Disney's Lone Ranger played by Johnny Depp.

According to what I heard today on the radio, and what I just looked up online, Johnny is going to be Tonto, and they haven't found the Lone Ranger yet....  I remember the story because they were complaining that he wasn't native american, so he shouldn't get the role....

JohnnyB, I've read the entire story and you're right. JD will be Tonto. That's kinda strange. Big star playing the second fiddle role. I assumed by the headline below that JD was playing the leading role.

Half Nelson star in talks to take role opposite Johnny Depp as Tonto in movie remake of the classic radio and TV series.

Guardian Unlimited - April 19, 2011

By Ben Child

guardian.co.uk

Disney has picked Johnny Depp, or maybe the other way around, to portray the Lone Ranger in a big budget movie produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.

That should be interesting.

Johnny Depp is an acquired taste. I have acquired it ???

Johnny Depp ..ehh.. ok, but Captain jack... RARRRR!!!!!  :)) :rofl2:

Now, I like Depp as an actor, but the Lone Ranger?? I think there was better choices the Depp. I was thinking someone a little more bulky to play it. DW says Mark Wahlberg would be a good choice.

The other day my teenage son asked me if I knew who Marky Marky was (didn't know that Mark Wahlberg and him were one and the same though until my son told me and showed me a 60 Minutes video).  I left him speechless when I told him "Yes."  It was actually pretty funny as I was quizzing him on his English Vocabulary words and he was just so shocked that I knew who he was and couldn't formulate a thought.  I moved up a notch on the coolness rating that night.  :rofl2:

According to what I heard today on the radio, and what I just looked up online, Johnny is going to be Tonto, and they haven't found the Lone Ranger yet....  I remember the story because they were complaining that he wasn't native american, so he shouldn't get the role....

Sounds like they are making it as a comedy.......  :-(

They tried that with Dragnet, Starsky and Hutch etc.....  rarely works

;) ;D :( :( :(

Now, I like Depp as an actor, but the Lone Ranger?? I think there was better choices the Depp. I was thinking someone a little more bulky to play it. DW says Mark Wahlberg would be a good choice.

The other day my teenage son asked me if I knew who Marky Marky was (didn't know that Mark Wahlberg and him were one and the same though until my son told me and showed me a 60 Minutes video).  I left him speechless when I told him "Yes."  It was actually pretty funny as I was quizzing him on his English Vocabulary words and he was just so shocked that I knew who he was and couldn't formulate a thought.  I moved up a notch on the coolness rating that night.  ;)

;D :(

• 1 year later...