Twenty One!: The TCD Twins' 21st Birthday Jamboree at the Fort

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Good to know.  Does HF have the rocking chairs?  I had a Coleman folding rocking chair that only made it through a couple of camping trips before it broke, so I'm leery of those.

That's impressive. 

We have one chair that has a similar design to the folding ones they sell at the Fort- it was a gift to our oldest DD when she graduated from high school back in 2009.  She used it for tailgating for the four years she was at FSU, and we have brought it on a lot of camping trips, and it is still in great shape.  I can't say the same about some of the new Logo brand folding chairs I have.

TCD

No rocking chairs at HF.

I found a pair of the folding camp chairs on Craigslist for $15.  They were in rougher shape than I would have liked, but after fighting rush hour traffic for an hour to get there I bought them anyway.  The frames and backs are in good shape along with the hanging storage pouch.   The seats and backs have cushioning in them but the seats have some rips in them..  My wife is going to make new pieces for them, and I have to fix one of the tables. 

These were made by Picnic Time, and when we looked them up, they retail for $80 to $100 each!  Don't know what makes them that much better than similar ones.

Here's a link to them on Amazon, and these are in Purple (ours are green).

http://www.amazon.com/Picnic-Time-Portable-Folding-Sports/dp/B000NBH8Z6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1465223735&sr=8-4&keywords=picnic+folding+chairs

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need to post this last batch of photos so I can be done with this TR, as I'll have another one to start next week. And, I still need to take that trip. Heck, I still need to pack for that

So is it just the 1500 and 2000 loops where Disney allows it to be like the lawless old west where anything goes? Are us lowlife tent/PUP owners $$ not as good as the TT and the rolling mansion R

Shall we call you Dory?

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Travisma said:

No rocking chairs at HF.

I found a pair of the folding camp chairs on Craigslist for $15.  They were in rougher shape than I would have liked, but after fighting rush hour traffic for an hour to get there I bought them anyway.  The frames and backs are in good shape along with the hanging storage pouch.   The seats and backs have cushioning in them but the seats have some rips in them..  My wife is going to make new pieces for them, and I have to fix one of the tables. 

These were made by Picnic Time, and when we looked them up, they retail for $80 to $100 each!  Don't know what makes them that much better than similar ones.

Here's a link to them on Amazon, and these are in Purple (ours are green).

http://www.amazon.com/Picnic-Time-Portable-Folding-Sports/dp/B000NBH8Z6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1465223735&sr=8-4&keywords=picnic+folding+chairs

It looks like you got a good deal on the chairs at $15 a piece, but is the retail price worth it?  Are these any better than Harbor Freight chairs?

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

So, is that privately owned?

I know that there is an official Lilly jeep that travels around to the stores and doing promotions, but do people decorate their private vehicles like that?

There is a Lilly Pulitzer store in our town, so I assume the jeeps are related to advertising for the store. I've seen at least two different ones around.

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It looks like you got a good deal on the chairs at $15 a piece, but is the retail price worth it?  Are these any better than Harbor Freight chairs?

TCD

I got them for $15 for the pair. We spent $10 for new material, so we are still below the price of a pair from HF, and way below the retail price of the chairs.

Are they worth the retail price, probably not, but hey 90% of everything out there is overpriced to begin with.  People don't bargain shop, won't purchase used, and toss things out instead of trying to fix them.  And the manufacturers and retailers know that.

Just like the store your daughter is working in.  Get a "free" hammock after spending $3K on clothing... what a bargain!

Are they better than HF's?  I'll let you know after we finish then, and I try them out, then go around the corner to HF and try theirs.

And enough of me hijacking your thread...

Update time.

It's now Friday morning, May 27th.  I had just slept on the fold-out couch.  It was very comfortable.  I would say more comfortable than the old murphy beds.  The support under the mattress is different from any fold-out couch I have seen before.  The base is solid- not fabric and springs like I've seen on every other fold out couch I've slept on.  That design also eliminates the metal cross bars that are often felt on a sofa bed.

I was up early.  The plan was for me to wake Twin #1 and for us to take a run this morning.  I went back into the bedroom and told her it was time to get up.  She said let's not and say we did.  I hated to deviate from our training schedule, but that Wine and Dine Half Marathon we're doing in November is still a far way off, and skipping this run was OK with me.  I had two golf carts parked outside at my disposal, and it was a beautiful, clear morning.  Perfect for looping.

