Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy and Grandma

Disney's Discovery Lodge, not River Country

Recommended Posts

Looks like it will be DISCOVERY LODGE at the FORT.  

Apparently Info and questionaire sent out to DVC Members is all about DISNEY'S DISCOVERY LODGE.

This info is from a "crochety, old, Officially Retired", bus driver.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless your source became a DVC member, the likely source of this information is the WDWNT website.  This article was posted last week:

https://wdwnt.com/2018/10/disney-discovery-lodge-is-possible-new-wdw-vacation-club-resort-name-leaked-in-survey/

For what it's worth, the comments to the article made by alleged DVC members indicate that other names for the resort were proposed, such as "Colors of Nature" and "Reflections- A Lakeside Resort."  

So, really, all that we know is that Disney is polling DVC members about potential names.

TCD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are DVC Members and have yet to receive any polls or questionnaires about potential names of any "upcoming" resorts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

 

For what it's worth, the comments to the article made by alleged DVC members indicate that other names for the resort were proposed, such as "Colors of Nature" and "Reflections- A Lakeside Resort."  

So, really, all that we know is that Disney is polling DVC members about potential names.

TCD

Possibly, but no "River Country" mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duane said:

We are DVC Members and have yet to receive any polls or questionnaires about potential names of any "upcoming" resorts...

Neither have we.  The only thing we ever get is the magazine and our tax bill - they never forget that.

52 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

BTW, I like the name Discovery Lodge. It is a nod to the adjacent island. But I think they can do better, and the other names mentioned are just downright horrible.

I just hope it doesn't mean they are going to put some "villas" out on Discovery Island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lightbikes said:

Neither have we.  The only thing we ever get is the magazine and our tax bill - they never forget that.

I just hope it doesn't mean they are going to put some "villas" out on Discovery Island.

With a bridge for golf carts to the island, but only Discovery Lodge special chipped golf carts can open the gate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

BTW, I like the name Discovery Lodge. It is a nod to the adjacent island. But I think they can do better, and the other names mentioned are just downright horrible.

Probably because that will be a major view from the resort. Also if this getting built as originally planned nothing wil be left of River Country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

BTW, I like the name Discovery Lodge. It is a nod to the adjacent island. But I think they can do better, and the other names mentioned are just downright horrible.

After they named the new DVC at Wilderness Lodge Copper Creek, and renamed the old one Boulder Ridge, I figured that they would just make up some fake name for this new DVC without using the word Wilderness.  I still think that's the direction they'll go in. I would like it if they gave a nod to Discovery Island, but I'll be surprised if they do.

TCD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Since no one else took the bait, I will. What's BOAGYA?

TCD

Bend Over And Grab Your Ankles.  

This place won't be cheap.  And Disney always wins, in the Year of a Million Schemes.  

BTW, I think the word "Cypress" should be in the name....like Disney's Cypress Point Resort, or Disney's Cypress Springs Resort.  You know, to pay homage to the dozens of cypress trees they will need to bulldoze in order to build it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Bend Over And Grab Your Ankles.  

This place won't be cheap.  And Disney always wins, in the Year of a Million Schemes.  

BTW, I think the word "Cypress" should be in the name....like Disney's Cypress Point Resort, or Disney's Cypress Springs Resort.  You know, to pay homage to the dozens of cypress trees they will need to bulldoze in order to build it.  

I knew it was going to be something like that. LOL. 

I like the idea of including cypress in the name, but I'm still going to guess that the go with a completely made-up, unrelated name. 

TCD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×