Jump to content
PghBob

Geyser Point - Disney hits a home run

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

They were offering some breakfast options inside Territory Lounge.

Good to know.  Apparently, those people complaining on Yelp about the limited options didn't get the memo. 

8 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Oh, and one thing I haven't posted yet...as the Lodge is under construction, they had a nice little gift for us in the room when we checked in.

c12c508f84386c5a928000ebcec88ced.jpg

897d2e182a866b5756e4f21c814affa1.jpg

 

Nice.

I'll bet the factory in China is working overtime to crank those pins out for the Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach resorts.

TCD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on the good side of their new seating style over the holidays as just as the hostess was leading us to our seat someone just walked up and sat there, she politely explained to them and eventually they were seated next to us, funny thing was they were from our home state and wearing their Fighting Blue Hen hats proudly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The WDWNT just posted this negative review of Geyser Point:

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2018/01/review-geyser-point-bar-grills-shine-fades-menu-policy-changes/

I am hoping that the weird seating issue was something they implemented for the holidays- it sounds really odd.

TCD

We experienced the seating issue over Thanksgiving, only the sign directing you to the podium wasn't there. We sat down at a nice table with a view of the water and were told we had to go to the podium. Then, they tried to have us sit as far as possible from the water. "Ahhhh... no, sorry, see that table? That's where we'd like to sit, please." It was kind of weird. I would have understood if it was busy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

We were on the good side of their new seating style over the holidays as just as the hostess was leading us to our seat someone just walked up and sat there, she politely explained to them and eventually they were seated next to us, funny thing was they were from our home state and wearing their Fighting Blue Hen hats proudly

I'm sure it's a good thing when it's busy. 

It's too bad, though- the place is so nice that people are flocking there. 

24 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

We experienced the seating issue over Thanksgiving, only the sign directing you to the podium wasn't there. We sat down at a nice table with a view of the water and were told we had to go to the podium. Then, they tried to have us sit as far as possible from the water. "Ahhhh... no, sorry, see that table? That's where we'd like to sit, please." It was kind of weird. I would have understood if it was busy. 

Crazy. But, I'm sure Disney has a good reason for this. The WDWNT article speculates that it's to flip tables. That's probably true. 

TCD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty bummed if this is going to be the new normal there. It's a great casual place and we stopped in there several times while we were staying at the WL. I see the menu has changed as well, so that also stinks. While it definitely needed some more variety, a separate menu from the counter service place made it a nicer place to visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

I'm pretty bummed if this is going to be the new normal there. It's a great casual place and we stopped in there several times while we were staying at the WL. I see the menu has changed as well, so that also stinks. While it definitely needed some more variety, a separate menu from the counter service place made it a nicer place to visit.

I've read some comments on various WL fan pages, and the consensus is that Disney goofed by trying to combine a bar with a quick serve location. It confuses guests, and the result is that neither the quick serve or bar has operated successfully or efficiently. It's too bad- the uniqueness of GP is what I personally really liked. But at Disney, unique is frowned upon. 

TCD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2018 at 1:05 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I've read some comments on various WL fan pages, and the consensus is that Disney goofed by trying to combine a bar with a quick serve location. It confuses guests, and the result is that neither the quick serve or bar has operated successfully or efficiently. It's too bad- the uniqueness of GP is what I personally really liked. But at Disney, unique is frowned upon. 

TCD

I get that, it seemed like not really having a designated seating area for the QS restaurant has caused issues. However, they do offer poolside delivery and it would probably streamline operations to have the QS restaurant utilize the GP area during say breakfast and lunch, then switch over to bar service only for dinner. But hey, that's just common sense talking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rene and I stopped in here for drinks and snacks one afternoon. This might become our new afternoon break hang out place. During the couple of hours we were there ordered the BBQ Brisket Dip  and Charcuterie. For the Brisket Dip we subbed waffle fries for the potato chips on the recommendation of the bartender. Both were good although I'll give higher marks to the shredded duck confit that came with the charcuterie. You still have to report to the podium for a table but the bar is walk up. While conversing with the bartender she said that it looks like there will be another lunch menu change and the addition of a dinner menu. She also said they considering reserved seating with the menu changes. I think this would be a bad decision. One of the things we liked about Geyser Point is it is a place where adults can casually hang out without a lot of planning (something lacking at WDW IMO). Going to reservations would hurt the ability to do this.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, keith_h said:

While conversing with the bartender she said that it looks like there will be another lunch menu change and the addition of a dinner menu. She also said they considering reserved seating with the menu changes. I think this would be a bad decision. One of the things we liked about Geyser Point is it is a place where adults can casually hang out without a lot of planning (something lacking at WDW IMO). Going to reservations would hurt the ability to do this.    

Agree about adding reserved seating (booo) but I'll be curious to see what the menu changes look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a report on the podium/seating situation at Geyser Point. We went there at around 8 pm last Saturday night. There are signs posted telling guests to report to the podium. We checked in there and the CM took a cell number and told us we should get a text within 15-20 minutes. We walked over to look at the geyser, and in about two minutes we got the text. 

We were seated at table facing the water, and a server brought us menus from both the bar and quick serve. The server took our food and drink orders and delivered it all to the table. It was full service at quick serve prices. 

I actually like the podium and hostess. Before, we would have to stalk tables and compete with others to grab one. It's much more civilized now, and the full service is great. 

TCD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I have a report on the podium/seating situation at Geyser Point. We went there at around 8 pm last Saturday night. There are signs posted telling guests to report to the podium. We checked in there and the CM took a cell number and told us we should get a text within 15-20 minutes. We walked over to look at the geyser, and in about two minutes we got the text. 

We were seated at table facing the water, and a server brought us menus from both the bar and quick serve. The server took our food and drink orders and delivered it all to the table. It was full service at quick serve prices. 

I actually like the podium and hostess. Before, we would have to stalk tables and compete with others to grab one. It's much more civilized now, and the full service is great. 

TCD 

We ate there once and sat outside (inside was full) going towards the pool.

We had to get our own food.  Do they also serve out there now, or just inside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Travisma said:

We ate there once and sat outside (inside was full) going towards the pool.

We had to get our own food.  Do they also serve out there now, or just inside?

Those tables (over by the old bar/new spa) are up for grabs. And I should have mentioned that the podium system was not in use at breakfast time- it was self-seating self-service then. 

TCD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Those tables (over by the old bar/new spa) are up for grabs. And I should have mentioned that the podium system was not in use at breakfast time- it was self-seating self-service then. 

TCD 

So it's just you and the birds out in the open...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had drinks and the cheesy bbq brisket in November and thought it was very good.

We will be back.

We also ate breakfast at Roaring Fork.....and some of the waffle combinations that are no longer on the menu, were still available if you requested them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2018 at 1:36 PM, Travisma said:

So it's just you and the birds out in the open...

The bird situation has been fixed! 

On 3/24/2018 at 9:40 AM, AC in A2......Aaron said:

We had drinks and the cheesy bbq brisket in November and thought it was very good.

We will be back.

We also ate breakfast at Roaring Fork.....and some of the waffle combinations that are no longer on the menu, were still available if you requested them.

Man that dish is good! We order it every time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×