There's something funny going on here.

Earlier today, there was a post on the Disney Parks Blog announcing that Jingle Cruise was opening in the MK today.

But, now that post is gone, and I saw elsewhere that Jingle Cruise did not open today.

I can see the link to the Disney Parks Blog post on Google, but the post itself is gone:

Attention Adventurers: Jingle Cruise Returns to Magic ...

disneyparks.disney.go.com/.../attention-adventurers-jingle-cruise-returns...

5 hours ago - ... Adventurers: Jingle Cruise Returns to Magic Kingdom Park Today ... being constructed in Adventureland and is set to open in late 2015.

Here's the cached version:

The holiday season is fast approaching and today a guest favorite holiday offering – Jingle Cruise – has returned to Magic Kingdom Park.

ghv938221.jpg

Jingle Cruise is again themed as if the Skippers are homesick for the holidays and to add cheer, they decorated the attraction queue and boathouse with homemade decorations, gifts and items from back home. Boats have temporarily been renamed with holiday monikers and the Skippers are armed with seasonal jokes. (Listen carefully in the queue, too – you may hear a holiday-themed radio broadcast playing in the background).

Fans of the Jungle Cruise will have even more to look forward to this holiday season. As we previously shared, a new restaurant called Jungle Skipper Canteen is currently being constructed in Adventureland and is set to open in late 2015. At the restaurant, guests will be able to experience “World Famous Jungle Cuisine” in one of several unique dining rooms, including a crew mess hall and a once-hidden secret meeting room of the famed Society of Explorers and Adventurers. Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more.

TCD

Straight from the skipper's mouth it starts tomorrow. I said ohhhhh Disney parks blog made a boo boo and he said "um actually no we did" and that's all I found out. Some of the decorations are up in the queue.

Thanks for investigating Beckers! :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

There are decorations out on the ride but I don't remember enough from last year to know if it's all done. No Christmas jokes.

Are you saying that the ride was open, and operating with the original script?

The Disney Parks Blog is now reporting that WDW's Jingle Cruise opens today.  So did they put out all the decorations in one night? http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/11/attention-adventurers-jingle-cruise-returns-to-magic-kingdom-park-today/

That's weird.

At Disneyland, Jungle Cruise has been shut down for over a week, and the Skippers have been in training meetings to learn a new script.  The Skippers have been working to drive Imagineers out into the Jungle to add and tweak decorations and effects.

This is all inside, first hand information, straight from one of the World Famous Jungle Cruise Skippers currently working at Disneyland.

Disneyland's Jingle Cruise is not set to open until November 13 or 14. Hopefully, I will be there in person on opening day, and ride in my favorite Skipper's bote (that's what the Skippers call boats, FYI).

I have it on good information that this year's new jokes will sleigh.

TCD

We rode the jungle cruise earlier in the week, Tuesday I think. It was %100 regular jungle cruise.

Last night they had garland and lights in the queue and the sign had been changed to reflect Jingle Cruise (sorry the pic sucks I had a seeping kid on me)

2EA8E3F1-B5EB-4644-A33F-6C6B60577DAC.jpg

The first few scenes were decorated but the ones towards the end were not and the script from the cast was the regular one. It was really 1/2 assed.

It was really 1/2 assed.

Sadly, that is the case with every direct comparison you may want to make between how they do things at WDW compared to how they're done at Disneyland.

It's hard to believe unless you see it first hand.

I will be traveling back to Disneyland next week, and exactly one week from today, I hope to be riding the Jingle Cruise there.  The whole ride has been closed down for over a week already, and they will be decorating it and practicing all next week before they reopen.

I'll make sure to swing by the MK at some point so I can make a direct comparison of the two.

I doubt the comparison will be favorable for WDW.

TCD

I did a little research over the weekend in preparation for my trip to Disneyland on Wednesday.

Here's a compilation of Jingle Cruise jokes I put together to share with my favorite Skipper as she polishes up her routine for her Jingle Cruise performances beginning on Friday or Saturday:

