.  He said I won't need it by then, that they are projecting March for the WiFi installation, and they are ahead of schedule, likely completion in February.

Ok I'll say it.... THIS February??  ;)