While I was getting ready to head out, I figured I may as well make a pot of coffee, and take some photos of the cabin now, before the girls' guests descended on it an things got cluttered.

So, here's a photo of the extra chair in the living area.  The old design didn't have an extra chair.  This one is nice, and it is accompanied by a little side table:

5%2028%2016%20077_zpszu7kcpen.jpg

That is a very nice, comfortable chair.  Which is nice for the one guest who gets to enjoy it.  I think there is space for another chair, and it would be nice to have two.

The kitchen table, bench and chairs are not noticeably different from the old ones- but that light fixture is new, and I like it:

5%2028%2016%20078_zpsmnamazbi.jpg

The kitchens in these cabins have been completely gutted and replaced. The new ones sure are pretty, but they no longer have the standard oven and stove top:

5%2028%2016%20079_zps4dh3tqom.jpg

I'll have some more cabin photos in just a little while in this post.

For now, though, it was time to loop.

I had parked one of our golf carts in the Pioneer Hall parking area the night before so I could plug it in.  The cabins only have one electric outlet in the front.  So, I walked over there and began my looping from there.  It was pretty early, and the first guest I saw was this fellow taking his doggy for a walk down that new pedestrian sidewalk:

5%2028%2016%20080_zps7ygykzfq.jpg

Here's a sunrise over cabin 118 photo:

5%2028%2016%20081_zps1kwrr72l.jpg

Remember that guy with the dog?

He walked right past this sign to get to where he was:

5%2028%2016%20082_zpsn3j0savl.jpg

I guess they need to make that no pets part a bit clearer?

I looped around the 100 loop, and decided that now would be a good time to get some photos of the outside of the cabin.

These two cabins on the 100 loop have different porches from the others.  They are narrow, and there's no room for the picnic table.  But they give you two adult rocking chairs and one child-sized one, so that's a win for me:

5%2028%2016%20083_zpszs7slnja.jpg

The regular cabins have their picnic table up on the porch, but here the picnic tables are on ground level, and you get two grills:

5%2028%2016%20084_zpsbkpicnsi.jpg

One small problem is that you are facing your neighbor in these cabins, because the floor plan for 120 is flipped and the cabin doors face each other, which is not the case on the regular cabin loops where all of the cabins are oriented in the same direction:

5%2028%2016%20086_zps21rl1ydx.jpg

Now I'm back in the cabin to get a cup of coffee.  They give you a full sized coffee maker in here, and supply the coffee too.  I didn't know that they still did that.  The housekeeper replenished the coffee every day:

5%2028%2016%20087_zpsslwd8oeq.jpg

In place of the old ranges, they now just have this two burner cook-top.  I am not sure how well these will hold up in this environment, but that's what they chose to do:

5%2028%2016%20088_zpspjxdkx2p.jpg

The cook tops are the only appliance in the kitchen manufactured by Kitchen Aide:

5%2028%2016%20089_zpsc2zgofcn.jpg

There is no conventional oven anymore.  Instead, they provide a convection/microwave oven.  I've never used one of these, and there were no instructions around, which could be a problem:

5%2028%2016%20091_zpsljc8wwkx.jpg

The oven was a Kenmore:

5%2028%2016%20092_zpsqarzvhjy.jpg

So is the fridge:

5%2028%2016%20093_zpsks7l1lux.jpg

5%2028%2016%20094_zpskycufqe1.jpg

By the way, there is a working ice maker in the freezer, and it worked great.

There is a full-sized dishwasher, and it also is a Kenmore:

5%2028%2016%20095_zpskekbm2yx.jpg

5%2028%2016%20096_zpsy6an11rc.jpg

We will be doing some more decorating later. For now, we just have that home-made streamer hanging above the TV.  The TV's are 55' Samsungs.  There are plenty of available inputs to attach things, but there was no DVD player.  The cabins used to have DVD players.  Maybe nobody wants those anymore?:

5%2028%2016%20098_zpsutivxdsr.jpg

Today, in just a little while, we would be heading back to the Reception Outpost.  I was hoping for a spot on the 1500 loop, so I paid particular attention to what sites were occupied and open, and who looked like they might be leaving.  I looped around there this morning, and saw that there were a few sites open, so that put my mind at ease.  We would be checking in early, so getting on 1500 shouldn't be a problem.