Jingle Cruise Jokes

1.  At the dock- loading and pulling away:
  • We are going to stuff you in here like we’re stuffing a stocking.
  • Please be seated.  I can’t wait to get started.I can drive this boat like I wrap gifts.  On second thought, strike that.
  • Wave goodbye to the nice people on the dock.  Now wave to the naughty ones.
  1. Entering the jungle:
  • Look in the water- what do you see.   Nothing.  There’s usually piranha in these waters.  But, they’re all gone for Piranhaka.  The Festival of Bites.
  • Speaking of the water.  Does it look higher to you?  Must be a Yule Tide.
  • Look at these bugs (pointing at butterflies).  These are hum bugs.  I know how to call them.  (leans out of front of boat).  Bah!  Bah!
  1. Entering Africa:
  • Don’t worry if you didn’t pack warm clothes.  The weathermen tell us that there won’t be snow in Africa this Christmas-time (reference to old Band Aid song).
  • I’m so excited-the pigmies agreed to help me plan a holiday party for you, and it’s coming up right here on the beach.  Wait a minute.  I don’t see anyone.  Canoe?
  • The pigmies said they would help decorate the jungle.  Wait.  That was supposed to be a partridge in a Pear Tree (pointing to the snake)
  • Wow, what a gift.  A dead tree.  You know it’s supposed to be a gift because it has a boa on top.
  • Hey African elephants!  You know how to tell they’re African elephants?  Because we’re in Africa.
  • Headhunters dancing in circle.  They dance like that because they don’t know how to square dance.
  • Hey-it looks like the pigmies came through with some of the holiday entertainment.  Wait. (counts drummers)  One.  Two. Three.  It was supposed to be 12 drummers drumming.  12!
  1. Scene with gorillas and jeep:
  • Oh no.  It’s my in laws!  They’re early again.  Excuse me.  Hello. How are you?  It’s so good to see you.  Was that convincing?
  • Alternate:  Hey look it’s our new gift wrapping department.  We’ve resorted to hiring gorillas because we’ve had such a problem with turnover.
  1. Spear Ambush:
  • Oh no!  Everyone get down.  Get down.  Turn out the lights.  Be quiet.  Carolers!  Maybe they won’t see us and will go to the next boat.
  • Darn.  They saw us.  Quick, everyone throw figgy pudding.  Come on. Throw it.  They won’t leave until they get some.
  1. Ginger and Smiley (crocodiles)
  • Here are two of our resident crocodiles.  Ginger and Smiley.   We skippers have taken up a collection for a special Christmas gift for them- a crock pot.
  • Alternate-Don’t tell Ginger, but Smiley has a special gift to her.  A slow cooker.  What a crock!
  1. Going past the plane wreck:
  • Hey, there’s another of the gifts we skippers bought.  See that plane?  It was half off!
  1. Backside of water:
  • It’s not just the 8th Wonder of the World- it’s a Christmas miracle.  That’s one of the only things left in the parks that isn’t Frozen.
  1. Sandstone formation:
  • Oh look at this beautiful sandstone formation.  Most people take it for granite. 
  • That formation rocks.  Jingle Bell Rocks.
  1. African Veldt:
  • Here we are in the African Veldt- all the animals gathered for the holidays.
  • Oh look, that lion family invited a zebra over for dinner.
  • Wow,  another Christmas miracle- it looks like the Lions have finally won the big game.
  1. Men on pole:
  • Wow.  Crazy.  I string popcorn, but look at that rhino.  Whatever floats your boat.
  • Those explorers learned a hard lesson- don’t give fruitcake as a gift (the rhino has a fruitcake on his horh).  They will get the point in the end.
  1. Hippo Pool:
  • What’s this?  Hippos!?  Wow, this is all my fault.  I need to be clearer when I write my Christmas list.  I asked for Hungry Hungry Hippos.  You know, the game?
  • See how they twitch their ears?  They’re cold from this holiday weather.  I hope they don’t get Hippo-thermia.
  • Don’t worry, they’re really just a bunch of Hippo-chondriacs
  1. Entering temple:
  • Hey look at this crocodile.  His name is Frost.  Be careful.  Frost bites.
  • What’s this?  Do you see all these decorations?  I can’t believe it!  We found Santa’s workshop!
  • (quiet inside)  When leaving- uh sorry, but either Santa’s elves got really hairy, or I was wrong about the workshop thing.
  1. Elephant pool:
  • Hey Indian elephants!  You know how I know they’re Indian elephants (because we’re in India?).  No,  because of their smaller ears.
  • There’s Bertha over there.  She’s been getting kind of smelly.  So, instead of showering her with gifts, we got her the gift of a shower.
  • Go ahead and take all the photos you want.  It’s OK.  They have their trunks on.
  • Elephants have caught  cold and are sneezing.  Watch out for that one.  You think that’s water coming out of his trunk, but it’s not. (snot).
  1. Trader Samta:
  • Take advantage of the sale- his inventory is shrinking.
  • Samta is opening a restaurant.  He can’t wait to serve you.
  • If you go, don’t be late, or you’re going to get the cold shoulder.
  • While we are waiting here, let me take a moment to identify some of my favorite jungle plants for you.  That’s a setta.  And that’s a setta.  And over there, that’s a setta too.  I am pretty good at point settas. 
  • Our botanists have renamed some of these plants for the holidays, (Skipper points)  that one is Dasher, and there’s Dancer and Prancer and Vixen,  over there you can see Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen.  But do you recall the most famous jungle plant of all?   (guests say Rudolph).  Nope.  Close, that’s a fern.
  1. At dock:
  • Look, we have two docks here.  One on the left, and one on the right.  We call that a pair ‘o docks (paradox).
  • You see those two skippers there dressed in khaki?  That’s a pair of dorks.
  • So who’s going to see family over the holidays.  I’m going to see my mom.  She’s so proud . . . of my sister.   She’s a doctor.  I didn’t have the patience
  1. Unloading:
  • Do not cross over the crates in the center of the boat.  I am only responsible for one bad trip in this boat.
  • Watch your heads.  If you don’t, watch your language.  Santa’s watching.
  • Get out.  Oh, sorry, where’s my holiday spirit?  Please get out.

TCD

Brian said that was the same jokes from Disney world, someone is stealing your material TCD

No, this is from Disney World.

I did my own research this past weekend.  I accumulated those jokes over four journeys through the jungle.

One Skipper was a total dud.  The rest sleighed.

The Christmas miracle/Frozen joke is banned at Disneyland.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...