The Enforcer Fairies are out!

Be aware, the enforcer fairies are out. Most of the time I welcome people to be called out when they don't follow the rules.My husband and I play this little game of "how many people can you put on a golf cart" as a golf cart goes by with 10 people are riding with a stroller tied to the SIDE of the golf cart. I kid you not. But the other night after a long day at Animal Kingdom, he went to retrieve his golf cart up at the front gc parking corral. On his windshield was a ticket written by the enforcer fairies. They told him his gc was illegal. He went inside and was told that gas powered gc are not allowed He explained to the CM that it is gas and electric, but he doesn't use the gas part. He only uses electric. The CM looked at his gc then kinda shrugged his shoulders and told my son if you get another ticket, just ignore it. The CM said when he comes the next time he shouldn't have any problems. The enforcer fairies are going to be schooled that some gc are gas/ electric. As my son and the CM were talking, two gas powered carts go flying by. My question is why did they stop putting the literature in the welcoming packet that shows what carts are and are not allowed in the

Ft. Oh did I mention my son said as they were talking, two gas powered carts go flying by.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to say, but I actually applaud security for noticing your type of cart. These ATV/UTV/SXS vehicles are strictly stated prohibited at the fort. It seems depending on the time of year, you will se

Is it a "true" GC or a GEM/NEV/Gator type vehicle? The flyer specifically states that a GEM/NEV can't be parked in the cart lots and Gator/Utility vehicles are not allowed at all. whether gas or elec,

Gotta love those kind of cast members. My daughter and I were at the counter service restaurant at the lodge having lunch one day. An older cm who I still see there was doing her job and a manager was

.... As my son and the CM were talking, two gas powered carts go flying by. My question is why did they stop putting the literature in the welcoming packet that shows what carts are and are not allowed in the

Ft. Oh did I mention my son said as they were talking, two gas powered carts go flying by.

Unfortunately there is no consistency in enforcement of the rules. It seems to be based on the mood of the CM at that particular second. 

The Disney handout posted in the Info Tab don't say one way or another about gas golf carts.

The only mention about gas vehicles is that gas powered scooters are not allowed.

I could see where the highly trained CM's could get confused. If they only saw the cart from the side and the drivers foot was hanging out they probably thought it was a scooter.

They told him his gc was illegal. He went inside and was told that gas powered gc are not allowed He explained to the CM that it is gas and electric, but he doesn't use the gas part. He only uses electric. 

Is it a "true" GC or a GEM/NEV/Gator type vehicle? The flyer specifically states that a GEM/NEV can't be parked in the cart lots and Gator/Utility vehicles are not allowed at all. whether gas or elec, 

Be aware, the enforcer fairies are out. Most of the time I welcome people to be called out when they don't follow the rules.My husband and I play this little game of "how many people can you put on a golf cart" as a golf cart goes by with 10 people are riding with a stroller tied to the SIDE of the golf cart. I kid you not. But the other night after a long day at Animal Kingdom, he went to retrieve his golf cart up at the front gc parking corral. On his windshield was a ticket written by the enforcer fairies. They told him his gc was illegal. He went inside and was told that gas powered gc are not allowed He explained to the CM that it is gas and electric, but he doesn't use the gas part. He only uses electric. The CM looked at his gc then kinda shrugged his shoulders and told my son if you get another ticket, just ignore it. The CM said when he comes the next time he shouldn't have any problems. The enforcer fairies are going to be schooled that some gc are gas/ electric. As my son and the CM were talking, two gas powered carts go flying by. My question is why did they stop putting the literature in the welcoming packet that shows what carts are and are not allowed in the

I'm with Grumpy on this.

Something isn't making sense here.

Gas golf carts are allowed at the Fort.

What kind of "golf cart" do y'all have?

TCD

I'm with Grumpy on this.

Something isn't making sense here.

Gas golf carts are allowed at the Fort.

What kind of "golf cart" do y'all have?

TCD

Someone on the other FB page said they were told no gas carts were allowed and they were freaking out because they just bought it. They spoke to another CM and they said they were allowed.

Someone on the other FB page said they were told not gas carts were allowed and they were freaking out because they just bought it. They spoke to another CM and they said they were allowed.

After driving a thousand miles if they told me I could not drive my cart I would not be happy.

When we were there last week a security guard was harassing (no other word for it) an older cast member at the meadows store about an unsecured door next to the ice machine. He was making sure the cast member knew the door should be secured. Over and over.

Gotta love those kind of cast members. My daughter and I were at the counter service restaurant at the lodge having lunch one day. An older cm who I still see there was doing her job and a manager was bitching her out about something and she said I will get right on it and the woman kept on reaming her out and she was just taking it. I finally had enough and went over to her and said I think she gets it and asked what her supervisors name was. She said why? I told her no matter what company you work for you don't degrade another employee. We stopped by the front desk and told them manager there and she said I'll take care of it. Whether it happened who knows. It's not the old company it once was.

It's not the old company it once was.

Sad, but true.  But, you can say that about any American company today.  The few that are left.

Disney World relies more and more on College Program kids and foreign workers to fill all of the Cast Member positions that need to be filled.