Here we are heading out toward the Outpost- I left the camper there in the overflow last night, and was hoping that it was still where I left it.  Check out the blooming tree with the white flowers on the right- that's a Bay Tree.  They only bloom this time of year:

5%2028%2016%20099_zpsy1nhemlz.jpg

Bay Trees are beautiful, but the flowers don't give off much of a scent, and they seem to fall off the tree as fast as they bloom:

5%2028%2016%20102_zps2hdqigax.jpg

If you're looking for a delightful scent, I recommend a stop at the massive gardenia bushes that sit just to the south of the four-way stop:

5%2028%2016%20103_zpsgxh7csr7.jpg

I parked it here for a while and breathed deep:

5%2028%2016%20104_zps5t9ighdo.jpg

Wow.  So nice!

I was happy to see the TCD pop-up right where I had parked it.  My original plan was to leave it hitched up and to put a padlock through the latch, but I had unhitched to go to the golf cart pick up, and then we took the Excursion to Wal-Mart the night before.  So, we left Twin #2's Mini in front of the camper, and parked the Excursion at the cabin.  Everything was right where we left it:

5%2028%2016%20105_zpsij4dmdpk.jpg

I thought the overflow lot might have been more busy on this Friday morning of Memorial Day Weekend, but it wasn't:

5%2028%2016%20106_zpsebmrdd05.jpg

5%2028%2016%20107_zpsuw1c1tt9.jpg

Some of the trailers parked out here had parking permits on them, but a lot didn't.  This pop-up was there the whole weekend, and had a parking permit in a plastic bag tied to the door:

5%2028%2016%20108_zpslpscrfqo.jpg

I headed back to the cabin, and got stuck behind a car who was stuck behind a jackwagon driving a Fort golf cart about 8 miles an hour down Fort Wilderness Trail:

5%2028%2016%20109_zpshtlgdii9.jpg

Gosh, there are a lot of jackwagons driving golf carts at the Fort.  I ended up making a lot of trips in and out of the Fort on this trip, and less than 50% of guests honor the rule that says that golf carts must pull over for regular vehicles.

I went by the 2100 loop to see what was going on there.  There were workers on the loop, and they had turned off this obnoxiously bright spot light that they had lit up the night before:

5%2028%2016%20110_zps9xeyyych.jpg

Back at the cabin, the girls had requested that I wake them at 9.  I got busy making breakfast so it would be ready when they awoke.

They give you one frying pan in the cabin- this one says it uses induction technology, which made me wonder if the cook top was one of those induction cook-tops.  It isn't:

5%2028%2016%20112_zpsnqe6vkdq.jpg

The frying pan was nice and clean and shiny.  I wonder how much longer that will be the case?:

5%2028%2016%20113_zps7hrtpoqr.jpg

The rest of the provided pots were Faberware brand:

5%2028%2016%20114_zps3ikm2mxy.jpg

Here's the pot situation. Those racks you see there on the shelf are for the oven. There was a little tent on top of the counter warning that the racks were only to be used in the convection mode.  I have a bad feeling about that:

5%2028%2016%20115_zpsf3aynjvp.jpg

For the sake of completeness, here's the cutlery drawer:

5%2028%2016%20116_zpsqzkkkfmx.jpg

There are steak knives in the next drawer down, along with several can and bottle openers and one spoon and one spatula- there are no BBQ tools:

5%2028%2016%20117_zpsqou3ngpv.jpg

Here's the dishes and glasses:

5%2028%2016%20118_zpsqdl8432q.jpg

5%2028%2016%20119_zps8zpeh4bm.jpg

Note that there are two covered casserole dishes up there above the glasses and cups. 

There is no cookie sheet or broiler pan.

The toaster is nice- it was sitting where my big-A** blender is on the counter.  I moved it to a lower cabinet, and brought it out when I needed it:

5%2028%2016%20120_zpsbnxyjjdv.jpg

Another cabinet had a pitcher and measuring cup:

5%2028%2016%20121_zpslbbhr3t6.jpg

5%2028%2016%20122_zpsrafduxua.jpg

All in all, the dishware and cookware provided is adequate.  But, I wouldn't want to try to cook a Thanksgiving meal in a cabin.

I got the girls up, and enjoyed the view from their bedroom window.  It's kind of washed out here in this photo, but you could actually see the Settlement playground and Bay Lake beyond it from this window.  Pretty awesome:

5%2028%2016%20124_zpsawrtupdz.jpg

5%2028%2016%20126_zpstas9yrti.jpg

I whipped up some breakfast for the girls.

