At The Fort - All Are Welcome

We arrived this afternoon and will be here until May 23rd. We would love to meet any Fiends who may already be here or who are coming. You can find us in site 715. Just look for the crazy Chihuahuas in the window. :wacko: (The beautiful red golf cart is a Kenny rental and brand-spankin' new!!)

DSCN4167.jpg

DSCN4168.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We arrived this afternoon and will be here until May 23rd. We would love to meet any Fiends who may already be here or who are coming. You can find us in site 715. Just look for the crazy Chihuahuas i

The MK was open until midnight last night. Our grandson is with us again and we had a wonderful time. Watching the fireworks from Fantasyland is interesting. Most of the fireworks are still behind MK

We ended up spending most of the Friday afternoon at the Fort despite our best intentions to go to Epcot. Good thing because after our swimming expedition we came back to find MagicBus at our doorstep

Posted Images

We arrived this afternoon and will be here until May 23rd. We would love to meet any Fiends who may already be here or who are coming. You can find us in site 715. Just look for the crazy Chihuahuas in the window. :wacko: (The beautiful red golf cart is a Kenny rental and brand-spankin' new!!)

Love the cart! We are renting from Kenny too...hopefully we will get a new one too!

The MK was open until midnight last night. Our grandson is with us again and we had a wonderful time. Watching the fireworks from Fantasyland is interesting. Most of the fireworks are still behind MK but the rockets that stream straight up seem to come from right on top of the castle…you just keep turning back to front trying to watch everything. And it is really LOUD!

We got notice this morning that the 2011 Danskin Women’s Triathlon is being hosted here on Sunday with 1600 athletes competing. There is a ½ mile swim, a 12 mile bike ride and a 3.1 mile run. The notice reminds everybody that even though there will be delays and possibly some roads closed that checkout time is still 11AM including race participants. However, campers in loops 100, 200, 300 and 1500-1900 loops get a complimentary 1PM check out.

Interesting tidbit....We were told by CMs at check in that loops 300 and 400 will be shut down for maintenance starting today for an unspecified amount of time. There was no specific on what they will be doing…maybe fixing the old water pipe system? And judging by how many people are still there today it will probably be after the weekend before they empty out.

Today we have errands to run and then to the Studios for Toy Story riding and Fantasmic. They are two of our grandson’s favorites (besides Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Aladdin, etc. etc.) :)

BradyBzLyn12 – The Kenny cart is wonderful…I’m not an expert on golf carts but it does seem to go faster than the last one. Sure is easy to find in the cart corral too!

MagicBus – Don’t know if we will be here this afternoon. But, don’t give up on us...we will be here a while.

Stefa70 - Maybe I can talk the DH into extending a couple more days (hee..hee!)...I can always take a few more days at the Fort.

AWWWW, the grandson is with you? Even more excited for pictures now, there can never be a bad shot with that little one in it. :heart:

"Please, Please, Please, Mr. BBB can you stay a couple more days?" :worship:

We ended up spending most of the Friday afternoon at the Fort despite our best intentions to go to Epcot. Good thing because after our swimming expedition we came back to find MagicBus at our doorstep. It was a really nice Fiend visit and we hope Lou comes back again. In fact, we were so excited about a Fiend visit that we forgot to take pictures! So, here are some other pictures of what we saw throughout the day...

DSCN4364.jpg

DSCN4361.jpg

DSCN4357.jpg

DSCN4356.jpg

DSCN4353.jpg

DSCN4348.jpg

DSCN4346.jpg

DSCN4342.jpg

DSCN4341.jpg

DSCN4336.jpg

DSCN4331.jpg

DSCN4320.jpg

DSCN4369.jpg

Great pictures. I am so glad you got to meet Lou. He is a great person.

Nah, he's over rated.

It was a real pleasure meeting Tri B, (Karla), hubby and their really cute grandson. And of course like all Fiends I've met, nice people.

I'll be by again. We take Buddy there for walks often.