From what I understand, the training these employees get is far less than how it used to be.  A few of them will stick around, and may move up the management chain.  When they do, they lack the background and experience that management types would have in the old days.  And, these people then have the responsibility to train the new Cast Members.  You can't teach what you don't know.  And, on and on it goes.

None of this bodes well for the future of the company.

TCD

None of this bodes well for the future of the company.

TCD

Or the US itself.

There are way too many self-centered people out there, and unfortunately a lot of them are in charge and in positions of power.

Besides being royal pain in the a$$'s, they lack ethics and morals and they think the world revolves around them.

They have no empathy for their fellow man, and would just as soon step on someone that has fallen instead of helping them up.

It has gotten exponentially worse each passing year.

I don't know if it's TV, social media, lack of respect being taught at home, or foreign influences, but I worry every day about my granddaughters and the world they will be living in.

Or the US itself.

There are way too many self-centered people out there, and unfortunately a lot of them are in charge and in positions of power.

Besides being royal pain in the a$$'s, they lack ethics and morals and they think the world revolves around them.

They have no empathy for their fellow man, and would just as soon step on someone that has fallen instead of helping them up.

It has gotten exponentially worse each passing year.

I don't know if it's TV, social media, lack of respect being taught at home, or foreign influences, but I worry every day about my granddaughters and the world they will be living in.

While I'm sure parents still say "Them kids" but you don't seem to see this type of thing going on in countries like Japan where they have plenty of access to and use of electronics. Of course they haven't flipped the parent child relationship upside down nor do they believe that parents have to be their child's friend. This flipping is a very self-centered view from the parent where it is really their interests not the child's that are being served. In a nutshell self-centered parents will tend to have self-centered children.  

He does have a bad boy. I was nervous when he bought it. But since I have seen more of these types in the past, I thought maybe they changed the rules. They don't even put it in the welcome packact anymore. I asked him agiain today about what happened. Security is the one who ticketed him. He went inside. Told the CM that this is practical for him. He has a older dog and he can throw baby stroller in the bed. The CM said show me where the plug for the electric. He did. CM said I will put a note and disregard any more tickets. Everything was fine. Today we saw a motorized skateboard.

He does have a bad boy. I was nervous when he bought it. But since I have seen more of these types in the past, I thought maybe they changed the rules. They don't even put it in the welcome packact anymore. I asked him agiain today about what happened. Security is the one who ticketed him. He went inside. Told the CM that this is practical for him. He has a older dog and he can throw baby stroller in the bed. The CM said show me where the plug for the electric. He did. CM said I will put a note and disregard any more tickets. Everything was fine. Today we saw a motorized skateboard.

That explains things better.  I assume you mean one of these: http://www.badboybuggies.com/Home/sport

Allegedly, ATV's and Utility carts are prohibited, but we've all seen those.

I was wondering if they had changed the rules to ban gas carts.  It looks like the ticket was for having an ATV, not just because it had a gas engine.

TCD

Sorry to say, but I actually applaud security for noticing your type of cart. These ATV/UTV/SXS vehicles are strictly stated prohibited at the fort. It seems depending on the time of year, you will see a lot of UTV type vehicles running around the fort. They should not be allowed. I did hear a year ago from security that the loophole around having a UTV at the fort is that if is registered street legal they are allowed to drive on the roads but not park with the carts.

Yes they did NOT allow gas powered vehicle of any kind. They said that all it would take is a backfire and a fire could start. I personally don't care for a gas powered. The fumes are too much.

If you are talking about the current rules, this is not accurate.

These are the rules:

newfwgolfcartrulesp2001.jpg

I think why your husband's "golf cart" got cited is because of the second bullet point under the heading Private Cart Rules.

It says:  Must be golf style carts; Off-road, ATV, utility or construction-type carts not permitted.

Nothing to do with whether it's gas or electric.

Depending on what model Bad Boy cart your husband has, I think the CM you're complaining about was just doing his job. 

TCD

I did hear a year ago from security that the loophole around having a UTV at the fort is that if is registered street legal they are allowed to drive on the roads but not park with the carts.

And as usual  The IDIOT mangers don't want to take anyone's Magic away so the violations are ignored which just let's everything mushroom.  

Sorry to say, but I actually applaud security for noticing your type of cart. These ATV/UTV/SXS vehicles are strictly stated prohibited at the fort. It seems depending on the time of year, you will see a lot of UTV type vehicles running around the fort. They should not be allowed. I did hear a year ago from security that the loophole around having a UTV at the fort is that if is registered street legal they are allowed to drive on the roads but not park with the carts.

I agree.  I've seen a lot of things being driven around the Fort that have no business being there.

The problem, as with a lot of the undesirable things that happen around the Fort is that they don't even try to enforce the existing rules.

TCD

It's just a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured by a Disney or private GC that was being driven recklessly.

For every few responsible drivers, there's a jacka** driver (drunk or sober) speeding thru the loops with an overloaded cart blaring music at all hours.

When that happens and the injured parties lawyers smell the blood in the water, Disney is going to have a big fight on their hands, and I don't think they will come out unscathed.

Does anyone know when they started cart rentals.

I don't think I saw them there in the late 70's thru the mid 80's but I could be mistaken.