And then we headed up to the Reception Outpost to check in to our site on 1500. 

At least that was the plan.

TCD

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Hey Leslie!

Wow!  What a trip that's going to be.

I suppose you know that the cabins have all been pulled off of the 2100 loop, right?  That's going to make it interesting as far as y'all trying to get a campsite close to the cabins.

I'm still planning the rest of June and early July, so I can't say for sure if I'll be around the Fort toward the end of July, but chances are good I'll be at WDW at some point that week.

Yep - this one is going to be a biggie.  Should be wild and crazy but fun.

I was so disappointed to hear about 2100 no longer having cabins. :(  Last time we did the 2100/1100 combo and it was perfect.  This time, the cabin people will just have to work a little harder to hook up with the camping people.

Hope to get to see you!

Maybe they are sited as they are to keep from having to look at the lowly campers next door. :lol::lol::lol:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"One small problem is that you are facing your neighbor in these cabins, because the floor plan for 120 is flipped and the cabin doors face each other, which is not the case on the regular cabin loops where all of the cabins are oriented in the same direction:"

Ahhh, "buddy sites" like some of the other campgrounds have.  We make a 'courtyard' between rigs set up on two different loops at one place we go to with friends.  The doors sides face eachother.

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

One small problem is that you are facing your neighbor in these cabins, because the floor plan for 120 is flipped and the cabin doors face each other, which is not the case on the regular cabin loops where all of the cabins are oriented in the same direction:

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

There is no conventional oven anymore.  Instead, they provide a convection/microwave oven.  I've never used one of these, and there were no instructions around, which could be a problem:

5%2028%2016%20091_zpsljc8wwkx.jpg

First, awesome rundown of everything in the kitchen!   Very helpful for planning.

Second, I'm guessing you didn't bake anything in the convection/microwave.  I'm wondering if anyone else reading has.  I know that several family members are planning to cook (casseroles, lasagna, etc.) while at the cabins this summer, and I'd love to hear if anyone has had any luck with these new ovens.

Ahhh, "buddy sites" like some of the other campgrounds have.  We make a 'courtyard' between rigs set up on two different loops at one place we go to with friends.  The doors sides face eachother.

I wish more campgrounds had sites like that. We have friends that just started camping and this past thanksgiving we found a campground that let one of us back in and the other pull in. There is one campground near us that all of the sites are set up that way. We haven't gone yet but plan to. Makes things much easier and nicer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Somehow I missed that you got the 100 loop! You made a big deal about your request, but then I didn't see what you requested. Nice!

That's some birthday magic right there. 

I slept on the sofa bed when we were upgraded to a family suite at All-Star Music. I was surprised how comfortable they were and sound like what you're describing. 

I don't know why they would put in the convection unless it was cheaper?? I bet most people have never used them. I'm a fan of regular, old school, everyone knows how to use them ovens/microwaves. Heck just switching from gas to electric or vice versa is tricky! 

When I i was down for my TA training and we were touring Wilderness Lodge I had some time to speak with one of the guides running the touring. I specifically addressed the Convection oven replacement. You can of course take everything I was told with a grain of salt. 

When i asked why they chose to make that change and expressed the disappointment of my clients and friends about losing the oven he told me they had run some metering. He claims they measured how much the ovens were being used and between the electric and the cleaning they found the vast majority of the time they werent being used. Meanwhile they were hearing about a need for more storage. 

So the decision was made according to him to switch to the convection microwave and the 2 burner cooktop. It allowed for more cabinet space. Also making the switch to the sofa bed allowed for more storage in the wall and mounting a larger tv. 

Again take it for what its worth. 

12 minutes ago, Beckers said:

So by making them convection they will be used even less! Once again Disney is a brilliant. 

My guess would be shorter cleaning time, less power consumption, and adequate for the needs of the vast majority of the cabin guests combined with more storage. 

We went from a regular oven and microwave in the TT to a convection microwave in the moho.  Lighting the oven was such a pain ... it took up so much room ... I hated it.  I don't love the convection microwave, but I don't hate it as much as I did the oven.  I was intimidated by it at first, but it's easy to get used to.  And the storage we gained is great.

I think people have been making good points on both sides about the new oven.

A lot of people probably didn't use the regular oven that often so in Disney's infinite wisdom, out it went.

2 burner stove is kind of small, but then again maybe Disney knows more than we do about customers habits.

