Few months ago I made two phone calls. One to the Fort front desk and one to the Lodge front desk. The Fort front desk told me they were not sure if I could drive the cart to the lodge, and the Lodge front desk girl said that I could drive my cart over there and park it where the bell services carts are parked. 

So, do I dare attempt to take my privately owned cart over there?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope they ban ALL carts at the fort. Go back to a nice bike ride or walk.

We were just on the 100 loop from the 26-2nd and did notice several faster gas powered karts(we didn't know they were allowed) as one passed us on our electric kart on evening. we also noticed the gol

Well I won't say it can't be done. But there is no cart approved path to get you there. So the right answer is no you can't take your cart to the Lodge.

I think the best way to approach it is:

It used to be allowed,but now the signs say

"No Carts beyond this point".

From what I understand there were two problems, parking and some renters just left their carts at the Lodge.

If the lodge had them they could come over to the fort but it would still be the same rule for us. No carts going the other way.

Yup, carts rented at the lodge would be a different color - like blue. Blue carts can go both ways, green carts, not so much......

While walking from the Fort to Wilderness Lodge today, my wife and I were almost flattened by a Wildman driving a cart back to the Fort very quickly. On the Wilderness Lodge side, the only signs we saw saying no carts were at the entrance to the now closed nature trails. However once you get to the Lodge, I'm not sure where you can take a cart. There are signs at the Fort near the settlement stopping golf carts before the start of the trail.

It would be nice to have Disney spend some of their billions and make a cart path to the lodge with a parking area at the end of the trail. I agree carts should not be on the walking path to mow down adults and children. I also agree carts should not be visible to the hoity toity lodge guest to ruin their $400-$500 a night picturesque views of the landscape. I think it would be fair to have a GC parking area on the south side of the trail behind the trees. This would allow us trailer trash to walk across the street and dump our money into the restaurants and gift shops that the fort does not have. Now I think putting a quick serve like roaring fork at the campgrounds would eliminate us talking about carts to the lodge

It is a nice walk, and they do provide a bus between the Settlement and the Lodge. That's a good alternative.

Well the walk could be dangerous with all the Black Bears and alligators. Sometimes a bus can take forever like 5 or 10 minutes. So truly a golf cart would be the best way if allowed.

Not to rain on all the golf cart lovers parade, but that paved walking/bike trail was the last safe place for kids to ride a bike without having to worry about getting mowed down by a cart.

It was a nice safe trail, away from traffic and only 3 spots to worry about, the road crossing by the barn, the purple line road crossing, and the crossing at the lodge end.

If the signs are gone, I hope they replace them, and barricade it off so they can't get onto the path.

Personally I'm sick and tired of having to keep dodging golf carts where ever you ride or walk now a days at the Fort.

Yes I know there are responsible cart drivers, but it seems that the majority anymore are irresponsible jack-holes that think anything goes since they paid their $$ and are on vacation.

The Fort used to be a quiet safe place where you could ease up a little and let the kids have some space.  All you used to have to watch out for were cars driving slowly thru the loops.

Now you have golf carts flying thru in both directions doing whatever they feel like, overloaded, music blaring, and going faster than cars/trucks. And it's no use calling the front desk, because by the time Barney Fife arrives (if they even bother sending them) the carts have been long gone.

It's the same trying to walk over to the pools or the campfire. It's like trying to cross a busy highway there are so many carts blowing thru at full speed.

Not to rain on all the golf cart lovers parade, but that paved walking/bike trail was the last safe place for kids to ride a bike without having to worry about getting mowed down by a cart.

It was a nice safe trail, away from traffic and only 3 spots to worry about, the road crossing by the barn, the purple line road crossing, and the crossing at the lodge end.

If the signs are gone, I hope they replace them, and barricade it off so they can't get onto the path.

Personally I'm sick and tired of having to keep dodging golf carts where ever you ride or walk now a days at the Fort.

Yes I know there are responsible cart drivers, but it seems that the majority anymore are irresponsible jack-holes that think anything goes since they paid their $$ and are on vacation.

The Fort used to be a quiet safe place where you could ease up a little and let the kids have some space.  All you used to have to watch out for were cars driving slowly thru the loops.

Now you have golf carts flying thru in both directions doing whatever they feel like, overloaded, music blaring, and going faster than cars/trucks. And it's no use calling the front desk, because by the time Barney Fife arrives (if they even bother sending them) the carts have been long gone.

It's the same trying to walk over to the pools or the campfire. It's like trying to cross a busy highway there are so many carts blowing thru at full speed.

I agree. Well said

The Fort used to be a quiet safe place where you could ease up a little and let the kids have some space. All you used to have to watch out for were cars driving slowly thru the loops.

Now you have golf carts flying thru in both directions doing whatever they feel like, overloaded, music blaring, and going faster than cars/trucks. And it's no use calling the front desk, because by the time Barney Fife arrives (if they even bother sending them) the carts have been long gone.

You must be reading my mind. :) We've been here since Christmas Eve and it is really getting out of hand. There was a cart with about 5 or so guys in their late teens/early 20s flying around the loops making a lot of noise, blowing their horn, blaring their radio. They drove off t J e road and into a bush, got out to pull the cart out and took off. Kids of all ages driving. We were talking to someone who has been coming since the train was here and they are getting sick of it. They said it is getting out of control. Someone is going to get hurt or worse. We've heard skidding golf carts on our loop (200) several times. It will take an accident to change things.

Goodness... so, so true.

So, we rode our bikes to the Lodge the other day. There is definitely a no carts allowed sign.  We did not see any on there either, and there were none parked at the WL side.

Slightly related to the other discussion in this thread, let's talk about the paths to the beach.  There is the cart path and the pedestrian path. We always rode our bikes on the cart path until the guy directing traffic yelled at us to get on the pedestrian path, which didn't make sense to us, as our bikes were going closer to the speed of the carts than the speed of pedestrians. Seems it would be more dangerous to pedestrians to have bikes flying by.  Also, the pedestrian path looks newer and is way high off the ground, which could cause problems if bike tires went off or if the rider tried to get on after the street entrance.

So, we rode our bikes to the Lodge the other day. There is definitely a no carts allowed sign.  We did not see any on there either, and there were none parked at the WL side.

Slightly related to the other discussion in this thread, let's talk about the paths to the beach.  There is the cart path and the pedestrian path. We always rode our bikes on the cart path until the guy directing traffic yelled at us to get on the pedestrian path, which didn't make sense to us, as our bikes were going closer to the speed of the carts than the speed of pedestrians. Seems it would be more dangerous to pedestrians to have bikes flying by.  Also, the pedestrian path looks newer and is way high off the ground, which could cause problems if bike tires went off or if the rider tried to get on after the street entrance.

But would you rather fall over on your bike and get stepped on or run over?