Pictures From The Stone Mountain Grand Gathering!!!!

I'm not going to do a trip report, but I am posting the pictures and videos that I have, lets's make this a GROUP trip report and everybody post on this same thread!!!

Here is the first batch

Headin down the road

100_2711.jpg

Getting closer

100_2713.jpg

We're here!

100_2715.jpg

Chillin in front of Bob's Camper

100_2717.jpg

Buddy

100_2716.jpg

Chillin

100_2718.jpg

Enjoyin the mornin

100_2719.jpg

Rich

100_2722.jpg

Kathy

100_2723.jpg

Our newest Fiend

100_2725.jpg

100_2728.jpg

100_2734.jpg

100_2737.jpg

100_2738.jpg

IMG_20110528_191924.jpg

This is a video. Click to play.

th_VID_20110528_191612.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish we could have been there, but my daughters graduation was this weekend too. That took priority.

Stone Mountain is where I proposed to my wife. I planned it so I popped the question just before the fireworks so when she said yes, fireworks went off at that time. Not sure what woulda happened if she said no.....

Looks like everyone had fun.

What a fast weekend. Seemed like everybody was just backing in the sites and then it was hook up time. I'll post some pics later but I'll do my report first.

We got on the road about 8 p.m. Thursday night and I was just going to drive until I got tired. That came at about Perry, GA at 1:30. We stopped at a rv park I believe at exit 127. The place was pretty busy but had a list of sites to go to and it was a back in. I tried being quiet.

Got up around 0800 and drove for about an hour and pulled into CB for breakfast. As most know Lorna and Richie stayed with us and she called to let us know they drove all night and were there. Got back on the road and headed for the rock. My GPS directed me to Memorial Drive instead of sending me a little further to 78 and then SM Main entrance. Nope, I was taken down Memorial Drive where we caught every light that was strategically placed at the bottom of a hill. Needless to say I was pissed when I realized an easier way was possible.

Once at the entrance the we were directed towards the CG. I was driving really slow and missed the 2 inch writing on the sign. Took us about an hour to get around as the road was one way and we had to go out to get back in. I was really irritated at this point.

Finally got in and set up. Looped for a while and did some visiting with H and Kim. It was nice to finally meet the queen of the greasy french fry tray. Dave and family showed up and we all got to see Anna. Boy, what a let down. Nobody really liked her. They LOVED her! She was a big hit. She's very lucky to be in that family.

Saturday I decided to let Daves 3 oldest drive the cart. 1 and 2 pretty good. 3 well have you seen the movie color purple where Oprah taught the lady to drive? I think Isabel may be related to that woman lol. She may actually be cut out for Nascar. Lets just say she likes to go left. They had fun though,

There was a guy there with a stretch Escalade golf cart. He claimed he paid 30k for it and it was for sale for 19k. Good luck. Sweet candy paint job and cool seats but not too impressed here.

Saturday night was the GG Dinner. If you see the sites they are kinda hilly. I was ready for a nap on the hill by Bobs camper after I ate 10 pounds of food. Thanks to Carol and Rick for the toasted almonds. I always enjoy them. We went down to the laser show after dinner and I was very impressed. They did a great job on the new show. Very patriotic and paid tribute to the Atlanta sports teams and singers from GA. Especially the Ray Charles segment. Mant times it got pretty emotional.

Sunday I made french toast and sausage for our group and then Annie and I went to the rock to ride the train and the car to the mountain top. Very cool at the top. Train was kinda boring as there's not much to see. We also watched a film about the carvers who worked on the mountain face. It was in the a/c which we were ready for. For those who have never been, SM Park is kinda like Frontier Land on steroids. We came back and visited with Cherie and Mike and the usual suspects. Matt, Annie and I had decided we wanted to see the Braves/Reds game since we were so close. I swear I'm only going to use my GPS as a speedo lol. It took us straight thru the worst section of Atlanta. I'm talking about head ducking bad lol. Finally got to the game and got tix. Walked in on the bottom of the 3rd. great game as the Bravos won. It was ESPN Sunday Night BB so we went and saw the commentators outside on the way to the car. Wendy Nix is hot lol. Barry Larkin and some other guy was there too. people in the audience kept heckling this other guy about drinking. Not sure what was up with that but there are some idiots in this world. They yelled some pretty nasty stuff and there were lots of kids there. Matts droid x took us a good way lol. No need to duck.

This morning we all packed up and hauled boogy. I loved the whole weekend but it was a long drive. It was worth it though to share the fellowship we had. I never saw so many troopers out as today. They had them all over 75 and 10.

To those who didn't make it we missed you. To those there we had a blast and appreciate the weekend. Glad everybody who left today made it home.

Donnie, good report but you left off the part about the wheel falling off your golf cart and you and Matt fighting about it. I heard all the details from my daughters...LOL! :rofl2:

Yeah he was giving me crap about my club car and how junky they are and about 2 hours later he's looking for lug bolts himself because his cart tire did the same thing. Karma baby.

Yeah he was giving me crap about my club car and how junky they are and about 2 hours later he's looking for lug bolts himself because his cart tire did the same thing. Karma baby.

How can you forget to check your lug nuts? :rofl2:

How can you forget to check your lug nuts? :rofl2:

Matt helped me put them on. As some of you know I have to put the small tires on my cart so it fits in the camper and then put the bigger one's on once it's out. I guess he forgot to tighten his too.