Extra storage is always welcome.

But TCD raised a couple of good points. 

Combo devices require a learning curve, and who wants to spend precious Fort time trying to figure out what the different knobs and setting are for.  Some regular microwaves aren't that intuitive to use any more, let alone throwing in a convection oven feature.

Convection ovens cook differently and faster than a normal oven.  I can see a lot of burned dinners in the future.

And the racks hidden in the cabinet.  It wont take too long for someone to toss them into the oven and try to do two tier microwaving.  They will be having their own personal fireworks right in the cabin!

How many people will utilize the extra storage?  And if they do use the extra room for food stuffs, they will be the ones missing the oven and the extra 2 burners because they are staying longer and don't plan on eating out that often.

20 hours ago, lklasing said:

Yep - this one is going to be a biggie.  Should be wild and crazy but fun.

I was so disappointed to hear about 2100 no longer having cabins. :(  Last time we did the 2100/1100 combo and it was perfect.  This time, the cabin people will just have to work a little harder to hook up with the camping people.

Hope to get to see you!

You could always take a shot at asking for the 100 loop cabins.

It worked for me!

I called 407-824-2727 and insisted on being put through to a CM at the actual front desk (the call was initially answered by someone with a very thick accent in a very noisy call center).

You could also ask for the campsite to be on 100.

That would be epic!

20 hours ago, Travisma said:

The story is great so far, can't wait to get home so I can see the pictures you've been describing!

Thanks, Mark.  I'm glad you like it so far.  We're really just getting started. 

17 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

The cabins facing each other would be great if you were traveling with another family that had the other cabin.

Agreed.

But, they could also be bad if you're not traveling with another family and you end up with bad neighbors.  Luckily, we didn't.  The guests who were initially in that other cabin left on Friday and another family moved in.  Fortunately, the next family was a fun bunch with a young grandma, a couple of her daughters, and a bunch of kids.  The kids were outside having fun all day, and the older kids in our cabin enjoyed them.

17 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Maybe they are sited as they are to keep from having to look at the lowly campers next door. :lol::lol::lol:

That is actually a good point.  If I was camped next to a cabin, I wouldn't want cabin people looking down at me.

17 hours ago, Dalspot ... Karen said:

Ahhh, "buddy sites" like some of the other campgrounds have.  We make a 'courtyard' between rigs set up on two different loops at one place we go to with friends.  The doors sides face each other.

That sounds like fun. Sites like that would be a sure hit at the Fort.

15 hours ago, lklasing said:

First, awesome rundown of everything in the kitchen!   Very helpful for planning.

Second, I'm guessing you didn't bake anything in the convection/microwave.  I'm wondering if anyone else reading has.  I know that several family members are planning to cook (casseroles, lasagna, etc.) while at the cabins this summer, and I'd love to hear if anyone has had any luck with these new ovens.

The only thing anyone tried to bake in the oven were frozen pizzas.  The TCD twins are smart girls and good cooks, and they have eaten a lot of frozen pizzas since heading off to college.  So this should have worked fine.They figured out how to pre-heat the convection oven, and popped a pizza in it on the round rack from the cabinet below.  All was going fine, but then when it came time for the actual baking, the oven somehow shut down.  They ended up microwaving the pizzas, which is not ideal.

Convection ovens have been around for a while, though, and I'm sure you must be able to make lasagna and things like that in them.  I suggest that you find some instructions for a Kenmore convection oven on-line, because there aren't any instructions provided in the cabin.

15 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I wish more campgrounds had sites like that. We have friends that just started camping and this past thanksgiving we found a campground that let one of us back in and the other pull in. There is one campground near us that all of the sites are set up that way. We haven't gone yet but plan to. Makes things much easier and nicer.

Like I said above- this would be a fun thing at the Fort.

12 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Somehow I missed that you got the 100 loop! You made a big deal about your request, but then I didn't see what you requested. Nice!

That's some birthday magic right there. 

I slept on the sofa bed when we were upgraded to a family suite at All-Star Music. I was surprised how comfortable they were and sound like what you're describing. 

Yes, getting one of those cabins was awesome.  It made the weekend so much more fun for the girls, and it was great for their friends who came to visit.  It's so much easier to use Disney transportation to get to the 100 than it would have been to get to a cabin loop.

I'll bet those sofa beds in the family suites are the same as what they put in the cabins.  I do wonder how long these will last before being worn out by heavy use, though.

