First Timers: three kids and a tent (September)

Thank you! I was wondering about partial vs. preferred but it seems partial would work for us! and it looks like pray for the 1500 loop!!

If September 2016 is like 2015, it will be as hot as July/August.

There should be less rain, but it's Florida, we had thunderstorms 2 days ago.

All valuables should be locked in your car when away from the site.  Sensitive valuables (iPads, cameras, etc) that are affected by heat,  should put in something insulated like a foam ice chest w/o the ice to keep them from overheating in a locked car.

Clothes, cooking utensils are usually safe, but anything anymore is a potential target.  See the thread about the wheelchair being stolen.  Remember crooks take working vacations also.

Lock bikes together or to a tree, pole, etc. if you leave then unattended or where you cant see them.

There are 4 legged thieves around also.  DO NOT leave food items in your tent/screen room or you may come back to holes chewed through the fabric.

A partial site will be the least expensive, but they are also the fewest in number and at times are very very hard to get.

And like everyone else said welcome.

PS... we started back camping with a tent about 2 years ago.  We moved up to a POP UP and a tent.  We now look like the Beverly Hillbillies when we arrive.

Thank you for all this info! We are from Jacksonville, so very familiar with Florida weather :) Hopefully it won't be THAT bad. I am so excited. I went ahead and booked the partial site!!! We're ready to go! Now I'm googling like a mad woman! These are all awesome tips!!!!

Welcome!

No need for google when you have Fort Fiends. All the Disney and Fort information you want in one nice convenient place along with nice helpful people who have most likely "been there, done that". Just ask.

those storms a few days ago put a whooping on my city... EF2 Tornado

per the path that the NWS outlined it was headed towards my home, it dissipated about 3,500 feet away from our property

https://www.facebook.com/winknewstv/videos/10153850650674161/

Yeesh - glad it missed you!

He was in his driveway with 2 box fans pointing at the storm blowing it away from the new truck.

I was thinking more along the lines of this...

you_shall_not_pass1.jpg

Welcome!  We tent camped for a few years and just got a pop up.  We still take the tent for a closet/dressing room.  You are on the right track with partial - and yes - beg for 1500.  Best loop ever!!!  Do lock up valuables, secure food (Fort squirrels are very good at chewing through plastic - especially for cake and cinnamon rolls), and bring a fan to keep the air circulating at night.  

Travisma:

PS... we started back camping with a tent about 2 years ago.  We moved up to a POP UP and a tent.  We now look like the Beverly Hillbillies when we arrive.

Hey now!

Welcome!  We tent camped for a few years and just got a pop up.  We still take the tent for a closet/dressing room.  You are on the right track with partial - and yes - beg for 1500.  Best loop ever!!!  Do lock up valuables, secure food (Fort squirrels are very good at chewing through plastic - especially for cake and cinnamon rolls), and bring a fan to keep the air circulating at night.  

Travisma:

Hey now!

Our last trip we pared down some things so we were more like the Santa Monica Hillbillies. We will see what happens again when we go for the week around 4th of July!