10 hours ago, Beckers said:

I don't know why they would put in the convection unless it was cheaper?? I bet most people have never used them. I'm a fan of regular, old school, everyone knows how to use them ovens/microwaves. Heck just switching from gas to electric or vice versa is tricky! 

I would prefer a full sized, old-fashioned range and oven too, but Jason makes some good points in his post, below.

9 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

When I i was down for my TA training and we were touring Wilderness Lodge I had some time to speak with one of the guides running the touring. I specifically addressed the Convection oven replacement. You can of course take everything I was told with a grain of salt. 

When i asked why they chose to make that change and expressed the disappointment of my clients and friends about losing the oven he told me they had run some metering. He claims they measured how much the ovens were being used and between the electric and the cleaning they found the vast majority of the time they werent being used. Meanwhile they were hearing about a need for more storage. 

So the decision was made according to him to switch to the convection microwave and the 2 burner cooktop. It allowed for more cabinet space. Also making the switch to the sofa bed allowed for more storage in the wall and mounting a larger tv. 

Again take it for what its worth. 

Thanks for this input, Jason.

This all sounds pretty credible to me.  Overall, I prefer the new kitchen layout and arrangement to the old.  I mean, it's not like this is anyone's permanent residence.  The design and layout are perfect for a vacation visit.

9 hours ago, Beckers said:

So by making them convection they will be used even less! Once again Disney is a brilliant. 

I think that's true.  I really wouldn't plan on doing any serious cooking in that convection oven.

9 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

My guess would be shorter cleaning time, less power consumption, and adequate for the needs of the vast majority of the cabin guests combined with more storage. 

I agree with all of this.  It seems like there's a lot more counter space, and the kitchen is more functional.

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We went from a regular oven and microwave in the TT to a convection microwave in the moho.  Lighting the oven was such a pain ... it took up so much room ... I hated it.  I don't love the convection microwave, but I don't hate it as much as I did the oven.  I was intimidated by it at first, but it's easy to get used to.  And the storage we gained is great.

Good to know.  I think a laminated sheet of instructions for the oven would be a nice thing for them to include with the cabin provisions.

29 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I think people have been making good points on both sides about the new oven.

A lot of people probably didn't use the regular oven that often so in Disney's infinite wisdom, out it went.

2 burner stove is kind of small, but then again maybe Disney knows more than we do about customers habits.

Extra storage is always welcome.

But TCD raised a couple of good points. 

Combo devices require a learning curve, and who wants to spend precious Fort time trying to figure out what the different knobs and setting are for.  Some regular microwaves aren't that intuitive to use any more, let alone throwing in a convection oven feature.

Convection ovens cook differently and faster than a normal oven.  I can see a lot of burned dinners in the future.

And the racks hidden in the cabinet.  It wont take too long for someone to toss them into the oven and try to do two tier microwaving.  They will be having their own personal fireworks right in the cabin!

How many people will utilize the extra storage?  And if they do use the extra room for food stuffs, they will be the ones missing the oven and the extra 2 burners because they are staying longer and don't plan on eating out that often.

All good points.

I think those racks and ovens are going to be an issue in the long run.

8 minutes ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I know when we rented a cabin for our first family trip we had great intentions of using the oven in there. Those intentions didn't last past the second day. We may have used the oven once at the most twice.

True.  Back in the old days when we were cabin people, we didn't use the oven too much either.  Maybe to bake a pan of brownies or heat up some frozen steak fries.  I think those tasks can be completed in the convection oven.

1 minute ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

I think I could still do Thanksgiving dinner in that kitchen.  Lots of the sides can go in crockpots. ;)

Does the other cabin have a separate picnic table/grilling area?  

Crockpots would be a great thing to bring, and there is plenty of counter space for them.  Also, a small table in the space where I had that cooler would work.  One thing that I haven't mentioned is that there are electric outlets everywhere inside the cabins.  That sometimes is an issue in hotel rooms when everyone is trying to charge their electronics.  We had plenty to choose from in the cabin.  So, yes, you could cook a Thanksgiving meal in the cabin, but I don't think you could cook a very big turkey in that oven.

Yes, the other cabin has a picnic table and two grills too, and the set-up of that one is more private.  The TCD gang actually stayed in that cabin several years back, pre-renovation.  I liked the location and placement of the cabin we had on this trip a little better than that one.

TCD